Numina,Miracle and Panacea OH MY!

Nafsmar

I have read on the wiki what each one does and currently I have all 3 slotted on my Ice blaster. However I saw in Help chat once that having all 3 was a waste. Since I didn't have the time to ask can someone explain to me ( and others I am sure) which is the best slotting to have? TY

If you can fit them in they're certainly useful.  Every character I have gets a Miracle by level 20 and a Numina by level 30... this works wonders for my endurance.  The Panacea is nice but I frequently can't fit it in without sacrificing something I need more than the additional regeneration.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I have never troubled myself with them on a HC blaster.  Just about any other character that I enjoy enough to finish leveling will have all three, usually frankenslotted in Health. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I find that in a thought-about IO'd build, endurance becomes much less of an issue. I quite often start off with two or three of them and then work it down to just Panacea in a late respec. 

Several IO sets have global endurance discounts, as well as endurance reduction effects from the enhancements themselves. On top of this, there are some procs that recoup endurance, which makes a couple of powers endurance-negative or near to it. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

1 hour ago, Gulbasaur said:

I find that in a thought-about IO'd build, endurance becomes much less of an issue. I quite often start off with two or three of them and then work it down to just Panacea in a late respec. 

Several IO sets have global endurance discounts, as well as endurance reduction effects from the enhancements themselves. On top of this, there are some procs that recoup endurance, which makes a couple of powers endurance-negative or near to it. 

True, but old school Melee, even with a good build are superstitious about END issues.  Can hardly blame them.,  CoT messes with End, Freakshow, Malta Sappers, Carnies are horrid on Melee End.  I am sure Incarnate enemies (at least some) take swipes at your blue bar?  That is what I mean, Melee just expects someone to try to drain.

Honestly @Snarky due to those enemies an IO with unique End Drain protection would be ideal.

That all said I have a Numina/Miracle/Panacea Proc slotted on about 90% of my 50 lvl 50s. There's maybe 4-5 that only dedicate 2 slots to those. I do ensure I have a Preventative Medicine proc in all my toons as that absorb is great. Some Regen toons even get the Regenerative Tissue proc, but non regen toons don't really benefit enough from it.

• Like 1

I could easily see where a Blaster can do without Miracle, but unless that slot is getting me a global recharge or defense bonus out of another power, I would have a hard time cutting it.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

True, but old school Melee, even with a good build are superstitious about END issues.  Can hardly blame them.,  CoT messes with End, Freakshow, Malta Sappers, Carnies are horrid on Melee End.  I am sure Incarnate enemies (at least some) take swipes at your blue bar?  That is what I mean, Melee just expects someone to try to drain.

Admittedly, my most recent melee-with-IOs experience was a dark/dark tanker, which has hella end drain resistz and an "endurance please" button and I still struggled a bit. My storm/water defender can run around with 250% recharge and not have endurance issues after some IOs. 

I take it back. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much +recovery...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

33 minutes ago, myyth said:

On my /time controller I put numina/panacea in health and then a miracle in Temporal Selection power. Does my character still get the benefit from miracle? 

Yes. Procs like that will effect the caster. The caveat though because it's not a toggle or auto power, the power needs to be used at least once every 120 seconds, so if your solo, hopefully you aren't a mind controller and can buff your pet to keep up the proc on you.

I'm surpised at how many posters above don't use the Panacea proc on every character.  The fact that it procs dollops of END & HP whether or not your REC & REG are debuffed into negative territory is a literal lifesaver.  Every character I have now gets this as their first IO as soon as they can slot it (level 7, right?).  The fact that it is a PvP IO can make it pricey, so that may be why so many people don't consider it.  But it is well worth the price.  As a rule, I tend to make my new characters pay their own way & buy or earn their own IOs - but I always make an exception for the Panacea proc, as one of my "rich uncle" alts ponies up for the Panacea for the newbie.

But all characters get all 3 of the Panacea/Miracle/Numina's as soon as they can slot them.  The END management they provide is worth it on almost any character.  (I haven't played a Blaster on Homecoming with the new Sustain mechanic, so that might be an exception.)

• Like 2

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!