Jump to content

Spines/Bio for farming purposes


Recommended Posts

So I first off the only Brute I've ever created was a stone/stone Brute on live which I leveled to... 20 I guess?
Now I really like the look of spines and the bio armor parts, and having near to none experience on how I wanna build my brute I went for the looks only.

 

He is now 43 and when it comes to doing just the regular content I don't regret picking this combination at all.

However, as for now I don't have a single character dedicated for farming purposes so I wonder If I could also build him towards AE farming (perhaps making a second build for exactly that purpose that I can switch to).

 

I guess if I'd ask if he can compete with spines/fire or rad/fire the answer would probably be no, judging from the fact that all the farming builds I saw all over the forums are nearly always spines/fire or rad/fire, and I obviously can't do any fire farms with bio afaik.

But whar about lets say... smashing/lethal farm maps or anything around that corner?

 

Is spines/bio viable of being a decent farmer or would it more likely be a pushover when it comes to fighting hordes of bosses?

 

Edited by Smites
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright I'm going to try to tackle your questions and concerns in the most concise but maybe harsh if needed way possible...

 

13 hours ago, Smites said:

Now I really like the look of spines and the bio armor parts, and having near to none experience on how I wanna build my brute I went for the looks only.

 

Here's what I've found with building Bio Scrappers/Tankers/Stalkers, you can cap S/L, and you can softcap S/L/E/N/F/C/M in most cases, it may require the use of an incarnate alpha in agility/barrier to fill in the final gaps though. You most likely won't cap other resistances, but you have a high absorb shield that can be auto'd with hasten once you bind the macros and it can effectively be very good for most content. You may deal with "cascading failure" such as enemies that do a hefty amount of -def (think cimmies).

 

13 hours ago, Smites said:

He is now 43 and when it comes to doing just the regular content I don't regret picking this combination at all.

However, as for now I don't have a single character dedicated for farming purposes so I wonder If I could also build him towards AE farming (perhaps making a second build for exactly that purpose that I can switch to).

Here's my thoughts on this, IF you have the money to splurge, I would hands down make a rad/fiery/mu brute instead... it is much faster and actually is quite a beast for even regular content (if you make a separate build for that) and is a combination I actually "mained" (although switched to TW/Bio Scrapper) because of how well it farms just about everything... definitely not cheap though and not a tanker.

 

13 hours ago, Smites said:

 

But whar about lets say... smashing/lethal farm maps or anything around that corner?

 

Is spines/bio viable of being a decent farmer or would it more likely be a pushover when it comes to fighting hordes of bosses?

It's not the absolute best, Rad Armor is actually a slightly better farmer mainly due to the fact that its AOEs can be turned into really good proc monsters, but to answer your question, it CAN do S/L farms and it will be alright at them. You will not get 3-4 minute complete clears most likely, but you may end up with 5-6 minute clears, sometimes 4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot for your Input.

 

I do have around a billion to spend currently from I guess doing regular content, converting stuff to sell it and not having any recent expenses.

Idk if thats enough to build a decent farmer right away or if I should see it more as a long term goal but I think I'll go with a rad/fire/mu brute then. I was just a little hesitant to do so because I never planned on making a character for only that purpose and therefore looked for something more original, especially for a character that I would also like to play even when I don't intend to farm.

Ill just use him to get the money to propper outfit my spines/bio/brute alter on then. ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...