Savage guide

Frosticus

With Savage's DOT, fast recharge and attack speeds, and aoe potential sometimes your build are actually pretty far from 'average' stalker builds... often they are a lot more like scrappers.
if you have some decent IO recharge, hasten becomes a LOT more optional. That lets you do things like auto clickie defenses, heals, or mez protection and you can ditch the speed pool more easily. Taking a moment out of your attack chain to click on something doesn't slow you down as much as other sets, because while you are clicking the mobs are still taking DOT damage.

Shield and willpower are less of a huge advantage than with other sets, (You REALLY don't need shield's teleport, or willpower's clicklessness) and secondaries like EA and such become a lot more useful than with some primaries.

The reality is that savage has not been explored nearly as much as any other stalker. Feel free to try something weird with it... you might find a new synergy that no one else has noticed yet. Obviously there is the 'power synergy' of savage/bio, but something like savage/nin will let you get that coveted teleport other without lowering your DPS, savage/ice is amazing because unlike some stalkers, you LIVE in crowds that energy absorption can turn into defense, You will get a lot more use out of against all odds damage boost, Rad's radiation therapy, Dark's dark regen, and Bio's DNA siphon will often be much more use to you than more single-target oriented stalkers.

Seriously, Savage is the only sttalker I have ever played that can seriously farm if you want to, and my savage/ice has gained nearly 30 vet levels running the same sorts of +4/6 farms that the non-fire farmer brutes run... at the same speed as they do it. Not to mention the sheer fun of ripping your way through a nasty DA or praet crew while your team is still kneeling from the last group. Savage runs more like an aoe scrapper than a stalker much of the time.

I dunno how well savage performs against a Pylon, but that's not savage's focus. It probably performs fairly well, since ripping your way through an AV is not particularly hard.  But on ITF's or MSR's you are out killing teams on the skin while everyone else is in the pit, and you can easily eliminate that crew that's trying to keep you from ripping oopen the grate and clicking on the bomb.

Quite enjoy my Savage/Energy stalker. Hemo from hide is ridiculous, AS nearly always procing hide again is nifty, and quick snipe Zapp is nice for cowards that try to run. The AoE? Quite a lovely surprise. Ball lightning > Savage Leap > Flurry and Shred if you wish, BU everywhere in between. Definitely not what I imagined playing a stalker would be like, feels more like a Blapper or a Shield scrapper jumping around throwing procs and AoE all over the place. Blood Frenzy and Energy Drain to squelch any endurance issues. Making stuff bleed all over and cower. Fun stuff.

Edited by KingofMonkeys

• 2 weeks later

Anyone got experience with savage/SR?  I started a new one tonight and didn't realize I already had one leveled to 21.  The concerns about End in this thread make me wonder if I'll be able to maintain all the toggles.

I'm currently running a Savage/Invuln. It's pretty beasty. I'm considering an electric build too. You can cap pretty much all resist. Not sure how the math works out with slightly lower defenses, but you do have a heal on 30s CD with built in regen and endo management + the extra recharge. I might actually build one on beta before committing to see how it runs. The invulnerability build listed can stand in +4/8 without flinching so long as its not psychic or toxic. Can stand in PI monster Isle and take a beating, only falling to cascading toxic damage. Dull pain is available every 2 minutes and is a nice heal plus bumps you to 2088 HP cap.

Sav/Inv

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Savage Melee
Secondary Power Set: Invulnerability
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(43)
Level 1: Hide -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), Rct-ResDam%(23)
Level 2: Resist Physical Damage -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 6: Assassin's Frenzy -- SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), TchofDth-Dam%(9), GldStr-%Dam(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(23), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(25), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(31), GssSynFr--ToHit(34)
Level 10: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 12: Dull Pain -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Unyielding -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam(36)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Obl-%Dam(21), Obl-Acc/Rchg(37), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 20: Environmental Resistance -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42), ImpArm-ResPsi(42)
Level 22: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25)
Level 26: Hemorrhage -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Hct-Dam%(29), Mk'Bit-Dam%(29), TchofDth-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Reinforced -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dmg(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), Erd-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(42)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Soul Storm -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(48), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(48), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(48)
Level 49: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Pnc-Heal/+End(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
------------

Sav/Elec (Built for Recharge)

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Secondary Power Set: Electric Armor
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(43)
Level 1: Hide -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), Rct-Def(21), Rct-ResDam%(23), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 2: Charged Armor -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(31), RctArm-ResDam(31), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(46)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(43), GifoftheA-Def(50), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 6: Assassin's Frenzy -- SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(9), TchofDth-Dam%(11)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ImpArm-ResPsi(45)
Level 12: Static Shield -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(17)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Grounded -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), Ags-Psi/Status(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Obl-%Dam(21), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(46)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25)
Level 26: Hemorrhage -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(27), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Hct-Dam%(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), TchofDth-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(48), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dmg(33), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Erd-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Power Sink -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Tough -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(42), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(43), RctArm-ResDam(48)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(45), GifoftheA-Def(45), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 49: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Pnc-Heal/+End(5)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

Sav/Elec (More Defense)

Spoiler

Level 50 Science Stalker
Secondary Power Set: Electric Armor
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Hct-Acc/Rchg(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Hct-Dam%(17)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(3), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(3), GifoftheA-Def(5)
Level 2: Charged Armor -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(5), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(7), RctArm-ResDam(43)
Level 4: Shred -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(31)
Level 6: Conductive Shield -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(9), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(11), RctArm-ResDam(43)
Level 8: Assassin's Frenzy -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(34)
Level 10: Static Shield -- EndRdx-I(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(50)
Level 12: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(13)
Level 14: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 16: Grounded -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), Ags-Psi/Status(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(46)
Level 18: Tough -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(19), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(21), RctArm-ResDam(43)
Level 20: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(23), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), GifoftheA-Def(25)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(25), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), GifoftheA-Def(27)
Level 26: Hemorrhage -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(37)
Level 28: Energize -- Mrc-Heal/EndRdx(A), Mrc-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mrc-Heal/Rchg(40), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mrc-Heal(42)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(39)
Level 35: Power Sink -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 44: Savage Strike -- FcsSmt-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg(45), PlvFst-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), PlvFst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(42), Pnc-Heal/+End(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Agility Partial Core Revamp 
------------

Edited by Other Sensor

I am up to level 37 on my Savage / SR.  I am sucking wind, so started building for Endurance for level 38+.  I am using Beast Run and various 7.5% speed boosts for travel, so I am debating about getting rid of CJ, SJ, and Spring Attack.  Also, I am not sure I need Hasten for this build.  I have been running without it to see how it feels and I always have an attack I can use, so I made try a build without it, although it might be hard to find something as useful. 

Anyone used Spring Attack in combination with Savage Leap?  It seems like it could add some AoE carnage.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Cruel Cat: Level 50 Natural Stalker
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(13)
Level 1: Hide -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 2: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 4: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 6: Assassin's Frenzy -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(13)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(37)
Level 10: Agile -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 14: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(15)
Level 16: Practiced Brawler -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(19), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Obl-%Dam(23)
Level 20: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(46), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 26: Hemorrhage -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Hct-Acc/Rchg(27), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Hct-Dam%(29), TchofDth-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- Arm-Dmg(A), Erd-%Dam(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Obl-%Dam(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Superior Conditioning -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(39), PrfShf-End%(42), PrfShf-EndMod(45)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43), NmnCnv-Heal(45), PrfShf-End%(45), PrfShf-EndMod(46)
Level 44: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 47: Spring Attack -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Rchg(48), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(48), FrcFdb-Acc/KB(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 49: Elude -- GifoftheA-Run+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(17), RgnTss-Regen+(37)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40), PwrTrns-+Heal(50)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Vanguard Total Radial Improved Ally
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1614;754;1508;HEX;|
		|78DA7594DB4E13511486F7B453CB94560AA52D500EA51C7A824AD50BCF248298081|
		|82251E3058E036CB071429BB61810BDE0C217F08617F0C48D4FE085FA049EF019D4|
		|443031F146B1AECEBF681B1B2769BEBDD7AC7F9DF69E4EAF8DBB5F5CDC1C158A67C|
		|C340A057DB668987764DE79D928AEE60D53D0A38DE557A5191E338A4EDA75B0873E|
		|2D4D2953B3C65D635962D37DF06A5C2EC99502BD5CCDD1EE8A5C32E59A2C08CF4C3|
		|66BA62632CBB78B999565B7B59B92468E362E6B339B9372B1055ED9FC82D4B34BFA|
		|F58C69B65FC8651652E7B38BEBFAB45128CAFCFA419D6D54519A7E2F63829F9243A|
		|CA96454856D9D790F6CD8005DF741F703704EAB688598B45BB69B645314CBA62A7E|
		|C5B2A9ADE0612F38E803E32DA04E1A3B6BECFF68BCAC6963CD206B76A86E07340EC|
		|75BE43EF48EF91E6CF800BA3E82EE1DF013699DDCB3F3B1CDB2753F017B9F827DCF|
		|C0FEE7CC6DF016D5AA21AFD0F6095DAA50285823CFA1B143587E76B279E0A778828|
		|AE577F828F21B14A389633425CBFE9A78453535734DCDBF90ABE537731F6CFDC32C|
		|81018178F314CFC7F17C07F3A3FC7E9EA99F6D019E691BCF34CA334DF04C03A409A|
		|2065BF007620FEF32F7C0D754673BD7D91E451D1D31661CEC4C30933C5B9DDCA3AA|
		|58A03A435C676818738A50CE2E9E5317CFA29BF98672F570AE9E138815DEB559B30|
		|C6F401FE619F48E32CFC26F917245B8FF08F7DFC7FDF7FDA77F950E60001AFBC01E|
		|EEF8E05730BE85B8438F4027F9C6F8FEC53E2377FC0B98B8A658FD0E5D45DC21D60|
		|EB336483D27F9BE2443D028012152DC6BEA24FC8E9C629E669E01D39BCC87A0A45E|
		|4738DE8886DC21B5F26D963AD59AEF94EFE764A2FA3E51FBBE448F18A9B3A4EB2CC|
		|7EA2CC7EB2C53650B9FB8D050ED8CCA26B2294954A37945F91CAD6ABEB92AFF2042|
		|E15BB257B5D9945E4CCC7B099DF69FC3D7B55BAB8B41F7BD56C7A710E55348FFC4C|
		|9CA68A5C6D28CCBAAD45ACFD5AC8D9AF57CCD7ACA4721589B6CADAE2782D5F50D7F|
		|75BDE5C3BF6E79BD1DA9AEFF02EF3AF812|

8 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

<snippity ...>

Anyone used Spring Attack in combination with Savage Leap?  It seems like it could add some AoE carnage.

<... snip>

I did initially while leveling Svg/Wp on a Brute.  At around 37 or so I respec'd out of it because Leap is easier to use and recharges (with some global recharge and Hasten) fast enough that Spring Attack became extraneous.  Besides, it felt clumsy by comparison. Leap is just "Tab to Target and fire" as opposed to Spring's "Trigger the power and click a spot on the map."  YMMV there, but I found that selecting with the extra mouse click slowed me down considerably.  It might be my perception, but it also seemed that Leap's "Animation/activation" was much, much faster than Spring.

CJ's endurance cost is ultra-low compared to your armor toggles.  I'd keep it just for the mobility in combat and cruising through maps.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

14 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

I did initially while leveling Svg/Wp on a Brute.  At around 37 or so I respec'd out of it because Leap is easier to use and recharges (with some global recharge and Hasten) fast enough that Spring Attack became extraneous.  Besides, it felt clumsy by comparison. Leap is just "Tab to Target and fire" as opposed to Spring's "Trigger the power and click a spot on the map."  YMMV there, but I found that selecting with the extra mouse click slowed me down considerably.  It might be my perception, but it also seemed that Leap's "Animation/activation" was much, much faster than Spring.

CJ's endurance cost is ultra-low compared to your armor toggles.  I'd keep it just for the mobility in combat and cruising through maps.

Thanks for the feedback! 

I really like CJ, but it toggles off Beast Run which is what I am using for my travel power.  I have been toggling CJ and Beast Run when I go in and out of combat, but my defense is now high enough that I often don't bother toggling CJ on, so that is why I was thinking to move out of it.  I will likely keep it, but since it looks like Spring Attack isn't so great I can get rid of Spring Attack and Super Jump and see if I can find something better.

29 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

Thanks for the feedback! 

I really like CJ, but it toggles off Beast Run which is what I am using for my travel power.  I have been toggling CJ and Beast Run when I go in and out of combat, but my defense is now high enough that I often don't bother toggling CJ on, so that is why I was thinking to move out of it.  I will likely keep it, but since it looks like Spring Attack isn't so great I can get rid of Spring Attack and Super Jump and see if I can find something better.

Wait.  You're not leaving Beast Run on during combat are you?  It has a pretty huge endurance cost (~0.46/sec iirc) that you can't reduce with enhancements.  Definitely don't do that.

(EDIT: Just re-read your post, ignore the above, looks like you're doing it right, lol and srry)

CJ for me is as much about mobility as it is anything else - being able to change direction mid-air is something to which I've grown quite accustomed.  Of course it also gives protection from Immobs, but you might have that from /SR's anti-mez shield (not familiar with the set) so it might be redundant.

Looks like Stalkers get Body Mastery as an Epic.  Might be a place to look (Superior Conditioning/Physical Perfection) for a little extra endurance and recovery.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

6 hours ago, Lockpick said:

Level 47: Spring Attack -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Rchg(48), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(48), FrcFdb-Acc/KB(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)

I have used Spring Attack in some builds, and I will say two things:

1) Always have a keybind or macro prepared so that you can trigger it at the location of your target. Then it will need only one click to activate, and you still retain the option of activating it normally. Personally I have Ctrl-W (like SUPER-FORWARD) set for my teleport attacks at a target, and double-left-click for my teleport attacks at a location, and it works very well.

2) Always set Spring Attack with damage procs. Even with high-damage ATs like Stalkers, its base damage isn't that high but it has a 90% chance to proc, so 4 of them are about 240 damage by themselves... use the other 2 slots for damage/recharge or acc/dam/rech and you can push 400 damage. Not great, but it's usable at that level. Going without procs generally ends up with it in the solid 200s, and that's rather... meh.

As a note, the most interesting use I see for it is for a Nin/Kin melee MM build. Using Fulcrum Shift to cap the damage and maxing out on procs, I think its in the high 400s, maybe even 500 damage. With little Recharge slotting, though 😞

20 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I have used Spring Attack in some builds, and I will say two things:

1) Always have a keybind or macro prepared so that you can trigger it at the location of your target. Then it will need only one click to activate, and you still retain the option of activating it normally. Personally I have Ctrl-W (like SUPER-FORWARD) set for my teleport attacks at a target, and double-left-click for my teleport attacks at a location, and it works very well.

2) Always set Spring Attack with damage procs. Even with high-damage ATs like Stalkers, its base damage isn't that high but it has a 90% chance to proc, so 4 of them are about 240 damage by themselves... use the other 2 slots for damage/recharge or acc/dam/rech and you can push 400 damage. Not great, but it's usable at that level. Going without procs generally ends up with it in the solid 200s, and that's rather... meh.

As a note, the most interesting use I see for it is for a Nin/Kin melee MM build. Using Fulcrum Shift to cap the damage and maxing out on procs, I think its in the high 400s, maybe even 500 damage. With little Recharge slotting, though 😞

Ok...was this fixed? I put out a bug update from a bug report last year showing how Spring Attack was not taking enhancements (so damage enhancing and procs would not fire from the Spring Attack pseudopet). If this changed, I must have missed the patch note...which seems like a common theme lately.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Thanks for the post about savage melee, I am enjoying my stalker with this set. That said. One thing that bothers me about the set is savage leap take you out of hide. When I took this power. I thought it would work like lightning rod and not take you out of hide. Maybe the devs can fix that.

Regarding spring attack, I took it for my 49, on my Sav/ice

Reason(s) being, 

- fits the theme well. Savage leap and spring attack make for a good pounce hunter.

-Great panic button. Sav gives you zero knockdown, and generally you don't want to get surrounded and swarmed, but you click icy bastion and energy absorb, you're as tough of a stanker as ever there was. But sometimes you still need a break, so hit spring attack. Put half the crowd on the ground. Some of them won't be getting back up, from all the DOTs you got stacked on them. The rest will get up, but that's time they aren't attacking you, so you can figure out if you wanna jump out of there, or keep swinging, and hope your dps/dot onslaught carries you through.

-I just kept it at one slot. My damage comes from other places, (All the regular stalker attacks) so felt no need to load it up. But a Fury of the Gladiator -res goes in there really well. Doing lethal damage all the time can be a drag, when enemies usually have res to it. Not anymore, they don't. Either leap/strike/max flurry into a group, then spring attack who's left, or spring first, then your strike/flurry, whatever. You cut deeper, and they bleed more.

-Controversial here, because I'm sure if this works as intended, but if you spring attack while hidden, you stay hidden.

...sorta. Spring attack, then try an assassination on an enemy, you'll line up on them, and hit them like you're stealthed. Crit damage and all. Any enemies around will get damaged and knocked, and maybe -res or whatever procs you have on spring, then they'll try and attack you so you're not completely hidden. But by the time they get off the ground, you'll probably land your strike, so they can't interrupt you, or if you don't knock them, they often miss, since you still seem halfway hidden. So you can usually land a stealth strike, and it does extra damage if you have a -res on the spring attack, also whatever incarnate interface effects might have applied. 

It's not my go-to, but it's fun, sometimes, just to mix things up from always pacing off how far to stand, to max out your leap. 

TLDR: I like spring attack. It's fun, and can be useful.

All this talk about Spring Attack, and I'm trying to figure out when in the last 2 months they fixed a bug that existed for 6+ months before then. I must have missed a patch note somewhere.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

All this talk about Spring Attack, and I'm trying to figure out when in the last 2 months they fixed a bug that existed for 6+ months before then. I must have missed a patch note somewhere.

Perhaps this was at the same time they fixed Spring Attack dealing no damage for Sentinels? I think that happened ~3 months ago.

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 12:12 AM, Bopper said:

Sounds like we need to do some testing.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 2:46 PM, Spectre7878 said:

Thanks for the post about savage melee, I am enjoying my stalker with this set. That said. One thing that bothers me about the set is savage leap take you out of hide. When I took this power. I thought it would work like lightning rod and not take you out of hide. Maybe the devs can fix that.

Honestly it has never bothered me on either of the two sav stalkers I've taken to 50. 

Once the attack is slotted up it stands head and shoulders above lightning rod in damage, speed and  cycle time.

As nice as it might be to leap and then hidden hemo, I also think that would be a little too good.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:26 PM, Bopper said:

Ok...was this fixed? I put out a bug update from a bug report last year showing how Spring Attack was not taking enhancements (so damage enhancing and procs would not fire from the Spring Attack pseudopet). If this changed, I must have missed the patch note...which seems like a common theme lately.

Well you can add proc enhancements to the power but the still don't seem to fire. 

I added "Pet Damage Inflicted to the selected Channels" so that I could see the dmg in the chat window. A proc dmg was never listed or shown ingame.

All other procs show up show up eventually but not in Spring Attack like Eradication, Scirocco and Obliteration

On 5/18/2020 at 9:12 AM, Bopper said:

Nope the bug seems still to be ingame.

Thanks for all the responses on Spring Attack.  I decided to go Weaken Resolve and Laser Beam Eyes instead of Super Jump and Spring Attack as Spring Attack is apparently still bugged.  Very fun build and extremely survivable.  I have been doing some Ephram Sha missions at +4/8 to get some XP to boost veteran levels to level incarnates and no issues at all.  SR is just awesome and the AoE damage is very nice.   The endurance issues have mainly gone away due to heavy slotting in Body Mastery and Stamina and when I really need a boost I can pop Ageless.

Thanks Frosticus for creating this guide.  I doubt I would have ever tried Savage without you championing it.

Final Savage / SR Build:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Rude Cat: Level 50 Natural Stalker
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Force of Will

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(13)
Level 1: Hide -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 2: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 4: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 6: Assassin's Frenzy -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(13)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(37)
Level 10: Agile -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 14: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(15)
Level 16: Practiced Brawler -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(19), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Obl-%Dam(23)
Level 20: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 26: Hemorrhage -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dam%(27), TchofDth-Dam%(27), Mk'Bit-Dam%(29), GldStr-%Dam(29), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 28: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- Arm-Dmg(A), Erd-%Dam(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Obl-%Dam(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Superior Conditioning -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(39), PrfShf-End%(42), PrfShf-EndMod(45)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Absorb%(42), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43), NmnCnv-Heal(45), PrfShf-End%(45), PrfShf-EndMod(46)
Level 44: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AchHee-DefDeb(46)
Level 47: Laser Beam Eyes -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dam%(48), Dcm-Build%(48), GldJvl-Dam%(48), ShlBrk-%Dam(50), TchofLadG-%Dam(50)
Level 49: Elude -- GifoftheA-Run+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(17), RgnTss-Regen+(37)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40), PwrTrns-+Heal(46), PwrTrns-EndMod(50)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Vanguard Total Radial Improved Ally
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1613;769;1538;HEX;|
		|78DA75544B4F135114BED34E292D2D144A29945729D096B614AA2EDC28892026028|
		|640D4B8C03AD00B364C68D31603A20BFF821B362E7DB1F1179828EE4D7CE16F3026|
		|3C1213378AF574BE03D3D838C9E43BF7BBE73BAF7B676636265CAFAE3C1A138A7B5|
		|CD78AC5F47C49D35765C17E4D2BAD17345DD0533FB79E91C171AD64A745801DD233|
		|52973239AFDDD35624163D275B137259AE1569733D4FAB39B9ACCB0D5914EED95C4|
		|E4F4E6657EE96B26B2B2E63352DB53C2D9CC6623E2F65A6055EB9C2924CE796D337|
		|B3BADE71399F5D4A5ECA6536D3335AB1240B9B2765B65345297A5F47053F659BD85|
		|08954856593F13EB07E0BE87C00743D042E384EB5424C590DEE36718A6270AAE253|
		|0C4E6D05367A80612F70A80598268D9535D67F341ED6B4B326CC9A3DAADB068DCDF|
		|601B9EB3E327E02D67F063ABF005D7BC0AFA4B573CFF6A71683EB7906EC7B0EEC7F|
		|011C78C9B803BC43B53A9057388E09BA55A150B0069E434340187E56E2DCF053DC7|
		|EC5F06B3C83FC1AC568E2184DF18ABF43BCA59A9AB9A6E65FC8D5F29BF118D8FA87|
		|B10C6C1388B748F1BC1CCF7B323FCAEFE399FA986BE399B6F34C233CD318CFB48D3|
		|47E8EE3FF81D8BB545707D7D511B618B506E2C81F48131D5145D72A7AEE8A42D313|
		|C3FE12D5D5C9F13A87D167887274F35CBAB9F71EC67794AB9773F59E478CE081C59|
		|85D700B3982DC73DF18E305F865285788FB0D71BFFDDC6FFF7FFA5569E083D05807|
		|0F71A7C3DF8143DB889B780CB4936F94EF5BF41B720FED03633714630E89EB889B6|
		|0ED306B8BD4571C7D29F15DE2BCB4F70658477193DC733281F98EA4A01B7982F98E|
		|24902755673566917A8F7D493D8FF2BD1B75A0864EF5F49B2C77A955DF27DFCBA99|
		|8B91FABDE2FD323466B98540D73B6863957C34C57183E79E140B5B32A53C4297154|
		|E3F088CA791AD5EC3B4FFF1C42E1DB72687216A50F53F05C45A70317F1551D54EBA|
		|2D01D999C55E1D388F0690CFFC409A78E8032624E64D669546CD80B55B656652F56|
		|D9D35E0A813CE578AB694FFA4DFB96CFB4B7BDF8EB56EC9D9069FF051FE4F8A5|

• 6 months later
On 12/15/2020 at 1:05 PM, carroto said:

I haven't confirmed it but according to this comment on the beta forums, now that i27 is live I guess hemorrhage does up-front crit damage instead of DoT crits now.  So just a small update to this helpful guide.

I haven't tested it on live yet, but in the beta this new version is a massive nerf to hemo for stalkers. Warranted or otherwise.

In the beta it was underperforming what it "should" be doing with blood stacks, but I don't think it was ever addressed.

I'd be leary of rolling savage melee if you are hoping for strong st damage at this point, but the aoe is still extraordinary. 

19 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

it was underperforming what it "should" be doing with blood stacks

This is somewhat conditional. They basically set the critical hit to the equivalent of between 3 and 4 blood stacks. At 3 blood stacks, you would do 2.5856 scale damage, and at 4 blood stacks would do 2.6508 scale damage (after the ticks play out). 

I'm not sure how they came up with 2.6 scale for its damage, but I have a theory.

At non-max stacks, you do 5 ticks of 0.326 scale damage. Assuming no blood stacks buff, that would do 2.39 scale damage. At max stacks, you do 6 ticks of 0.343 scale damage. Assuming no blood stacks buff (silly, since we already said "at max stacks", but bear with me), the damage would be 2.818 scale damage. If you average those two numbers, it is 2.604 scale damage. Pretty close.

Here is a breakdown of the damage in issue 27 compared with the bugged issue 26 version. The cells that are black/white are individual breakdowns of the damage. There is the up-front 0.76 scale damage, then DoTs (5 or 6 ticks). Notice in issue 26 there were two DoTs, now there is only one. This breakdown is for PvE only. If I showed what PvP was doing, it would also show brokenness, but in an unfavorable direction (no DoTs). Finally, not shown, but the Issue 26 non-hide crit is shown below as scaled damage, but it also subtracted 0.76 non-scaled damage from the end result. This is a weird one, as it was a damage offset that used no AT modifier tables and not enhanceable. If your Crit was supposed to do 100 damage, you'd see 99.24, if it was supposed to do 200 damage, you'd see 199.24. Bonkers.

Issue 26 attack from hide (Chance = 100%) Stacks Tot Base DMG Crit DMG Std Big DoT Small DoT Crit Std Crit DoT1 Crit DoT2
0 7.528 3.08 4.448 0.76 1.63 0.69 0.76 1.63 2.058
1 7.76832 3.1728 4.59552 0.76 1.6952 0.7176 0.76 1.6952 2.14032
2 8.00864 3.2656 4.74304 0.76 1.7604 0.7452 0.76 1.7604 2.22264
3 8.24896 3.3584 4.89056 0.76 1.8256 0.7728 0.76 1.8256 2.30496
4 8.48928 3.4512 5.03808 0.76 1.8908 0.8004 0.76 1.8908 2.38728
5 9.4592 4.2736 5.1856 0.76 2.4696 1.044 0.76 1.956 2.4696

Issue 26 attack from not-hide (Chance = 100%, yes…a 100% but the damage is equivalent to 1 tick) Stacks Tot Base DMG Crit DMG Std Big DoT Small DoT Crit    
0 3.406 3.08 0.326 0.76 1.63 0.69 0.326    
1 3.51184 3.1728 0.33904 0.76 1.6952 0.7176 0.33904    
2 3.61768 3.2656 0.35208 0.76 1.7604 0.7452 0.35208    
3 3.72352 3.3584 0.36512 0.76 1.8256 0.7728 0.36512    
4 3.82936 3.4512 0.37816 0.76 1.8908 0.8004 0.37816    
5 4.6648 4.2736 0.3912 0.76 2.4696 1.044 0.3912    

Issue 27 crit from either hide or non-hide (Chance = 100% from hide, Chance = 10+% from non-hide Stacks Tot Base DMG Crit DMG Std DoT Crit      
0 4.99 2.39 2.6 0.76 1.63 2.6      
1 5.0552 2.4552 2.6 0.76 1.6952 2.6      
2 5.1204 2.5204 2.6 0.76 1.7604 2.6      
3 5.1856 2.5856 2.6 0.76 1.8256 2.6      
4 5.2508 2.6508 2.6 0.76 1.8908 2.6      
5 5.8296 3.2296 2.6 0.76 2.4696 2.6      
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

Here is a breakdown of the damage in issue 27 compared with the bugged issue 26 version.

Thanks for that.  I didn't realize it got such a huge reduction.  Whether or not it is now in the "balanced" range, I think that's enough to warrant shelving my current project.  There were a number of less-than-ideal things about the set, but the damage from hemo pushed it over the top into the worthwhile range.  That's why I decided to roll one up.  Now I think the balance has shifted back the other way.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

4 hours ago, Bopper said:

I'm not sure how they came up with 2.6 scale for its damage, but I have a theory.

I'm not sure I'm following. 

a 14 sec recharge attack should be 2.6 scale should it not?

As you indicated the base damage is scale 2.39. Does any other set have reduced damage in contradiction to the damage formula because they can leverage a combo system? I haven't looked that closely.

Just as on test I'm of the opinion that the blood system isn't good enough to warrant any reductions to base damage from the damage formula, but here we are.

Like you say, I guess they assumed players average out 3 stacks of blood during play. I've played a lot of savage on stalkers and I'm not sure that really applies to them. As I demonstrated in the savage guide they go from 0-5 really easily and consistently. However If you can ride  3-4 stacks somehow I guess it still performs pretty well if you are ok with dot damage, no mitigation and all lethal. 

42 minutes ago, carroto said:

Thanks for that.  I didn't realize it got such a huge reduction.  Whether or not it is now in the "balanced" range, I think that's enough to warrant shelving my current project.  There were a number of less-than-ideal things about the set, but the damage from hemo pushed it over the top into the worthwhile range.  That's why I decided to roll one up.  Now I think the balance has shifted back the other way.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Proc'd savage leap is reason enough to enjoy the set (imo). At least until that is revisited. That said, I think I'd lean toward a savage tank these days. Something like a rad/sav could put out a lot of aoe damage and they are in less of a hurry to drop enemies.  Note* I'm not sure how rending flurry works on tankers - whether it was excluded from the aoe size increase because 5 blood stacks increase it's size already. If it is anything like on doms, I'd guess it is not in favor of savage.