Focused Feedback: Electrical Affinity - Name

Jimmy

If one cowers away from "Shock Therapy" then what happens when one comes across a Pain Domination defender?  Hide?

You going to rename Pain to "Discomfort Affinity" or something?

Edited by r0y
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, r0y said:

If one cowers away from "Shock Therapy" then what happens when one comes across a Pain Domination defender?  Hide?

That set was designed specifically for villains and doesn't reference something done to hurt vulnerable groups.

1 minute ago, SwitchFade said:

Has anyone seen my horse? Could'a sworn it was here...

Was it named "Shock Therapy" ?  If so, I believe we've beaten it long past its expiration date...

Edited by r0y
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Has anyone seen my horse? Could'a sworn it was here...

Here, I found it for you:

image.png.f61767667dd513030dae5a4b66777f62.png

42 minutes ago, r0y said:

Was it named "Shock Therapy" ?  If so, I believe we've beaten it long past its expiration date...

Every time I saw that name, all I could see was this smirking face in my head:

image.png.06f1c294c3330f8cad9612a5f5623adb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
I'm out.

On 3/24/2020 at 8:41 AM, Fire Chief said:

Shock Therapy was such a cool name for a powerset rest in affinity very cool name 😞 

As someone fighting depression most of their life and I know people that have had to go through it, it's not cool at all.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:11 PM, r0y said:

On 3/25/2020 at 11:25 AM, Anmorata said:

As someone fighting depression most of their life and I know people that have had to go through it, it's not cool at all.

You wanna talk about your depression that's ok (been there too) but for someone who has been afflicted with chronic pain to the point of disability and knowing relatives/friends who are also afflicted and mine all of my adult life why shouldn't I be offended by pain domination (but I'm not, not at all). This is ridiculous to be soooo upset about a name in a video game to the point of having it changed and the only reason I even replied to this post was because I'm tired of other agendas always taking there cause to the forefront and me/others stay silent. Believe me anything in RL I can leave behind and truly enjoy what this game brings to me in my pain therapy as a most outstanding game (hence taking my mind off my pain) but then somehow can be changed by a few offended by a name is really silly to me 'specially with char names running around in game wayyyyyy more offensive then shock therapy. Sooooo again lets just put it to rest for "affinity" plz and ty and enjoy this awesome game, gotta fly TC

• Thanks 3

Bill3.jpg.f1ff7a242b7765691cf45caa5d829f5a.jpg

My DA page

—“too soon old, and too late smart.”  

1 hour ago, Fire Chief said:

You wanna talk about your depression that's ok (been there too) but for someone who has been afflicted with chronic pain to the point of disability and knowing relatives/friends who are also afflicted and mine all of my adult life why shouldn't I be offended by pain domination (but I'm not, not at all). This is ridiculous to be soooo upset about a name in a video game to the point of having it changed and the only reason I even replied to this post was because I'm tired of other agendas always taking there cause to the forefront and me/others stay silent. Believe me anything in RL I can leave behind and truly enjoy what this game brings to me in my pain therapy as a most outstanding game (hence taking my mind off my pain) but then somehow can be changed by a few offended by a name is really silly to me 'specially with char names running around in game wayyyyyy more offensive then shock therapy. Sooooo again lets just put it to rest for "affinity" plz and ty and enjoy this awesome game, gotta fly TC

Pain Domination isn't remotely similar bad implications wise to all the countless evidence of horrible things done with Shock Therapy. They changed the name which is fine. I am sick of hearing about ''Oh why are people are so sensitive?'' constantly though.

Seriously, this complaining has gotten old several pages ago.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sleepymoth said:

Seriously, this complaining has gotten old several pages ago.

The complaining about the name change was old even before this thread started, however, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

• Like 3

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

51 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

The complaining about the name change was old even before this thread started, however, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

"It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating."

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

• Jimmy unpinned this topic
  • Jimmy locked this topic