Nemesis Vengeance shouldn't stack.

Greever

On 2/22/2020 at 11:12 AM, SwitchFade said:

Sorry, no vote, leave Nems as is.

The game is face-rolly enough, no need to make every group family/warrior omgroflecopter easy.

Nems get veng, Malta resist and suck end, rikti mez, carnies... Just suck, but that's good... Longbow wreck you, KoA slow, arachnid just blind the holy fuxorsauce out of you and mindmash...

So on. Tactics (literally and figuratively), yellow candy, lower diff, recruit help...

It's all a Nemesis plot.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a change for Carnies so I'm not going up to get a drink everytime an illusionist goes ethereal.

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

That all sounds like very valid advice @Outrider_01, but I don't think dropping the difficulty would do much to cancel out 3 to 6 stacks of 15%-20% defense (not quite sure the exact numbers on Nemesis Vengeance, so going off player values).

Regardless, my point isn't to make Nemesis easier to fight. My point is to make it less frustrating by minimizing/removing a mechanic that provides punishing difficulty rather than engaging difficulty. Yes, you can tactically eliminate a spawn in the "correct" order to keep it from triggering. But you can't control the other one to seven players on your team.

One person messing up and making a fight harder is one thing, one person messing up and potentially making it impossible feels like bullshit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

You remember it did or did not phase?

On Homecoming, I've noticed if I get an Illusionist in a Hold/Disorient/Sleep, they will stay that way (and un-phased) at least for the duration of the mez effect.  I remember that not being the case on the old servers, and that they could phase even if in a Hold at one point, but I am not sure if that was something which changed in the later days of the original servers, or changed by something the HC or SCoRE team did.

22 hours ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

I'm fine with it stacking, but if the leader is held/stunned the vengeance shouldn't activate. We need to reward control more in this game. Stuff like veng and carnies phasing while held pisses me off and just reinforces city of AE damage as the only thing that matters.

This.

Absolutely.

If they are not actually held that's a different story.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Are we going to see a thread for each enemy group mechanic someone finds troubling? ..well okay, that's probably going to happen.

To each we will likely see repeated many ways and many times:

"It is working as intended."

AND

"There are already in-game solutions to deal with it. (usually multiple)"

There should be appreciation that the game encourages some tactics but does not demand them.

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, HelBlaiz said:

My point is to make it less frustrating by minimizing/removing a mechanic that provides punishing difficulty rather than engaging difficulty. Yes, you can tactically eliminate a spawn in the "correct" order to keep it from triggering.

Well, people have gotten used to easy mode, they need a challenge instead faceroll on AFK mode.  Best approach is to Gibson Head Slap and face the challenge head on.

Counter proposal to stacking issue

1. Change buff to an NPC special ability, not a copy
  2. reduce the +def, still stacks 
  3. Shorten the duration, slows down group without the frustation
  4. Really reduce the diameter when it drops, forgot the superman mode when you buff an entire room....el3\/entibiLL0n × infinity

Problem to not stacking, completely does nothing with incarnate abilities and the amount of +tohit/accuracy.

hours ago, HelBlaiz said:

one person messing up and potentially making it impossible feels like bullshit

You can't fix stupid.  The new "meta" of dumb down games just leads to the lowest common denominator.  My biggest beef with F2P games is the lack of challenge, starts to feel like a child playing in a ball pit and easy to lose interest.

Best option is to change the buff like I suggested, any type of change if not mine instead of a single crappy cast of Veng you are going to steamroll through anyway.

Edited by Outrider_01
  • Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 1 year later

I never ever gone to the forums and demanded that critters be debuffed.  

I just buffed my characters and tactics and those of my friends or SG mates, or helped PuGs to learn how to deal with them 

I love a challenge but I love it even more when I can meet it and beat it

Nemesis... bring them on; they can stack whatever they want.  They are dead meat. 

I was playing the game for 7 years, and even long before IOs came out, we never ever called upon the Devs to nerf the Nemesis groups, NEVER EVER. 

Now with IOs and and now with incarnates we going to call for a nerf ?

Please, let me clean the water I spit out from laughing 

When we only had single origin IOs on our characters we were still handing Nemesis their asses 

Now we going to cry , now that we have IOs ????

Edited by Voltak

I don’t play against the nemesis enough to really, it is annoying but for the most part a big map missions with them aren’t defeat all’s. 

i’m a little fuzzy on this, but I know we used to do it on live. We used all huddle up and to around a stiff and stack vengeance. Was that changed in the paper side? Equity would be nice, but making the game too easy probably isn’t the best thing. If you are playing +4/8, or any difficulty really where this is hard or Uber annoying maybe invite a buffer along.  I’m sure since IO’s and incarnates some old school buffing sets could use the work.

Edited by Incursion

On 2/22/2020 at 11:12 AM, SwitchFade said:

Sorry, no vote, leave Nems as is.

The game is face-rolly enough, no need to make every group family/warrior omgroflecopter easy.

Nems get veng, Malta resist and suck end, rikti mez, carnies... Just suck, but that's good... Longbow wreck you, KoA slow, arachnid just blind the holy fuxorsauce out of you and mindmash...

So on. Tactics (literally and figuratively), yellow candy, lower diff, recruit help...

It's all a Nemesis plot.

Agreed. Folks have been asking for some aspects of the game to be made harder. I always push back that those things should be in more difficulty options.

On the flip side no more things should be dumbed down. You can reduce your difficulty if dealing with their stacking venge is an issue.

• Like 2