Does /kin attack speed work on Pets AFTER Pet Update? (they don't default to brawl?)

Saebeas

The biggest downside to /kin that I have seen is that the attack speed boost would not affect pets as a bandaid to prevent them from spamming low-cooldown brawls and stuff. Since they fixed the AI to prefer ranged attacks for ranged pets, does that mean the pets can get speed boosted power cooldowns now? If not would it be reasonable to implement now?

3 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

I thought pets are immune to +recharge buffs, but would be happy to be wrong.

They are, but the reason they are is that the AI doesn't handle recharge buffs properly. OP is wondering whether pets could reasonably be affected by recharge now that brawl isn't something ranged pets do anymore.

The answer is probably no. For starters, non-ranged pets are still a thing, so if brawl presented a problem before it would still present a problem now for those pets. But personally, I'd be shocked if brawl was the only thing preventing this; I think it's far more likely that the AI's problem with recharge extends to all pet abilities, not just brawl.

And, of course, this would represent an absolutely massive buff to MM DPS, which I think is unwarranted. MMs are already incredibly tanky with the right powersets, to the point of being able to easily solo +4x8. They shouldn't get 500+ passive DPS on top of that.

I'll also add that I don't think this is the biggest problem with Kin on MMs, in that almost everything Kin has doesn't work well with MMs. Transfusion is basically useless for ranged pets. With a proper build pets don't suffer for endurance, so Transference is worthless. The MM doesn't have any need for recharge, so Siphon Speed is worthless. Pets have a rather low damage cap, so Fulcrum Shift and Siphon Power are significantly less useful than they should be, and FS is made even less useful by the fact that it's most powerful in melee range. Keeping pets alive is generally the biggest stumbling block for MMs in high level content, and Kin provides very little defensive benefit.

So... basically everything it does isn't very useful, and it doesn't do the one thing MM secondaries are expected to do. It's just not a very good secondary pick.

Edited by nzer
  • Like 3

My understanding (could be wrong) is that henchmen and pets are simply coded to ignore all +RECHARGE buffs of any kind.  So no matter the fixes they did to ranged vs brawl attacks, they simply have no ability as coded to accept any form of +Recharge buff.

I have likewise heard they ignore -RECHARGE debuffs, but honestly don’t run into that often in the game to know if true or not.

Edited by Crysis
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later
3 hours ago, Saebeas said:

Thanks so much for the detailed reply guys. I'll accept then. Now I just have to figure out how to play an MM without my pets melting and spending all my time and endurance resummoning and upgrading. 

Slot all the pet defense/resist auras and use Transfusion liberally to heal them up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Saebeas said:

Thanks so much for the detailed reply guys. I'll accept then. Now I just have to figure out how to play an MM without my pets melting and spending all my time and endurance resummoning and upgrading. 

Also, use a defensive secondary... Time, FF, Dark, Sonic, etc.