Patch Notes for February 25th, 2020 (Issue 26, Page 5 - Build 1)

The Curator

Great updates. As a primarily /Electric user, I'm excited for the new IO sets, EndMod needed some love. Also, I've been begging for a "General" chat channel for a LONG time. I actually added it to my own test server back in June. Anyone that's running their own server that wants the logic, you can either PM me, or find it on Discord in the OuroDev i25-i25-deployment channel, where I dumped a word doc of my code changes along with a zip file of the graphics I made for the chat selector bar. **DISCLAIMER:** Not affiliated with the HC team in any way.

So, needless to say, I'm VERY happy to see this finally added.

• Like 1
I'm out.

Note for users (this isn't a complaint): Toxic Dart is a slow flyer. From longer ranges you can have a second 1s cast shot like Patron Gloom already leaving your hand just as it hits.

The Vial leaves a 'patch' under the target in the same style as Glue Arrows but meaner-looking and all bubbly. Radius is a bit small but it dishes out all of its damage relatively fast. Immob/slow procs would add nicely to it when slotting up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Novacat said:

Note for users (this isn't a complaint): Toxic Dart is a slow flyer. From longer ranges you can have a second 1s cast shot like Patron Gloom already leaving your hand just as it hits.

The Vial leaves a 'patch' under the target in the same style as Glue Arrows but meaner-looking and all bubbly. Radius is a bit small but it dishes out all of its damage relatively fast. Immob/slow procs would add nicely to it when slotting up.

Stuff like that is excellent for pulling.

• Like 1

Dunno if anyone's reported it, but clicking general and typing your message gives you an unknown command. you have to type /general /gen or /z manually for it to work

2f604c3dd8846452b518cbb229173957.png

edit: also can we change the color for general chat? probably a more orange color?

Edited by Spctr
added something

• Lead Game Master
6 hours ago, The Curator said:

New Support Powerset: Shock Therapy

"You are able to control and manipulate electricity to aid your allies and weaken your enemies. Some Shock Therapy powers build Static, which increases the number of targets your Circuit powers can chain to. Others consume Static to increase their effectiveness while also restoring a small amount of your health and endurance."

• A shocking new support powerset brought to you by @Cipher, @Jimmy, @GuyPerfect and our resident powers guru @Captain Powerhouse.
  • The set has been built around chaining powers and a stacking / combo system that's similar to those found in many of the more modern melee and ranged damage sets, with a focus on wide variety of buffs for the whole team as well as damage and endurance debuffs for your enemies.
  • Shock Therapy also introduces and makes use of a brand new mechanic which allows powers to dynamically change the number of targets they can hit - in this case, the four Circuit powers hit more targets for every stack of Static that you currently have.
  • The set is currently available only as a Defender Primary. It will be ported to other support ATs after testing and feedback.

@Tyrannical

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

36 minutes ago, DatBooster said:

I have a strong concern about bloat in the dark melee set. I dunno if bloat is the right word for it, but we're already factoring in so much crank damage with how dark melee's T8 is part of its base rotation in most builds.

Amping Dark Consumption to a nuke-level attack means that, in a theoretical situation, someone would ideally pop Soul Drain, get upwards of 40-50% bonus damage, and immediately rip out with an Extreme nuke and annihilate an entire group. 
On top of this, let's take a theoretical build, a Dark Melee/Shield build, where we also have Against All Odds to the mix, adding another big chunk of damage bonus. It might just be too much giving to Dark Melee. Let it have some AOE difficulty, but keep that sweet Shadow Maul cone boost. 

Using it for it's original purpose (+End), Dark Consumption will deal a lot less damage so it's reasonably balanced, consider the endurance requirements of Dark/Dark for example. In fact, Stalker doesn't even have Dark Consumption so this is completely wasted on them who could really utilize it's damage most.

Edited by Hopestar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Curator said:

Dark Melee was seriously underperforming in the AoE department. These changes are aimed to increase the AoE potential of the set whilst having minimal impact on the single target potential.

Oh my! My dark/dark scrapper is already my favorite toon... these changes sound so good, can't wait to try them out!

• Like 1

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API

16 minutes ago, Sailboat said:

Broadcast channel wasn't sufficient to keep spam out of Help and LFG?  What do people use Broadcast for?

Uh, saying stuff to all the people in the same zone that they're in? Broadcast isn't server-wide, the way Help and LFG are, and General will be.

Given how many times I've seen both LFG and Help become Barrens Chat where originally on-topic conversations devolve into random chat, it'll be handy to be able to say "take it to General." Advising people to take it to a global channel didn't work so well, given that people have to join those channels manually.

• Like 3

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

In general my response to the DM changes is very positive. Although it's an extreme example, Diablo 3 is a game that tries to bring up underperformning class sets and items, instead of bringing down others, and putting DM at a high level makes a lot of sense to me. 

Now I gotta decide between DM/Shield and DM/Bio... 

Not at home, but I was thinking about Adrenal Booster stacked with Hasten, and a high recharge build.

How long is the duration on Adrenal Booster? And what mag recharge bonus does it give? If it's 30 seconds/ 30 %, I don't think perma Adrenal Booster is on the table, but 45 seconds and up I think it could be based on perma hasten builds.

I am at work so I'm unable to boot up Pineapple Pizza for about 7 hours to test.