SS/Will Homecoming

Snarky

I started on what seems like a thousand alts. Quite a number if them were SS/Invul Brutes. My goto engine underneath the skin of many characters

Then Willpower showed up.  Love. Just Love ❤️I ran SS/Will on multiple successful solo every contact Redside projects.  I just really enjoy the super feeling if Willpower. Maybe (okay prob def) Invul is tougher. But better?  Hmmm.  

My first built out 50 on Homecoming is a SS/Invul Brute. Then a few scores of alts happened

I looked around last night after a hard day working and just wanted comfort. And slowly realized i dont have a SS/Will.  Soooo

I ran a couple DFBs and a few PI councils. So tired i did not want to run a Posi 1 even and one was forming. Level 17

next step?  The buildout of course. This is a Inf is mo object project

i know i will S/L softcap get S/L resist 80+ and after that not sure.  Do you chase high Health on a Willpower?

i am looking for suggestions on power pools and Incarnate powers.

i know everything benefits from Hasten. I suppose i should grab that?

combat jump, fighting pool kick tough weave, 3 leadership toggles. 

Energy Mastery.  Solve all my End issues 4ever without using incarnate powers and build towards damage with incarnate choices?   Then take Acc toggle there and run it constant? Lol. That sounds interesting. Dont try to compete with my Invul Brute for survivability but just go as big as possible on scrappiness?  I like how it sounds

any thoughts ( or builds ) are appreciated. Thanks

Basic Defense setup until you get better 

Slot 4 of your ST attack powers with Kinetic Combats 

Slot the 2 +3% Def IOs

Slot the 2 +Res IOs

All of WP except Resurgence and SOW are needed 

Fighting Pool Tough and Weave 

Combat Jumping 

Basic slotting 2x Whatever of Def/Res/Heal, 1 End Red for Toggles 

That gets you through the levels. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

I started on what seems like a thousand alts. Quite a number if them were SS/Invul Brutes. My goto engine underneath the skin of many characters

Then Willpower showed up.  Love. Just Love ❤️I ran SS/Will on multiple successful solo every contact Redside projects.  I just really enjoy the super feeling if Willpower. Maybe (okay prob def) Invul is tougher. But better?  Hmmm.  

My first built out 50 on Homecoming is a SS/Invul Brute. Then a few scores of alts happened

I looked around last night after a hard day working and just wanted comfort. And slowly realized i dont have a SS/Will.  Soooo

I ran a couple DFBs and a few PI councils. So tired i did not want to run a Posi 1 even and one was forming. Level 17

next step?  The buildout of course. This is a Inf is mo object project

i know i will S/L softcap get S/L resist 80+ and after that not sure.  Do you chase high Health on a Willpower?

combat jump, fighting pool kick tough weave, 3 leadership toggles. 

Energy Mastery.  Solve all my End issues 4ever without using incarnate powers and build towards damage with incarnate choices?   Then take Acc toggle there and run it constant? Lol. That sounds interesting. Dont try to compete with my Invul Brute for survivability but just go as big as possible on scrappiness?  I like how it sounds

any thoughts ( or builds ) are appreciated. Thanks

Used to run SS/WP live.  Here's some thoughts in answer to your questions:

- Yes you chase high HP, but don't have to chase regen because willpower's regen scales to your max HP. Ofc, there's no harm grabbing the regen along the way.

- Get your passive accolades that give 5% HP and +10% HP

- The IO sets that give the most HP usually give HP bonus at 2 or 3 of the same IO and usually comes as 1.13% bonus, 1.88% bonus, and 2.25% bonus.  Some of the good IOs include Shield Wall (Defence), Superior Brute's Fury (Brute ATO).  The highest one is the Superior Brute's Fury (picture of the fist one) that gives 3%HP at 2-set bonus.  If you don't need the 3-set bonus of 5% S/L defence, dont need the 6-set bonus S&L resist and don't mind giving up 5-set bonus10% recharge, you can slot that 2-set 3%HP bonus 3 times for a whopping 9% from 1 set. 

- To get S/L softcap, you'll have to take the all the usual defence-boosting power pools like Leadership: Maneuvers, Fighting: Weave, Leaping: Combat jumping, and slot your attacks with IOs that give S/L defence, including the Brute IO Superior Brute Fury, and Winter IO Superior Blistering Cold (5-set)

- Since you can reach S/L softcap, if you don't run iTrials, you can maximize your damage with Musculature alpha and Lore: Carnies to get damage buff

- If you run iTrials, you likely need Cardiac to boost resist, especially to energy damage, and Psy damage (MoM trial).  In my experience only, having better resists (and high HP) is the #1 importance for tanking iTrials because Defence buffs are usually plentiful (everyone and their grand-ma runs Leadership: Maneuvers) and you can't always rely on barrier to be up exactly when needed mid-fight.  High resist also means you can grab a tray of greens before iTrialing and eat greens in case you are about to die.

- Depends on your powerpool picks earlier.  Generally, you should be able to grab Hasten no problem and reach 130+ global recharge (with Hasten on) while aiming for S/L softcap

Energy Mastery.  Solve all my End issues 4ever without using incarnate powers and build towards damage with incarnate choices?   Then take Acc toggle there and run it constant?

- There are 2 experiences in this category, both of which I will mention without Alpha incarnate powers (namely Cardiac and Agility)

- In a super long protracted fight (13 minutes of spamming attacks) where you double stack rage and use Hasten, the -25% end crash from rage every 1 minute combined with the Hasten -end crash will actually drain you dry even if you take both +End powers from Energy Mastery.  Thankfully, most iTrial fights don't require you spamming damage that hard (or just afk for 10 seconds?) and you aren't as responsible for damage as scrappers/blasters. 

- In a regular non-incarnate content, you will never run out of endurance because nothing lasts 13 minutes except Reichsman AV fight.

- +To-Hit is more important than +Acc because +To-Hit affects your final chance to hit for all powers, while +Acc just acts within the To-Hit chance.  I forgot the exact math, but bascially the leadership power: Tactics slotted for one IO +to-hit/End reduction is more powerful and better Endurance use than the Acc toggle from Energy mastery.  By far, +Acc toggle in energy mastery is the worst use of end.  Period.  Rather you just slot Kismet's +6% to-hit in some Defence power than run the Acc toggle from Energy mastery.

Hope this helps 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Generator said:

Since when is the toggle in Energy Mastery +ACC?  I remember it being +ToHit (however I'm currently 150 miles from my game PC).

Energy Mastery: Focused Accuracy gives +Acc 20% and +To-Hit 5% and +Perception radius.   Cost .78 end/sec

Leadership: Tactics gives +To-Hit 7%.  And buffs your team in radius 60.  Cost .39 end/sec

So Tactics is better in both +To-Hit, end-cost, and buffs everyone.

Edit: You could even, if room is available, 6-slot Gaussian into Tactics so that, in iTrial and 8-man group settings, your +Chance for Build-up is always proccing because everyone is affected by your buffs, and the 10-second check will likely proc it given the number of players affected by your buff.

Edited by Obus Form
You could even
  • Like 1

Hmmm.  I am 90% sure i have room in the build for both. If the build will sustain both End wise i like the idea of having both (and the Kismet proc!). Back when running SO builds i found Increasing to hit chances was the key to being useful in any team.