Patch Notes for February 25th, 2020 (Issue 26, Page 5 - Build 1)

The Curator

6 minutes ago, Tsurupettan said:

I love the concept of chaining, but what is the logic on the chains, if any? Will it prioritize players over pets, or run the risk of a bunch of MM/controller/etc pets taking the effects that I really wanted to hit an actual teammate?

Well I haven't played this set yet, I have to believe it's going to be based on proximity to that initial target, wouldn't you think?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Generator said:

Well I haven't played this set yet, I have to believe it's going to be based on proximity to that initial target, wouldn't you think?

That is my assumption and also my biggest fear, so that's why I am asking now so that logic behind the chains could be taken into consideration. Losing a bunch of jumps to pets when there's players that could use the benefits of them would be frustrating, to say the least.

32 minutes ago, Blackfeather said:

I mentioned making the Origin power pools into their own separate pool group, like Patron/Ancillary a few posts back. Since they're already mutually exclusive, it'd essentially be adding another pool, but for the origins - easiest way to add a new travel power without sacrificing a pool for flavour, personally.

You said "separating" them. What I am saying is leave things the way they are and create two new ancillary pools - with new powers that could fill your request (Hasten, CJ, Hover, Weave, Tough...for example) and Movement (Fly, Teleport, SJ, SS...for example)... give em fancy new names... and voila... no one has to respec unless they want the new pools...and no one is forced to take two pools if they wanted old school hasten and super speed for example. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Minor complaint -- not a fan of the name for the Shock Therapy set.  If nothing else, it really breaks the naming convention of the elemental powersets -- should be "Electrical {Something}" at least.  I also feel like it's a bit of a glib reference to something that is really rather serious.

I just read the patch notes and don't have any time to brainstorm (pardon) at the moment so I don't actually have anything constructive to suggest in its place, just wanted to throw it out there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Burnt Toast said:

You said "separating" them. What I am saying is leave things the way they are and create two new ancillary pools - with new powers that could fill your request (Hasten, CJ, Hover, Weave, Tough...for example) and Movement (Fly, Teleport, SJ, SS...for example)... give em fancy new names... and voila... no one has to respec unless they want the new pools...and no one is forced to take two pools if they wanted old school hasten and super speed for example. 

That's fair - the way I'm proposing essentially adds one pool ('origins'), while yours seems to propose two ('extra' and 'movement'). Different approach to thinking about the same problem.

2 minutes ago, darkgob said:

Minor complaint -- not a fan of the name for the Shock Therapy set.  If nothing else, it really breaks the naming convention of the elemental powersets -- should be "Electrical {Something}" at least.  I also feel like it's a bit of a glib reference

Thanks, that's a point I had meant to bring up also. We are all bright, cool people, I'd like to think we can come up with a better name here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vea said:

RE: Bombardment:

Targeted AoE sets don't seem unique at the moment so glad to see another set here however I think the set bonuses should reflect something similar to Gladiators Javelin (The PvP element though) to add some variety. The bonuses proposed are kind of similar to that to Positrons blast and Ragnarok.

Proposed set bonuses here would be:

• 2: 5% Increased Range (or 7.5%)
  • 3: 2.25% Smashing / Lethal Resistance + 3.75% Mez Resistance
  • 4: 3.125% Energy/Negative Defense & 1.5625% Ranged Defense (or Vice Versa)
  • 5: 3.75% Fire/Cold Resistance + 6.25% Mez Reistance. (or 3% Damage buff)
  • 6: 7.5% Recharge

/unsigned. I find the set bonuses to be perfect as they are. FInally a TaoE set i would want to slot rather than just posi by default after rags is slotted. I might even want it over rags given the ranged defense and damage proc.

• Like 3

• City Council

Thanks for the Shock Therapy feedback so far everyone! Please keep it coming.

@Burnt Toast @Blackfeather probably best to move the conversation about rearranging the existing pools to a separate thread so it doesn't get buried. That way we can keep this one focused on the update at hand.

2 minutes ago, Blackfeather said:

There was an Electric support powerset proposal on the forums called Bioelectrics. Maybe that could work?

Huh, that's... eerily similar. Shock Therapy has been on the backburner for so long (since June). It was such an obvious gap to us, so I'm not surprised others have had similar ideas.

• Like 5

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Thanks for the Shock Therapy feedback so far everyone! Please keep it coming.

@Burnt Toast @Blackfeather probably best to move the conversation about rearranging the existing pools to a separate thread so it doesn't get buried. That way we can keep this one focused on the update at hand.

Huh, that's... eerily similar. Shock Therapy has been on the backburner for so long (since June). It was such an obvious gap to us, so I'm not surprised others have had similar ideas.

Would be happy to move it here, @Burnt Toast - might be a nice place to discuss the pros and cons of different approaches to this.

And that's definitely where my mind went when this powerset was brought up.

3 hours ago, Phoenix' said:

* I don't mind having more pool powers, the more the better, but there is no originality when it comes to travel powers. I know that you have a long road ahead in adding new content in the game but we get same travel powers with an extra one ( like mystic flight) plus buffs debuffs while the old ones lack of potential.

For example :

Speed of Sound should be Super Speed's 5th ability.

Afterburner should have faster traveling speed and be able to attack or have protection to - fly attacks.

Team Teleport should have the Incandescent teleport animation etc... 

Dark Melee (and dark armor) underperforms generally vs defence based opponents. Siphon Life, Dark Consumption, Soul Drain, Dark Regeneration are based on hitting the opponent. Why dont we add at dark melee a +tohit or +acc bonus for each attack that lands. 

Personally I love the idea of having more pool powersets but I would prefer to have travel pool powers seperated from the buff/debuff pool ones and have a certain access on both. 

3 travel sets, 3 buff / debuff pool sets. 

People should get the travel power they enjoy and not forced to get one just because their toon lacks on something. (example many people pick super speed for hasten only) 

Dont throw hate just an opinion here. 

Thanks for the new content the new powerset looks awesome

Super Speed Pool has Hasten. It does not need any help.

In fact a case could be made for Hasten to become inherant.

4 hours ago, Auroxis said:

Elec melee outside of Stalkers is in absolute shambles at first glance, since DM fills its main niche without the paltry DPS. Definitely need to test that.

Scrappers get 100% of thunderstrike's damage added on a crit, just saying. Plus it's ST dps chain is still good DPA, just unsatisfying in the 'boom, big hit' department.

• City Council
4 minutes ago, Waypoint said:

Is there a reason the brute dark melee wasn't given the mini-nuke? Maybe I missed it.

Mistake in the patch notes. It was actually Stalkers didn't get the change because, well, they don't have Dark Consumption. This is now fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Besides a few odd crashes, seems pretty nice. I think I've finally found a tp power that I could actually make use of in Experimentation: Jaunt, that insta-cast I can see being so useful for popping in and out of battles etc.

Could I make a suggestion for the 4-slot set bonus on Synapse's Shock? 4% regen is pretty low for a 4-slot rare set bonus. considering pretty much every other rare set offers at least a 10% regen bonus even as a 2-slot bonus maybe bump it to at least 10% possibly 12%?

Edited by 10kVolts
  • Thanks 2

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

Might I request a small QoL feature?
I sometimes play my Sonic/Sonic Defender but I'm hesitant to use my favorite power because of the constant sound it makes. It's the Sonic Repulsion toggle power, slotting it with a KB to KD IO makes for an extremely useful ability BUT the constant sound has had an impact in me being just kicked from teams instead of asking me not to use it.
Is there a way to lessen the sound or reduce the constant wailing of the effect?
Also, if you've been on a team with "Sound of Color" I apologize for the annoying sound.

• Like 3

• Lead Game Master
1 minute ago, friendzy90210 said:

Might I request a small QoL feature?
I sometimes play my Sonic/Sonic Defender but I'm hesitant to use my favorite power because of the constant sound it makes. It's the Sonic Repulsion toggle power, slotting it with a KB to KD IO makes for an extremely useful ability BUT the constant sound has had an impact in me being just kicked from teams instead of asking me not to use it.
Is there a way to lessen the sound or reduce the constant wailing of the effect?
Also, if you've been on a team with "Sound of Color" I apologize for the annoying sound.

Feel free to create a new thread in the Suggestions & Feedback forum, or contribute to an existing one that supports your own.

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

I have a strong concern about bloat in the dark melee set. I dunno if bloat is the right word for it, but we're already factoring in so much crank damage with how dark melee's T8 is part of its base rotation in most builds.

Amping Dark Consumption to a nuke-level attack means that, in a theoretical situation, someone would ideally pop Soul Drain, get upwards of 40-50% bonus damage, and immediately rip out with an Extreme nuke and annihilate an entire group. 
On top of this, let's take a theoretical build, a Dark Melee/Shield build, where we also have Against All Odds to the mix, adding another big chunk of damage bonus. It might just be too much giving to Dark Melee. Let it have some AOE difficulty, but keep that sweet Shadow Maul cone boost. 

• Like 2

These changes are all really fascinating and exciting. The dark melee changes will be interesting to see played out, and I love the theme of the new support set. Even the little chain icon border is cool. I need to hop in and see what the animations are like with Experimentation too. I liked the ones for Force of Will.

Minor gripe, I do wish the new targeted AoE set had more endurance reduction on it, considering it looks extremely similar to Posi in the important bonuses and stats it gives. Buuut, that's just a small thing. Slotting Posis and Ragnarok tends to leave AoEs expensive and it would be nice to have a recharge bonus set that does a better job in that department. That's just my 2 inf though.

• Like 2