Announcement regarding the daily Hamidon raids

Veracor

10 hours ago, Veracor said:

2. Lately we've been short on melee DPS, which is kind of odd.  There's usually 5-8 tanks as the next least popular role.  There's a ton of ranged DPS every raid, but we don't turn anyone down for their AT.

Conveniently, my scrapper is my only 50 so far so that's who I would be bringing at first.

I'm also bringing up a tank, controller and corrupter.

Thank you very much for the information.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I have another question.  So far, I've been taking the merit reward once and the HO once from the two raids.  (I have many Emp merits.)

On the second run, the reward merits are still an option.  What is the diminishing return rate on the reward merits?  Is it cut in half?

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

It is 40 after the first time. Given there's only 2 hamis in any given day besides the weekend, you get 80+40. Unless all you take is the reward merits. I think it eventually diminishes lower

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

You can take the 4 Empyrean Merits and 1 Hamidon Enhancement rewards once per 20 hours.  For Reward Merits, it is 80 the first time, then halved for each time you take it within the same 20 hour timer.  Most people bring different characters to the 7pm and 10pm raids to avoid this.

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

12 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

It is 40 after the first time. Given there's only 2 hamis in any given day besides the weekend, you get 80+40. Unless all you take is the reward merits. I think it eventually diminishes lower

Okay, seems to follow the same scheduled as task forces - halving each time.

Maybe I'll start taking the emp merits.  I just got the second Cytoskeleton Exposure my invuln tank needed.

On 3/17/2020 at 7:17 PM, Ironblade said:

Okay, seems to follow the same scheduled as task forces - halving each time.

Maybe I'll start taking the emp merits.  I just got the second Cytoskeleton Exposure my invuln tank needed.

Note on emp merits: 4 emp merits can be converted into 40 reward merits, but not the other way around, so it always makes more sense to take reward and emp merits than to take reward merits twice.

• 4 weeks later
On 3/23/2020 at 1:04 PM, Elmyder said:

Note on emp merits: 4 emp merits can be converted into 40 reward merits, but not the other way around, so it always makes more sense to take reward and emp merits than to take reward merits twice.

Thank you for this note.  I am never sure what to take and have just been doing the 80 and 40.  Are Hami-Os no longer profitable? I thought when I first started joining the raids that Hami-Os were the recommendation?

15 hours ago, Lockpick said:

Are Hami-Os no longer profitable? I thought when I first started joining the raids that Hami-Os were the recommendation?

HO's are a total crap shoot.  If you get a Golgi (heal/end), it's worth like 5,000 inf.  On the other hand, I often take the HO because I'm looking for Cytoskeletons (to hit buff / def buff / end red), which are pretty valuable for my invuln tanks.