Beast Run stance as a Prestige Sprint option

Bossk_Hogg

2 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

You mean just the animation? Cuz that's an easy yes vote. Now, if you meant the power itself, then, no...

Well it does mention "stance" and with context clues, I'm assuming having an alternate animation for sprint that uses either the Ninja Run or Beast Run animation since neither can be ran with other travel powers is the intent.

That being said, were the prestige sprints added to the game before animation customization?  I figure rather than having a dozen different versions of sprint, they'd have added Sprint to one of the options to customize.  Would also be great to be able to color those sprints to your liking as well as choosing if you want the jog, slide, ninja or beast running animation.

4 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

Well it does mention "stance" and with context clues, I'm assuming having an alternate animation for sprint that uses either the Ninja Run or Beast Run animation since neither can be ran with other travel powers is the intent.

That being said, were the prestige sprints added to the game before animation customization?  I figure rather than having a dozen different versions of sprint, they'd have added Sprint to one of the options to customize.  Would also be great to be able to color those sprints to your liking as well as choosing if you want the jog, slide, ninja or beast running animation.

Prestige movement was before power customization.

Prestige power slide was the COH Collector's edition, around Issue 3. (Which got me into the game, so...)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

You mean just the animation? Cuz that's an easy yes vote. Now, if you meant the power itself, then, no...

Yeah, just the running on all fours and the idle, hunched over animation. Putting it as an alternate sprint animation also totally works, but I don't know if they could have inherent power customization. 

The jump increase would undermine other travel power selections. I just want the look.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

Yeah, just the running on all fours and the idle, hunched over animation. Putting it as an alternate sprint animation also totally works, but I don't know if they could have inherent power customization. 

The jump increase would undermine other travel power selections. I just want the look.

I yes vote that, for sure.

I do have to ask "why," though, with beast run being free.

I'm not *against* the suggestion, mind you. More customization's good. I'm just curious.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I'm not *against* the suggestion, mind you. More customization's good. I'm just curious.

I'm currently running an Elec/Regen Stalker who needs beast run to fulfill his half human/half cat motif.  Right now, I just run Beast Run all the time unless I fully know I'm about to enter a fight that will drain me, but with the END cost of Beast Run coupled with /regen not having +recovery has required a bit of special build considerations I don't usually make on my other builds.

If Beast Run was at least as cheap as Sprint, that would help.  But if it was a slotable power to make even cheaper, that would be even better.  Mind you, I'm not talking about the movement aspects of Beast Run.  I have no qualms running a Sprint+Combat Jumping+Slotted Hurdle/Sprint character...IF I could also have the animation for Beast Run (on my Elec/Regen stalker) and Ninja Run (on my Kat/SR and TW/WP scrappers).

Likewise, it would be nice if the Ninja Stance animations were decoupled from Ninja Run.  Since Ninja Run and Beast Run are mechanically providing the same Jump and Run buffs, there only needs to be one Travel Power Toggle, and then we could have the animations separate.

Theoretically, anyway.  I've heard the code doesn't allow for the alternative animations to be "loose" like that, though.  Not sure if that's true, given the source.

• Like 2

I vote yes to that and will say that, if the tech somehow exists, that in the future sprint be given the power customization treatment and have Beast run, Ninja run and all the various 'prestige' versions simply selectable from a drop down list. Though I have no idea if this is even possible with sprint since I imagine it's treated more like a perma-temp power than a part of the powers options itself.

Edited by DR_Mechano

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

Beast Run detoggles Combat JUmping, Super Speed and Super Jump. I normally have CJ on in missions and either of the others active outside missions. If it were a sprint option, I could have beast run on all the time. Plus, as Legorunner mentions, it does drain endurance pretty fast. 

14 hours ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

I could agree with this.  Except for the prestige powers, just delete them from the game but whatever floats your boat.

- 2 that sorta look like invulnerable.  They almost look the same.

- 1 that sorta looks like super reflex, don't see the point.

- 1 shit slide, the first one.  I cringe every time I saw people with it.  It was just horrible particle effects with that color.

- 1 Quick type, that looks the nice.

I just stick with good old sprint, looks like a normal person.  On top of beast/ninja, you got a mini-jump/SS power.  Let beast/ninja just use the normal sprint animation with the normal sprint speed added....I would be in heaven.

Gonna have to reroll this low level character, I don't want to see 5 travel powers in my power selection I am barely gonna use.  Would be nice if you could select each from P2W or revoke it instead of getting all of them.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

It's good of you to share that, Saiya; but yeah.  A lot of us playing this MMO really want to engage in the social aspect of sharing our creations with other players.  I understand the usefulness of client-side mods; I have a few which I use as well.  However, only other players with the exact same mods will see what I was "going for" with my costume pieces.  The decoupling of animation from Travel Powers would provide -all- players a shared visual cue to the characters' movement animations.  And that's what motivates players when they make these sorts of suggestions, generally.

39 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

It's good of you to share that, Saiya; but yeah.  A lot of us playing this MMO really want to engage in the social aspect of sharing our creations with other players.  I understand the usefulness of client-side mods; I have a few which I use as well.  However, only other players with the exact same mods will see what I was "going for" with my costume pieces.  The decoupling of animation from Travel Powers would provide -all- players a shared visual cue to the characters' movement animations.  And that's what motivates players when they make these sorts of suggestions, generally.

i totally get that and you are correct however, for now we gotta make do with what we got. I'm not against more options and more animations and more customization. I am all for it.  This is just a temporary fix until the tiny team we have get around to custom animations. 

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?