Unlock Epic ATs for Praetoria?

wackodraco

I believe that a good number of players would enjoy the option of starting a Kheldian or Arachnos Agent in the Going Rogue storyline. In the case of Kheldians, the higher difficulty of NPC factions in Praetoria suggests that Void/Quantum spawns may not be necessary for balance.

I, for one, would enjoy Incandescent Striking Reese.

Edited by wackodraco

20 minutes ago, wackodraco said:

I, for one, would enjoy Incandescent Striking Reese.

Pillar of Ice and Flame Flashback will let you do that already ... you just can't do it by starting in Praetoria.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Mechanically, I see no obstacle.  It's just a "how much do you care about lore" thing.

Kheldians, maybe, I mean, it's a parallel universe pretty close to our own, maybe they have Khelds, too.  Wouldn't even have to be any formal first-contact with Khelds as a people offering any kind of alliance to Cole or DeVore.  It could be just a few Kheld scouts seeing what's up on this strange blue-green rock orbiting this yellow star.  They would not have to commit to Praetorian-Dimension Khelds being nice. There could be hints they may be scouting for a possible invasion of their own, or Nictus looking too see how they can use the Hamidon for their own ends.  

VEAT's though.... Soldier's and Widow's... are kinda.... all about Arachnos. Which has the slight problem of one Stephan Richter being murdalized by one Marcus Cole.  I see *no way* you could do a VEAT as an actual praetorian native.  It would be far more plausible to do something where the VEAT wanted out from under Recluse's thumb.... maybe a Widow saw a more senior Fortunata being turned into a Tarantula Queen and freaked and said "Oh hell no, you ain't doing that to me" and took the nearest portal out of dodge.  Maybe a Wolf Spider did the same thing to break free of the telepathic net.  But it's far easier to see that works as a character who is native to primal earth, and then fleeing to praetoria.

10 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Mechanically, I see no obstacle.  It's just a "how much do you care about lore" thing.

Kheldians, maybe, I mean, it's a parallel universe pretty close to our own, maybe they have Khelds, too.  Wouldn't even have to be any formal first-contact with Khelds as a people offering any kind of alliance to Cole or DeVore.  It could be just a few Kheld scouts seeing what's up on this strange blue-green rock orbiting this yellow star.  They would not have to commit to Praetorian-Dimension Khelds being nice. There could be hints they may be scouting for a possible invasion of their own, or Nictus looking too see how they can use the Hamidon for their own ends.  

HC has already "broadened" the Kheldian lore a bit anyway by expanding the origins that can be used with them (same with VEATs, granted).

And honestly, it always seemed kinda weird that Kheldians were missing from Praetoria when they'd been around in Primal Earth for hundreds if not thousands of years.  Did Cole just tell 'em all to bugger off when he took over?

On 2/22/2020 at 2:08 PM, MTeague said:

VEAT's though.... Soldier's and Widow's... are kinda.... all about Arachnos. Which has the slight problem of one Stephan Richter being murdalized by one Marcus Cole.  I see *no way* you could do a VEAT as an actual praetorian native.  It would be far more plausible to do something where the VEAT wanted out from under Recluse's thumb.... maybe a Widow saw a more senior Fortunata being turned into a Tarantula Queen and freaked and said "Oh hell no, you ain't doing that to me" and took the nearest portal out of dodge.  Maybe a Wolf Spider did the same thing to break free of the telepathic net.  But it's far easier to see that works as a character who is native to primal earth, and then fleeing to praetoria.

You touch on something I have often pondered. The Path of the Dark makes it clear nictus have been on earth for several thousand years. There is no reason they should not be able to possess DE creatures the same as any other life form. So where are they in the praetorian earth? The world so closely mirrors our own prime earth that its hard to imagine khelds never made it there.

I was recently talking with a few friends in game about praetoria and how it could draw in more players to start there, and we thought maybe some low lvl TFs there at the same range of posi, and synapse would be cool things to add. Maybe they could reuse some cool underground maps and do a praetorian tf where we learn that there is like a growing corruption in the hamidon ranks of nictus infused DE monsters. Id love to see something fun and different using like the eden trial under ground caverns.

After all Hamidon and the DE are not really evil so much as a different form of live now competing to be dominant. Maybe there could be a TF where we make peace with the praetorian hamidon and find a way to finally end our worlds hamidon threat by transporting our hami to that world to give them both an actual companion.

Because what I want more then any other content, is content that moves the game timeline forward, and part of taht should be phasing out old threats like Hamidon. Considering it has to be an us or the DE genocidal war with only one side surviving. I find it hard to imagine our world wouldnt throw everything at it at once from every faction to keep our world in the hands or sentient humanoids.

• Like 2

Are Kheldians mentioned at all in Praetoria? Perhaps they never showed up here, the Hamidon ate them, or Cole super-annihilated them.

Considering how the Rikti's Battalion was vastly different than ours is according to the AMA, perhaps events with the Kheldians transpired differently, and they just never showed up on Praetorian-earth.

5 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Its even easier than that .. maybe .. shortly before the Goldside tutorial ...

The Kheldian / Arachnos peep ... took the portal to Praetoria ..

Sure. They could have pulled a Maelstrom and been born on primal earth but pledged loyalty to Cole (or mouthed the words just long enough to be accepted...).

Seems somewhat unlikely they'd treat you like any other Powers Division conscriptee, but who says they are?  They could be having you followed/tracked without you knowing it.

3 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Sure. They could have pulled a Maelstrom and been born on primal earth but pledged loyalty to Cole (or mouthed the words just long enough to be accepted...).

Seems somewhat unlikely they'd treat you like any other Powers Division conscriptee, but who says they are?  They could be having you followed/tracked without you knowing it.

Since everyone has a double, maybe mistaken identity.  

10 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

You touch on something I have often pondered. The Path of the Dark makes it clear nictus have been on earth for several thousand years. There is no reason they should not be able to possess DE creatures the same as any other life form.

Perhaps Hamidon's link with/connection to the individual DE creatures is so strong that no outside influence can usurp his control beyond the few seconds that a direct control power applied externally can, even if said influence is directly inhabiting said DE creature's body, or maybe Kheldians need a non-plant/non-crystalline body, (though that would still permit the lesser devoured)...