Help with WS mini build

Wolfboy1

So after leveling with a few teams and getting to lvl 31 on my WS I am now wanting to go bi-form.  Problem is I have no idea how to build him currently so that he actually is survivable outside a team.  The thing that I would like is the Dark Dwarf power.  I dont want to do Dark Nova and as I am only lvl 31 cannot do endgame builds just yet.  Eventually I am going to turn him into a HF WS but leveling wise I would like to go with Bi-form (dwarf).

So can anyone suggest a good lvl 31 build utilizing Dwarf? 

Edited by Wolfboy1

Hi!  I just respecced into exactly this.  Was mulliing over posting it, but I think I've it worked out enough to be of use to you.

This is what I'm actually playing right now, so I can assure you it kicks ass.  It has you with 32% Melee Defense, meaning one single small Luck inspiration will softcap your Defense.

I was thinking of going Human only, too.  After playing this build I have decided not to; this will exemplar way better because you have Black Dwarf, and it does everything I wanted Human Form to do anyways.  I have found I would gain almost nothing going Human only and would lose out on having a maxed Dwarf.

How I farm Smashing/Lethal Farms solo on +2/x8 with Bosses off:

1) Turn on shields, Combat Jumping, Inky Aspect, and Orbiting Death

2) Jump into the middle of a pack > Eclipse > Sunless Mire > Quasar

3) Shift to Black Dwarf > Black Dwarf Mire > Void Judgement (Incarnates work in Dwarf or Nova form!)

4) Kill any strays in Dwarf; Black Dwarf Mire self-buffs if you always fire it ASAP for serious AoE damage

5) Shift to Human > Stygian Circle > go back to Step 1 (can skip to Step 2 if you're confident or pop a Luck or two)

I don't bother with Essences when I solo farm as they draw aggro and die way too fast; they're epic on teams, though.  Bosses On wasn't worth the time it took to kill them; you're better off annihilating Minions and Lts. at fast speeds than fighting farms with Bosses.

When teaming, you can stay Human and have Eclipse up whenever needed, Clarion for mez protection, and can keep two Extracted Essences raining death at all times (with brief periods of 3 Essences).  You also have Dwarf to switch to and pull aggro if your Tanks/Brutes miss a few.  Don't forget that Shadow Bolt works in Dwarf and will taunt what you hit with it.  Very handy to hold stray Boss/AV aggro.

Key things to note:  The list below does not show it, but you want to Boost all Purple IOs (but not the purple procs) to 50+5.  You also Boost to 50+5 all the Common IOs and the one of a set IOs that give you no special bonus (ex: the two Acc/Rech in Eclipse).  There are a few exceptions: Steadfast, Gladiator's Armor, Luck of the Gamblers, Winter's Gift, etc can all be left as is.  Basically if the IOs special effect is what is desired, you don't need to Boost it.

This is how I was able to use Spiritual Core Paragon and get Perma-Eclipse without Hasten (Spiritual Radial Paragon is also amazing and gets really close with .99 seconds downtime).  I prefer to leave Clarion as my auto-fire power.  This is also how you can get decent Accuracy, some End Reduction, and max Damage with only three slots on Dwarf attacks and Shadow Bolt.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Sable Shrike: Level 50 Science Warshade
Primary Power Set: Umbral Blast
Secondary Power Set: Umbral Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), Dmg-I:50(50)
Level 1: Absorption -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(3)
Level 2: Gravity Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(13), UnbGrd-ResDam:50(15)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 6: Shadow Blast -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg:50(9), Apc-Dmg/Rchg:50(9), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(11), Apc-Dam%:50(11), SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(13)
Level 8: Super Jump -- UnbLea-Stlth:50(A)
Level 10: Penumbral Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(15), UnbGrd-ResDam:50(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(48)
Level 12: Sunless Mire -- SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), SprEssTrn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(17), SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg:50(19), SprEssTrn-Rchg/Global Heal:50(21), SprEssTrn-Dmg/Rchg:50(46)
Level 14: Shadow Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 16: Twilight Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(21), UnbGrd-ResDam:50(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(48)
Level 18: Gravity Well -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Hct-Acc/Rchg:50(23), Hct-Dmg/Rchg:50(25), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx:50(25), Hct-Dam%:50(27), UnbCns-Hold:50(27)
Level 20: Black Dwarf -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(29), UnbGrd-ResDam:50(29), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(31)
Level 22: Stygian Circle -- EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx:50(A)
Level 24: Orbiting Death -- Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(45), Obl-Acc/Rchg:50(45), Obl-Dmg/Rchg:50(45), Obl-Dmg:50(46), Obl-%Dam:50(50)
Level 26: Gravitic Emanation -- Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg:50(A), Stp-Acc/Rchg:50(33), Stp-Acc/EndRdx:50(33), Stp-Stun/Rng:50(33), Stp-EndRdx/Stun:50(34), SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(34)
Level 28: Inky Aspect -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 30: Shadow Slip -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 32: Dark Extraction -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(34), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), SlbAll-Build%:50(37)
Level 35: Quasar -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(37), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(39), Arm-Dam%:50(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(39)
Level 38: Eclipse -- PrfShf-Acc/Rchg:50(A), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg:50(40), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(42), UnbGrd-ResDam:50(42)
Level 41: Stygian Return -- Prv-Absorb%:50(A)
Level 44: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 47: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 49: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Dark Sustenance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Shadow Step -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Jnt-EndRdx/Rng:50(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(46)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Antagonize -- MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg:50(A)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Drain -- TchoftheN-Acc/Heal:50(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen:50(5), TchoftheN-%Dam:50(5), TchoftheN-Heal:50(50)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Mire -- SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg:50(7), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(7), SprKhlGrc-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprKhlGrc-Rchg/FormBuff:50(31)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Smite -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:50(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), Dmg-I:50(43)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Step -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(A)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:50(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(43), Dmg-I:50(43)
Level 50: Spiritual Radial Paragon 
------------
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 27.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 27.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 27.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 27.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 27.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 27.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 27.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 27.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 30.38% Defense(Melee)
  • 18.19% Defense(Smashing)
  • 18.19% Defense(Lethal)
  • 6% Defense(Fire)
  • 6% Defense(Cold)
  • 8.5% Defense(Energy)
  • 8.5% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 11% Defense(Ranged)
  • 6% Defense(AoE)
  • -2.55 Enhancement(Knockback)
  • 3% Enhancement(Stunned)
  • 12.5% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 5% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 63% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 105% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 7.5% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 211.5 HP (19.75%) HitPoints
  • 7.5% JumpHeight
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 60%
  • MezResist(Held) 60%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 60%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 60%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 60%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 60%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 12.5% (0.21 End/sec) Recovery
  • 48% (2.14 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 20% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 20% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 20% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 16.25% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 16.25% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 17% Resistance(Fire)
  • 17% Resistance(Cold)
  • 17.75% Resistance(Energy)
  • 17.75% Resistance(Negative)
  • 5% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 5% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 7.5% SpeedRunning

"Kill your masters." ~ Run The Jewels

Edited by SableShrike

5 hours ago, nicoliy said:

What kind of budget are you looking at? I start my IO builds early, but I have plenty of funds.

If you are on a Common IO budget it will significantly change what you can do.

My budget is...a little bit above a Common IO budget I think.  HOWEVER, keep in mind that right now I dont need something that is too expensive but as to your doing IO builds early its never to soon to start thinking about them.  Right now I just am looking for something that is at my current level and a guide on what powers I should be taking now, and how to start slotting them.  I guess the powers that must be in the lvl 31 build are Dark Dwarf, Gravity Well, Starless Step (i think thats the enemy teleport option) and any shields I might need for surviving in Human form a bit more.  If I can start on the IO builds early though then sure!

I wouldn't use the shields in human form. Dwarf is just better. Likely, as bi-form at that level, you will mostly be in dwarf. Human is going to be for you to buff in via sunless mire, then dwarf mire and you can do decent enough dps in dwarf. If you are not at risk of Mez, I'd drop into human to pop off gravity well and use circle as needed. Finally, I think nebulous form is the phase ability, it makes for a great either oh crap button, or a phase to herd everything to you.

The shields would be good for mules. As well, my other power picks would be for muling LotG if you have some money. Things like Maneuvers, Vengence, Grant invis, etc.

17 minutes ago, nicoliy said:

I wouldn't use the shields in human form. Dwarf is just better. Likely, as bi-form at that level, you will mostly be in dwarf. Human is going to be for you to buff in via sunless mire, then dwarf mire and you can do decent enough dps in dwarf. If you are not at risk of Mez, I'd drop into human to pop off gravity well and use circle as needed. Finally, I think nebulous form is the phase ability, it makes for a great either oh crap button, or a phase to herd everything to you.

The shields would be good for mules. As well, my other power picks would be for muling LotG if you have some money. Things like Maneuvers, Vengence, Grant invis, etc.

ahh see that is the exact opposite of what I would want to do.  I plan to be in my human form for the most part and only go into Dwarf form as a "oh crap" moment.  I do not want to spend most of my time in dwarf form.

Wolf, all ya need is 14 slots for Dwarf.

I’d recommend ya do something for it like the build I posted above.  Ignore the enhancements I slotted there; the number of slots on each power is what’s important.  This was the minimal slotting I could get away with for damage.  You can try and add some set IOs later.

With common IOs:

Black Dwarf:  1 End Redux, 3 Resist Damage

Dwarf Strike: 1 Acc, 2 Dam

Dwarf Smite: 1 Acc, 2 Dam

Dwarf Drain: 1 Acc, 2 Heal, 1 End Redux

Dwarf Mire: 1 Acc, 2 Dam, 1 Recharge, 1 End Redux

I’d recommend slotting Dwarf fully and then going back to slot Human.  There is a bunch of stuff at low level Human cannot do that a Dwarf can.  If you wanna solo easily it’s thus better to slot Dwarf first.

3 minutes ago, SableShrike said:

Wolf, all ya need is 14 slots for Dwarf.

I’d recommend ya do something for it like the build I posted above.  Ignore the enhancements I slotted there; the number of slots on each power is what’s important.  This was the minimal slotting I could get away with for damage.  You can try and add some set IOs later.

With common IOs:

Black Dwarf:  1 End Redux, 3 Resist Damage

Dwarf Strike: 1 Acc, 2 Dam

Dwarf Smite: 1 Acc, 2 Dam

Dwarf Drain: 1 Acc, 2 Heal, 1 End Redux

Dwarf Mire: 1 Acc, 2 Dam, 1 Recharge, 1 End Redux

I’d recommend slotting Dwarf fully and then going back to slot Human.  There is a bunch of stuff at low level Human cannot do that a Dwarf can.  If you wanna solo easily it’s thus better to slot Dwarf first.

Sable,

Yeah, I think you might be correct in this.  I think I will do exactly that.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:19 PM, SableShrike said:

No worries, man!  Best of luck with it!

It took me ages to get a Warshade to 50 on Live; it’s much more enjoyable on Homecoming.

Hey Sable, what would you suggest to place instead of the purples (im not THAT rich) sets you have in the various powers?