Badges Detection tool and online tracker / Leaderboard

xeaon

• 2 weeks later
13 hours ago, TG BrainFog said:

I'm getting a "HOMECOMING validation failed" message when I try to run it. Seems to see the folder and identify my account just fine. I'm sure it's user error. Any thoughts?

Don't know what you are seeing, but the most common error made on this is not making sure that the file reads the "PLAYERNAME, welcome to City of Heroes" (or whatever the exact verbiage is) before the bindsfile starts logging the badges.  Without that welcome line in the datalog file, the program won't know how to identify your character & then apply the badges logged to it..

The problem I had was that I logged into the character, then turned on datalogging, then ran the bindsfile - & got an error message.  If I had turned on datalogging first, THEN logged into the character & ran the bindsfile, everything would have been okay.  With datalogging activated before logging in, the datalog file will have the welcome line in it from the start & will have no problems identifying the character & properly recognzing the badges from the bindsfile. 

I don't know if this is the issue for you, but I wanted to explain this, since it seems to happen to a good number of users their first time.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

On 2/29/2020 at 12:06 PM, xeaon said:

If such a tool/web site could be of interest to you, simply go to https://cityofbadgers.com

I assume one needs to log in to that site to make full use of it. Is a discord login the only way? What if one doesn't have a discord thing or doesn't like sharing login information like that?

(Only briefly viewed on my phone, will take better look this evening.)

Edited by Lunchmoney

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Hi all.

I did many manipulations, but when i try the "read log file now", i have a "File content is not valid".

I launched in game the /bind_load_file "d:.... .txt" successfully, my token is valid... But what's the problem ?

(If any answer are in french, it could be cool too 😉 )

On 4/30/2020 at 9:56 PM, TG BrainFog said:

I'm getting a "HOMECOMING validation failed" message when I try to run it. Seems to see the folder and identify my account just fine. I'm sure it's user error. Any thoughts?

I got aware that the validation I had put in place so only homecoming data get published is no longer working if you install the game on a new PC / format your drive and do a clean install.

I will try to fix that ASAP.

On 5/1/2020 at 11:11 AM, Mister Mass said:

Don't know what you are seeing, but the most common error made on this is not making sure that the file reads the "PLAYERNAME, welcome to City of Heroes" (or whatever the exact verbiage is) before the bindsfile starts logging the badges.  Without that welcome line in the datalog file, the program won't know how to identify your character & then apply the badges logged to it..

The problem I had was that I logged into the character, then turned on datalogging, then ran the bindsfile - & got an error message.  If I had turned on datalogging first, THEN logged into the character & ran the bindsfile, everything would have been okay.  With datalogging activated before logging in, the datalog file will have the welcome line in it from the start & will have no problems identifying the character & properly recognzing the badges from the bindsfile. 

I don't know if this is the issue for you, but I wanted to explain this, since it seems to happen to a good number of users their first time.

You are correct, if the in game chat log option was disabled (the default), when you turn it back on, you need to relog for this to work.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:35 PM, ir0x0r said:

Does this work on macOS? 

The client tool is in C#/.Net Framework 4.6.1.

I was also working on a WPF client... (still work in progress WPF beeing new to me).

I am not sure  how I can port the code easily on MacOS... any suggestion?

10 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

I assume one needs to log in to that site to make full use of it. Is a discord login the only way? What if one doesn't have a discord thing or doesn't like sharing login information like that?

(Only briefly viewed on my phone, will take better look this evening.)

There is discord and google login options.

Alternatively there is an hidden login that use the client token as a key to login...

*try CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+L from the login screen to display this option*

image.png.b6d5a31f042de8c4e337835315e4e696.png

I blame @Tort for making me add this 3rd option :P

If one does not feel like using either discord or google (like @Tort), I can create an account and give them there client token... using private chat of some sort...

But it become a manual process.

You can figure I don't want to use that account creation too often.

2 hours ago, Snakyta said:

Hi all.

I did many manipulations, but when i try the "read log file now", i have a "File content is not valid".

I launched in game the /bind_load_file "d:.... .txt" successfully, my token is valid... But what's the problem ?

(If any answer are in french, it could be cool too 😉 )

You are really really not lucky, I don't know a single word of french....

oh wait I do...

Tel que stipulé par @Mister Mass, il est nécéssaire d'activer l'option "Log Chat" :

image.png.ddf92d9d08188d42e07b4250d7e00906.png

Une fois que c'est fait, il faut malheureusement se reloggé pour que le contenue du fichier soit valide.

Cette démarche doit etre faite pour chaque toon ou l'on désire utiliser cet outil.

Laisse moi savoir si ceci regle la problématique? Sinon on regardera autre chose.

---

In english in case someone else need this tip:

As stated by @Mister Mass, it's necessary to acticate the "Log Chat" option.

Once that is done, sadly you have to relog in order for the file content to be valid.

Those steps need to be done for each toon you care to use the client tool with.

Let me know if this resolve the issue? if not will try something else.

---

1 hour ago, xeaon said:

I got aware that the validation I had put in place so only homecoming data get published is no longer working if you install the game on a new PC / format your drive and do a clean install.

I will try to fix that ASAP.

This new client :

image.png.af6c92e5b0c177a9f25020bbd013a42d.png

Should fix your issue.

8 hours ago, xeaon said:

There is discord and google login options.

Alternatively there is an hidden login that use the client token as a key to login...

*try CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+L from the login screen to display this option*

image.png.b6d5a31f042de8c4e337835315e4e696.png

I blame @Tort for making me add this 3rd option 😛

If one does not feel like using either discord or google (like @Tort), I can create an account and give them there client token... using private chat of some sort...

But it become a manual process.

You can figure I don't want to use that account creation too often.

At least you didn't plum for stalker book 😆

I'll use Google on this 👍

Edited by Lunchmoney

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

Just been thinking about this, now bear in mind I know nothing about coding and stuff, but would it be possible to link the login to the CoH login?

2 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

Just been thinking about this, now bear in mind I know nothing about coding and stuff, but would it be possible to link the login to the CoH login?

...or this forum login...

Keep in mind, I'm just a "forum user" / "player" just like you and not affiliated with the Homecoming team.

I was able to implement Discord and Google logins, because they are offering Oauth2 to third parties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OAuth#OAuth_2.0

I am not aware the Homecoming team have that or have plan to add that feature in the future.

*** tap tap tap (on the mic) HELLO... HELLO ... anyone here ? ***

@HomecomingTeam: you guys are awesome, if this topic give you ideas.... I'm not that far 🙂

• Like 1

Just downloaded and tested.

I've put the tool in my folder with the cityofheroes.exe.

Run tool, validated my client token. 

Cannot select any account. 

Tried pointing the tool at my logs folder. 

Cannot select any account. 

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but as far as I can tell I'm following the instructions perfectly. 

Is there any way to view a checklist style list of my toons badges? This tracks the raw number nicely, (thank you), but I'm hoping for help figuring out what I should be working on next.

On 5/18/2020 at 1:24 PM, Hezz said:

Is there any way to view a checklist style list of my toons badges? This tracks the raw number nicely, (thank you), but I'm hoping for help figuring out what I should be working on next.

Click on My Account to bring up the globals registered to your account, and select one of your characters you have tracked. It will show a badge list with the various badge types, and the total amount of each (Accolade 131/131, etc). If you click on one of those options it will show you a full list of the badges under that section, with a check mark beside the badges you already have. At the top there will also be an option you can click to show the missing badges only.

• Thanks 2

Hi, help please, am totally confused what is going here, I select the download section and get the two files, the zip file and the txt file.

I have downloaded and used the zip file and got my account working but.... when I click on the txt file it just opens it up so I can see all the data and I cannot figer out how to download it.

Have tried four browsers and all do the same.

Do I have to select all that data and then create a file and copy paste or is something going on with my machine.

Am stuck without that txt file in place.

Thanks so much.

Update: finally got a downloaded txt file and installed as per guide. I can manually settitle ingame and have the app read it from chat log and offer to publish it, so the app is working as intended. However no matter what I do I cannot get the bind load file command ingame to work, unable to use txt file or unknown command or game  changes all my backslash’s to forward slashes and then fails!

Also have tried the new popup menu method and again no sign of it ingame. Think I will just abandon this and go get a pencil and paper.

Am running win 10 at max screen res and everything turned up to 11 with great gameplay and all game software is installed in normal location, just seems to be fighting me every line of code atm. Cheers

UPDATE ver02

Ignore all above, slept and reapplied brain and all issues except one sorted and am on the leaderboards and am a happy puppy.

Need to sort out the popupmenu issue but that is a minor problem atm.

Now back to the serious stuff, seems I never actually got the Kraken lol. Cheers

Edited by Jacktar
Update