Most Blaster-Like Dominator?

dcm510

I'm late to this thread but...

I am always surprised how little love fire/ and /fire gets.

I have about 7 fully speced doms and fire/fire/fire is my favorite by far.

I usually lead teams so I like to have my permadom not dependant on hasten or ageless and I always prefer barrier over ageless for those times you may need it.

Bonfire is slotted with KB to KD.

I usually run ranged def around 35% because thats usually the best i can get when slotting for recharge.  My dark doms can get it up around the low 40s%

I have every weapon a fire blaster has for all but the nuke and my damage multiplier is still good.

I feel that it competes with every blaster but a fire blaster. for overall damage.

Depending on the group I can focus on holding or just blast away.

I have both a blapper (uses combustion/burn,hotfeet) and hover (stays at range and adds in fire breath (needs a range boost IO) instead of any melee) build that both work well.

It may take a little while, but I frequently run off to see what I can do and there is enough holding and overall AOE to kill +4/8 groups without fear of getting killed.

Mind/fire/fire also performs well IMO.

• Like 1

The AOE-ish damage of proc'd out Creepers is not to be overlooked.  Plant/Fire/Fire may offer a good mix of the damage of fire with the control (Seeds) of Plant and the damage of Creepers. 

That said, Fire epic for sure increases your personal damage, but there's likely no doubt that Ice epic (via Sleet) increase your contribution to damage on teams. Depends on your orientation I guess.

5 hours ago, OrionX said:

I usually run ranged def around 35% because thats usually the best i can get when slotting for recharge.  My dark doms can get it up around the low 40s%

Honestly, 35% is all you need (if you are talking base) if you do go barrier (+5 min) and have the inf to burn on P2W buff (another +5).  Some people seem to have an aversion to using temp powers, but unless you are doing a master run, or are running low on inf,  I'm all in to using temps to my advantage.  Heck, you can also get +13 s/l defense and 22.5% energy resistance with a P2W kinetic shield temp (hour at a time) to also shore those up if needed.  On the recharge side, the +35 recharge you can get from a SG base buff and the P2W vendor is also a staple when I run my doms (and most of my characters).    

• Like 1

When it comes to ST damage, there's something that I find is often overlooked. ST damage really only matters against beefy targets like AVs and in that case, instead of just pure dps, /Psi has access to Drain Psyche's -500% regen, which is how much sets like Cold, Dark and Thermal get in their debuffs. The set also features some very fast animations, which makes for great dpa, including the fastest snipe (1s, tied with Martial).

Edited by RabbitUp