Praetoria's Son/Daughter Badge

Sakai

So I have finally set upon a badger which turns out to be the Claws/Fire Brute I made when first coming home.  Was my last main so it seemed appropriate that it was my first 50 coming back.

Then I abandoned him.  

Now I have rediscovered him after some time away and love it anew.

Problem is that I didn't start him in Praetoria.  

I understand you can get the Avid Reader badge by talking to Prometheus at 50 but honestly so far that hasn't worked for me.  Is it true and if so what exactly do I need to do?

What about Praetoria's Son/Daughter?  Only if I start there right?

If I can avoid losing all of my character start date and incarnate stuff  I would be happy but would also be fine if I need to start over.

Let me know.

As far as I’m aware, the unique titles for some badges don’t change at all for Praetorians. So I don’t think there’s any way for a Primal Earth character to change their VIP/Destined One badge to Praetoria’s Son, or vice versa. It’s the same badge for collection purposes, but you’re just stuck with the earth-specific names on character creation.

(unless there’s some private server magic that I’m not aware of, anyway)

• Thanks 1

Avid reader: be L50 and have completed an incarnate trial and then keep talking with Prometheus until badge dings

VIP/Destined One/Praetorian Son-Daughter:  If memory serves you must start in Praetoria for that one to be Praetorian titled

• Thanks 2

25 alts with all the badges!

• 11 months later
On 2/21/2020 at 4:43 PM, Sakai said:

Thanks guys. Have decided I really want that badge so off I go to begin anew. At least I have all of my IOs already 🙂

Happy hunting. 

I started as a Praetorian, then you have the problem that you wont be able to get the V.I.P. badge, so as far as I know it is not possible to get 100% completion of the badges no matter where you start, if there is a way I cant find it having looked at dozens of badge guides

2 hours ago, PODSTER56 said:

I started as a Praetorian, then you have the problem that you wont be able to get the V.I.P. badge, so as far as I know it is not possible to get 100% completion of the badges no matter where you start, if there is a way I cant find it having looked at dozens of badge guides

V.I.P is the same badge as Praetoria's Son/ Daughter. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

V.I.P is the same badge as Praetoria's Son/ Daughter. 

In practical terms, you are correct, but as the game sees them, they are two separate badges. In addition to the V.I.P./Destined One/Praetoria's Son/Praetoria's daughter badge, there are 52 other badges, mostly represented by the Primal (hero and villain) and Praetorian achievement badges, that are treated as separate badges by the game (with unique settitle IDs) for Primal and Praetorian characters and are mutually exclusive.

30 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

In practical terms, you are correct, but as the game sees them, they are two separate badges. In addition to the V.I.P./Destined One/Praetoria's Son/Praetoria's daughter badge, there are 52 other badges, mostly represented by the Primal (hero and villain) and Praetorian achievement badges, that are treated as separate badges by the game (with unique settitle IDs) for Primal and Praetorian characters and are mutually exclusive.

Know of any badges that have settitle IDs, but no currently awardable status?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

4 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Know of any badges that have settitle IDs, but no currently awardable status?

There are a handful that I think fit that category. Most of them seem to be as-yet-unused badges related to rejecting an unknown number of inspirations and recipes. You can see them here, with settitle IDs ranging from 2297-2313, or you can sort by the 'Issue' column and look for 'Unused'. These may or may not ever become actual badges. I suspect there may be a few more similar badges. I have personally only 'earned' two of them, and the rest that appear in that list were from data I got from another player.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

There are a handful that I think fit that category. Most of them seem to be as-yet-unused badges related to rejecting an unknown number of inspirations and recipes. You can see them here, with settitle IDs ranging from 2297-2313, or you can sort by the 'Issue' column and look for 'Unused'. These may or may not ever become actual badges. I suspect there may be a few more similar badges. I have personally only 'earned' two of them, and the rest that appear in that list were from data I got from another player.

Thanks, very knowledgeable!

Pocket D Zone Tour