AE salvage

Where did it go & why was the option removed?

I don't mind AE's XP being nerfed, but why was the salvage for tickets option taken away?  Doing an AE mission to get tickets to get the materials needed for a recipe - ESPECIALLY a recipe for an enhancement with a rare component - is ONLY way to craft a recipe.

My alts don't have influence pouring out of their ears - and in 2 weeks of playing I have had a grand total of -1- [one] rare salvage drop in a mission.  [And it was not one I needed for a recipe.]

Losing the only guaranteed way for me to get specific salvage just ... makes me sad.  Heck, even if it was just for random rolls at magic/tech salvage would be -something-.

You can still get random common salvage with tickets. For rare salvage you need reward merits from story arcs. Its pretty cheap in terms of merits, and there are only 3 or 4 choices so odds are good to get the one you want (of course, I just spent 35 merits to get the one I wanted, as I got 2 of every other piece on the list first). In fact, with 10 merits you just get 2, if neither is the one you need sell them both and buy the one you want, with nearly 1 million inf profit.

From what I've seen, I don't see any reason loot wise to bother with AE. Story arc rewards are far better.

Since salvage for tickets disappeared from Everlasting - and later from Halcyon, my guess is that it is some aspect of AE being temporarily shut down.  It was there on Torchbearer when I checked, tho - so must be kind of hit & miss.

You can still get random common salvage with tickets. For rare salvage you need reward merits from story arcs. Its pretty cheap in terms of merits, and there are only 3 or 4 choices so odds are good to get the one you want (of course, I just spent 35 merits to get the one I wanted, as I got 2 of every other piece on the list first). In fact, with 10 merits you just get 2, if neither is the one you need sell them both and buy the one you want, with nearly 1 million inf profit.

From what I've seen, I don't see any reason loot wise to bother with AE. Story arc rewards are far better.

10 merits for 2 pieces of salvage is 2 million influence. 

Better to spend those 10 merits for 30 enhancement coverters and sell those for 6 million influence and just buy the salvage

10 merits for 2 pieces of salvage is 2 million influence. 

Better to spend those 10 merits for 30 enhancement coverters and sell those for 6 million influence and just buy the salvage

Thanks for the tip. This is why we (or at least me) need a market section of the boards again.