Patch Notes for February 25th, 2020 (Issue 26, Page 5 - Build 1)

The Curator

1 minute ago, Blackfeather said:

I believe Faraday Cage does provide -Recovery resistance by the looks of it - not sure how much it provides though.

You’re right, I see it there now. It still might do to add it to one or two other powers in the set, depending on how strong it is.

25 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

My negative thoughts. A bit long of a recharge on Shadow Maul.  I foresee that upsetting some players. 16 seconds is a long time, I could see adding a couple seconds to it, but adding double the recharge time is a bit much.

I think folks will happily trade a 1 second cast time for 2.2 second longer recharge (assuming perma Hasten). The recycle time is 1.2 seconds longer, but you'll also hit/debuff more enemies and you can fit another attack in between.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 minutes ago, Blackfeather said:

I believe Faraday Cage does provide -Recovery resistance by the looks of it - not sure how much it provides though.

30.27% resistance to endurance, recovery rate, and recharge (using in-game "as used by level 50 Defender" function).

Good catch, but brings us back to Energizing Circuit ending up over-niched.

Just now, Bopper said:

I think folks will happily trade a 1 second cast time for 2.2 second longer recharge (assuming perma Hasten). The recycle time is 1.2 seconds longer, but you'll also hit/debuff more enemies and you can fit another attack in between.

Didn't it go from 8 second recharge to 16 seconds?

1 hour ago, Hopestar said:

Using it for it's original purpose (+End), Dark Consumption will deal a lot less damage so it's reasonably balanced, consider the endurance requirements of Dark/Dark for example. In fact, Stalker doesn't even have Dark Consumption so this is completely wasted on them who could really utilize it's damage most.

Since Stalkers don't have Dark Consumption, could they keep the higher damage scale and larger cone on Shadow Maul?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Replacement said:

There's a really good post around here... somewhere that spells out how this all works.  The tl;dr I got from it was that once you get someone out of endurance, -recovery is the debuff you need to make sure you keep running.

I'd love to see some reduction in AV resistance and EB/AV max end to make it a bit more viable though.

Interesting. I'll have to find it. It just never seems like even kinetics manages to keep the mob from still attacking. 

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

Didn't it go from 8 second recharge to 16 seconds?

Yes, at base. I'm factoring in global and enhanced recharge

• Confused 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Just now, Bopper said:

Yes, at base. I'm factoring in global and enhanced recharge

Ah okay, gotcha. Yeah, I am just going to wait and see after I play the set after the change and reserve further judgement until that time.  All in all, I do love the news, looking forward to it. Worst case scenario, I just might pick up Flurry to fill in the 8 second gap if it turns out I have a time frame to fill. Come to think of it, I don't think it would bother me to have a reason to pick up Flurry. (My character is Speedster themed)

7 hours ago, The Curator said:

ShockTherapy_Defibrillate.png.4240c0c29aaf0058ef648d0c6d0a5ed4.png T7: Defibrillate (Melee (Targeted AoE), Ally Rez, Self -Static)

• Strike a defeated ally with a highly-charged jolt of electricity, reviving them and any other nearby defeated allies. The amount of health and endurance allies revive with scales with the number of stacks of Static you have. Defibrillate will consume all stacks of Static, and each stack consumed in this way will restore a small amount of your health and endurance. Recharge: Long

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I love the AoE Rez, but I'm not thrilled by the Variable Health recovery.
I assume Static works like Tidal from the Water Blast. Does it have the same duration?  For Tidal you only have to stack 3 and doesn't last that long, Static is asking for 5. So how long does each layer of static last? 
How much health do they get with a base of 0 Static?
They get fully recovered with a stack of 5 Static?

If 5 layers equals 100%, I assume they get 20% of there health is 1 layer on Static?
So I either horde my static *just encase my team dies* or I Spend it for the boost?

7 hours ago, The Curator said:

ShockTherapy_InsulatingCircuit.png.b97afc962569e3b16bcf87222a943fb6.png T6: Insulating Circuit (Ranged (Special), Ally +Absorb, Self +Static)

• Create a circuit of protective energy between yourself and two nearby allies, granting them a small protective shield. Every stack of Static you have will cause this power to chain to an additional ally. Each successive jump along the chain will shield the next target for less. Insulating Circuit grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Slow

I can only stack 5 Static, so I can only buff part of my team? Or does this have a quick enough recharge where I can apply it to a whole team?
Or is this not meant to be used as a team wide buff?

4 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Ah okay, gotcha. Yeah, I am just going to wait and see after I play the set after the change and reserve further judgement until that time.  All in all, I do love the news, looking forward to it. Worst case scenario, I just might pick up Flurry to fill in the 8 second gap if it turns out I have a time frame to fill. Come to think of it, I don't think it would bother me to have a reason to pick up Flurry. (My character is Speedster themed)

I'd probably just throw in an extra smite or shadow punch, or both since they're fast cast.

2 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I'd probably just throw in an extra smite or shadow punch, or both since they're fast cast.

I use those anyway, I gotta have those, they are just too awesome sounding and looking to skip.  😄

1 hour ago, valcryst81 said:

After playing this new set a bit, it feels like there are too many click powers (feels hectic).

How about converting "Faraday Cage" into a toggle ?

Agreed. A drop patch status protection on a long recharge timer isnt really useful. Status protection is one of those things you either need on basically every fight, or its not worth the effort.

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Alternative name ideas for Shock Therapy that don't have an extremely negative connotation to members of the LGBT community:

Synaptic Rejuvination

Electric Stimulation

Static Discharge

Bioelectricity

Circuitry

...etc.

Just sayin'. Cool update though.

This. I vote for Static Manipulation, but anything else would be better.

• Like 2

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

8 hours ago, The Curator said:

Powers with redirects will now display numbers properly in the detailed information window.

Is this supposed to be in the character creator, too, or in-game only?  'cause I just did a quick check on Savage Leap/Feral Leap, and they both still just show "Specialdamage"

7 minutes ago, Bartacus said:

New set looks really cool - I wish it had some kind of -regen. There are already plenty of support sets that do not offer -regen and it's pretty important for AVs/GMs. 

Well, looks like this set gives +DMG to allies.  Possibly the idea being, more damage instead of -Regen.  Looks like it can effect the whole team, if you have 5 stacks, if I read it right.