Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

• Confused 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

10 hours ago, Display Name said:

I'm pretty sure I've completed five runs of one side.  Am I missing something?

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/moral-high-ground

This badge requires you to complete a Single Player Moral Choice story arc from the Praetorian arcs 5 times, and choose either Loyalist or Resistance. It doesn't actually matter what option you choose, I just tested it and got the badge for choosing nothing but Loyalist. You can get it from repeating the same mission through Ouro over and over, it doesn't have to be different missions. Just make sure the mission is complete before moving on (if you have to drop the mission, it's not finished yet).

The missions in Ouro will look something like this (this is the one I used for my test just now). Note the yellow text at the bottom. These "arcs" are generally 1 mission long and very quick. You don't actually need to complete any of the arcs leading up to the moral choice mission.

Capture.PNG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wow!  I was wayyyy off!  I wasn't even on moral missions!?  Thanks!

Hmmm...  Loyalists or Resistance?  They both seem pretty shady, to me!  The Protest zone event in Nova Praetoria is a peaceful protest from the Resistance and I always side with them.  The Great Escape zone event in Neutropolis has the Resistance constructing monsters out of who-knows-what and I always choose Loyalists there!

Edit: WOW!  I played the mission you presented above, but embarrassing what's-his-punk once was more than enough of him for me!  So I jumped down to "Destroy or not Destroy..." because the title just SCREAMED "moral mission."  Yay!  Now I'm starting to get into the BIG LEAGUE!  Praetor White doesn't remember me of course, because I'm in Flashback.  But I remember when he lay at my feet!  I really enjoy time travel!  Despite the costs...

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

2 hours ago, Display Name said:

Loyalists or Resistance?  They both seem pretty shady, to me!

That's because Praetoria isn't organized along the Good vs Evil axis like Paragon City and the Rogue Isles are.

Praetoria is organized on a Law versus Chaos axis ... with the Loyalists being the Lawful alignment, and the Resistance being the disruptive Chaos alignment.  This means that Loyalists and Resistance can be both good AND evil (simultaneously sometimes!) without having a contradiction in their motivations or perspectives.  Good and Evil are simply means towards their respective ends of either Law or Chaos.

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

15 hours ago, Display Name said:

Hmmm...  Loyalists or Resistance?  They both seem pretty shady, to me!  The Protest zone event in Nova Praetoria is a peaceful protest from the Resistance and I always side with them.  The Great Escape zone event in Neutropolis has the Resistance constructing monsters out of who-knows-what and I always choose Loyalists there!

Loyalists and the Resistance each have a shady and a non-shady faction. From an alignment perspective, Resistance Wardens are basically heroes,  Loyalist Responsibility is like playing a vigilante, Loyalist Power is like playing a rogue, and Resistance Crusaders are basically villains.

1 hour ago, Ulysses Dare said:

Loyalists and the Resistance each have a shady and a non-shady faction. From an alignment perspective, Resistance Wardens are basically heroes,  Loyalist Responsibility is like playing a vigilante, Loyalist Power is like playing a rogue, and Resistance Crusaders are basically villains.

I'd actually disagree on the Wardens and Responsibility placement there. The Wardens are doing the right thing but breaking the law to do it, which just screams vigilante. The Responsibility path has you following the law and maintaining the order of society, not for personal gain but for the sake of the people, which is more a hero thing. ..But Praetoria isn't so clean that you can say for sure who is good and who is bad. Shades of grey and all that. The difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist is paper thin. Etc.

On 2/25/2020 at 3:32 PM, Piyerus said:

I'd actually disagree on the Wardens and Responsibility placement there. The Wardens are doing the right thing but breaking the law to do it, which just screams vigilante. The Responsibility path has you following the law and maintaining the order of society, not for personal gain but for the sake of the people, which is more a hero thing. ..But Praetoria isn't so clean that you can say for sure who is good and who is bad. Shades of grey and all that. The difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist is paper thin. Etc.

Yes, but the essence of vigilantism—at least as far as Paragon is concerned—is doing unpleasant but necessary things for the greater good. The Wardens are do-gooding boy scouts who want to overthrow Cole without hurting any innocents. The Responsibility Loyalists, on the other hand, are perfectly willing to break a few eggs to get their omelet.

Edited by Ulysses Dare
typo

Well...  The *good* news is that I got some of the badges!  Heh...  I'll get those "complete x arc" badges and the "exit some portal after completing x arc" badge later!

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!