Patch Notes for February 18th, 2020

The Curator

1 hour ago, nzer said:

I'm not saying you're lying, just that you're incorrect

Nope, not incorrect You can go back and see powerhouse literally agreeing with me on page 2 that it was boosting the player. And It's been working this way for years now regardless of what the text says. Not saying it's been working correctly but it has definitely always worked that way or perhaps of because of the low chance for it to proc it actually procs both ways. Before procs per minute chance for build up was 5% chance every 10 seconds in toggles or 5% per firing the power/ per click or in the case of pets it would proc when summoning the pet or the when pet used attacks.

Dont care if you agree with me or not. I know what I've seen ingame and that's the reason why I always took patron pets to give myself an extra chance for build up proc. 

I have to admit, Noy, I'm having some doubts about it affecting the player, too... 

Remember that winged stalker I played all the time back on Liberty? Grey Kestrel? The one who had that perma-summoned Mu Adept side-kick? I had the Soulbound set for him, with the BU proc. I don't remember it ever affecting Kes' attacks. It absolutely DID fire and affect Cardinal's own, though. It was enough of an effect to be hard to miss.  

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

2 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

Nope, not incorrect You can go back and see powerhouse literally agreeing with me on page 2

Captain powerhouse was describing how it works as of this patch, not how it worked before, and how it works as of this patch is that it triggers only when summoning the pet, which is different than what you're describing.

As for how it used to work, I find it incredibly hard to believe it being broken for years would have gone unnoticed, and even if it did it doesn't matter; how you're alleging it worked is clearly incorrect based on the enhancement text.

• Like 2

Regarding Soulbound Allegiance: Some bugs should be left alone, there was really nothing wrong with Soulbound proccing for the player on activation of a pet power.

Kindly fix the damage caused by this change, imps, phantom army and such are kinda hit hard by such an important proc failing to fire off.

Edited by ScarySai

5 hours ago, nzer said:

As for how it used to work, I find it incredibly hard to believe it being broken for years would have gone unnoticed

I don't.  In a game this complex, with so many moving parts, it's very believable that a minor bug would go unnoticed for a very long time.   Especially since a good chunk of those years were spent with a dramatically shrunken playerbase and dev team. 

• Like 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

59 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

I don't.  In a game this complex, with so many moving parts, it's very believable that a minor bug would go unnoticed for a very long time.   Especially since a good chunk of those years were spent with a dramatically shrunken playerbase and dev team. 

It was noticed here literally the same day as the patch...

1 hour ago, ScarySai said:

Regarding Soulbound Allegiance: Some bugs should be left alone, there was really nothing wrong with Soulbound proccing for the player on activation of a pet power.

Kindly fix the damage caused by this change, imps, phantom army and such are kinda hit hard by such an important proc failing to fire off.

I'm sorry, are we suggesting it was proccing on both the pets and the players now? Is that even possible?

7 hours ago, nzer said:

It was noticed here literally the same day as the patch...

I'm sorry, are we suggesting it was proccing on both the pets and the players now? Is that even possible?

Whatever they did broke soulbound on some pets. Third imp for fire control, and spiderlings are definitely broken now.

It would only proc for the player on power activation, that I know of.

As for why it existed for so long, some bugs really were not a concern for Paragon, especially the final few years where the idea was to make everyone powerful.  Some things that are bugs can be considered 'happy accidents', and this game is full of them.

Edited by ScarySai

On 2/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, Captain Powerhouse said:

Gaussian is not broken, it’s meant to proc on players.

Soulbound is meant to proc on pets.

So is it intended that Gaussian's procs on the caster, not the target, when using a power like Forge that doesn't affect the caster? 'Cause that seems awkward and makes my Thermal Mastermind sad.

Edited by Draeth Darkstar

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

9 minutes ago, Draeth Darkstar said:

So is it intended that Gaussian's procs on the caster, not the target, when using a power like Forge that doesn't affect the caster? 'Cause that seems awkward and makes my Thermal Mastermind sad.

Yes. Gaussian’s should only ever effect the caster.