Give mastermind pets a fly speed buff so group fly isnt a nightmare.

Gigaburger

One of my favorite parts about robots was that they have the jets when you use group fly. Super cool, and makes traversing mission maps without resummoning much easier. However, pets do not fly as fast as us, and I suspect its because of our inherent swiftness that upgrades flight speed a smidgen. Would love to not have to fly backwards and stop-go-stop-go all of the time.

• Like 7

Yeah, about the only workaround I know is having everything (including you) follow a pet you keep pointing where you want to go.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

While we're at it, up the movement speed of all pets. I'm tired of them waddling up when the fight is half over, or my ff generator strolling along at sub-sprint pace. 

This.  FFG is basically worthless outside soloing because it can't keep up with the caster's base run speed, much less the "Leeroy Jenkins on crack" pace groups expect.

2 hours ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

While we're at it, up the movement speed of all pets. I'm tired of them waddling up when the fight is half over, or my ff generator strolling along at sub-sprint pace. 

Agreed.  Everyone I play with uses Super Speed while inside missions, and it makes playing a MM difficult because the pets simply do not keep up at all.

Edited by Apparition
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Greycat said:

Yeah, about the only workaround I know is having everything (including you) follow a pet you keep pointing where you want to go.

This was the commonly accepted solution back on live. You put yourself on follow to one of your pets, and then used the Goto command on them to send them where you wanted to go; they'd go where you directed them, you'd follow them, and the rest of your pets would follow you. Not a very clean solution, and it tended to be jerky, but it worked.

Edited by srmalloy

IMO, it's not so much that they need to buff the fly speed of pets - it's that they need a way to tether them to you a lot better;  MM pets should, when commanded, essentially be 1 step behind you.  I'd love to be able to place them in formation or somesuch, and have them stick to it, (immediate surroundings permitting, of course).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biostem said:

IMO, it's not so much that they need to buff the fly speed of pets - it's that they need a way to tether them to you a lot better;  MM pets should, when commanded, essentially be 1 step behind you.  I'd love to be able to place them in formation or somesuch, and have them stick to it, (immediate surroundings permitting, of course).

.... then we need football helments as costume options so I can wave my hands and call out an audible and change them from Shotgun to Wishbone, etc, with one Ninja-In-Motion running sideways behind the line. 

• Haha 2

I wish the whole dynamics of this power would be updated.

On players, rather than adding a +Fly status effect like it currently does, it should probably grant a Fly temporary power that expires in 3 minutes, that refreshes if you come within 30ft of the person running Group Fly. There are plenty of in game examples of Fly powers that expire. 

On critters, what you said.

• Like 3

Gonna point out

1. Group fly pisses your team off

2. Most don't know about Null Gull to turn it of

3. Some don't give a crap while they refuse to go visit Null using 5 minutes of their life.  Other option is to just boot them

I don't care either way since I can cancel the effects, just pointing it out about others opinion that are against Group fly but refuse to fix the problem.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 2/19/2020 at 2:39 AM, Greycat said:

I actually tried this. Does not work. The pets spread out and some fall down.