ToxinFox

ToxinFox's Mostly-Marker Art

Working on the next page already, and I'm looking forward to it (and the next few) because we finally get to see some cape and mask action! 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 5:32 PM, ToxinFox said:

New page!

(Nyx's pizza order is a version of my preferred custom order. Pineapple-haters can keep their opinions to themselves. XD)

doesnt everyone put pineapple on theyre pizza? Thought that was standard. :p

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

This latest page does rather invoke a question in me:  What social factors exist in this setting which has people wearing what would be defined as fetishwear in our world, rather than entirely practical and professional attire?

I know the out-of-character reason for it.  But within the context of the setting, what in-universe justification is there for people running around in such outfits.  It's a sociological and cultural question which I find deeply fascinating.

If there's a canon reason, I don't know it. My personal theory is that it's kind of like the bright colors some poisonous animals have-- it's a warning to anything looking at them and thinking of tangling with them: "Hey. I'm dangerous. Mess with me at your own risk." 

Hero, villain, or random Joe on the street can reasonably assume that the outlandishly dressed person wearing spandex and a cape probably has superpowers, and that might make that person a potential ally, adversary/problem/not a good target for a purse-snatching, or a potential rescuer/safe person to turn to for help, respectively. 

I mean, think about it. Would those Skulls still have tried to shake Nyx down for money if she'd answered the door wearing THAT? They're dumb, but they're not that dumb. 

Although that makes one wonder: is it considered at best unwise and at worst deceptive and dangerous for *normal civilians* to wear superhero outfits for fun? Like, is cosplay a terrible, awful, dangerous idea in Paragon? What if you're coming home from a convention or a costume party and a villain picks a fight with you because beating up a hero will give him street cred? You're a normal shlub, you don't have a medi-porter, to say nothing of superpowers...

So many questions...

Not just questions, ToxinFox.
INSPIRATION for a storyarc that you could write!

. . . hell, I'm even thinking of maybe writing a mission arc along those themes . . . hmm . . .