New Elite Enemy Groups

Troo

9 hours ago, Silver Lancer said:

If every minion is a boss, every lieutenant is elite boss, and every boss is an AV... then, we have a challenging group for incarnate teams.

Needs more than just that, needs an exotic damage type random attack radius thrown in also.

By exotic I mean unresistable.

Edited by Infinitum

• 3 months later
On 3/4/2020 at 12:11 AM, Silver Lancer said:

If every minion is a boss, every lieutenant is elite boss, and every boss is an AV... then, we have a challenging group for incarnate teams.

I was thinking more of the potential mixing and matching existing powers to create targets that required some strategy. We see some strategies in the game already against bosses that have moment of glory or personal force fields as well as lieutenants with vengeance. The great thing is the strategies are not required but can make things much faster.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 3/1/2020 at 9:53 AM, Chris24601 said:

My other line of thinking is that Kallisti Wharf is way too gorgeous a zone to just be devoid of content except for one TF and tip missions. Making it the home base for these upgraded groups and stories related to them would give it some much needed content. As such, the updated groups  should be in that zones level range of 40-50 (though I suspect it was originally intended to be another 50 only zone like Dark Astoria).

On a related note; Dark Astoria already did a pretty good job incarnating the magic threats; Tsoo and Banished Pantheon both got specific 50+ mobs; and the Circle of Thorns already had 50+ mobs and had a recent (relative to shutdown) visual upgrade as well.

So with that in mind, my primary focus for upgrading would be on the “tech” factions, many of whom look quite dated and, well, frumpy.

So the idea behind my upgrades is that Kallisti Wharf would be to Tech what Dark Astoria was to magic. The Neo-Freakshow are making a statement as the future of man/machine fusion. Crey’s offices there are showing off the latest iterations of their power armor suits. The Council and Malta are testing their latest upgrades against the heroes there; etc.

I was about to suggest using Kallisti Wharf for this.  You went much more in-depth with the idea.  I'd love to see this in-game, too!

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

You know, I was thinking about this - what if we put in a system for missions (or, at least, for Task Forces) that is sort of like the Mythic system they use in WoW?  We'd call it, I don't know, Crisis Mode.  It wouldn't have to be for Incarnate-level stuff, either, any story arc or TF could be done as a Crisis arc.  And it would be HARD.

My thoughts?  Any 'crisis' mob below AV level gets the following buffs:

- double hit points

- +15% damage across the board

- get a +5% to-hit bonus, so capping defense is harder up front

- each attack power gives them a stacking +2.5% additional to-hit bonus and stacking +5% damage increase, so long fights will make both Defense and Resistance less and less impenetrable

Bosses, Elite Bosses, and AVs would also get 'gimmicks' individual to each boss.  Like @Infinitumsuggested, Battle Maiden's nanite swarm is one of the few things that requires fully tricked-out Incarnates to stay on their toes - more stuff like that would make the game much more challenging.  Making fights take longer and having enemies get more dangerous as fights go on also will mean that buff-granting Defenders and Corruptors won't feel redundant at max difficulty - that extra 20 points of Ranged Defense from your Bubble Defender will REALLY feel useful as enemies start looking at +30% to-hit bonuses at the end of a fight...

And if THAT still becomes too easy, you could put another tier above that: Infinite Crisis!  Enhance those enemies' stats even more AND make the boss gimmicks more unforgiving!  For the real elite/masochistic among us.

I don't know what the extra rewards for doing Crisis content would be, though - maybe special 'crisis' merits that can be exchanged for badges and incarnate stuff?  Or just MOAR MERITS?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

I think there are folks who would be all for more random elite bosses that a hold, sleep, stun, etc. would make a big difference on. Sure they could still be defeated by high defenses and button munching but it would be easier with the proper recognition and application of said status.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum