Homecoming Statistics: March 2020

Cipher

You have failed me for the last time: Empathy spammers.  Seriously though, how is a buff set that bad/outclassed so popular on Defenders when it's so much less (understandably) played across the other 3 ATs with access to the buff sets?  Meanwhile sets that can easily scratch that Empathy itch like Thermal (my Therm easily has a gapless heal-chain of Warmth+Cauterize) and which also provide actual debuffs and some sort of worthwhile kill-time-reduction to the team languish in obscurity?  Empathy's lead is worse than Fiery Aura's on Brutes because those farmers don't actually do regular content: the mass Healers do.  It's not hyperbole to say that they'd bring more to most teams with any set other than Force Field or TA.  Actually no, TA would indeed bring more to Incarnated God teams than Empathy does.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

--------------------

Be the labor great or small, do it well or not at all...

Never use the phrase "tryhard" in my presence.

13 minutes ago, ShinMagmus said:

You have failed me for the last time: Empathy spammers.  Seriously though, how is a buff set that bad/outclassed so popular on Defenders when it's so much less (understandably) played across the other 3 ATs with access to the buff sets?  Meanwhile sets that can easily scratch that Empathy itch like Thermal (my Therm easily has a gapless heal-chain of Warmth+Cauterize) and which also provide actual debuffs and some sort of worthwhile kill-time-reduction to the team languish in obscurity?  Empathy's lead is worse than Fiery Aura's on Brutes because those farmers don't actually do regular content: the mass Healers do.  It's not hyperbole to say that they'd bring more to most teams with any set other than Force Field or TA.  Actually no, TA would indeed bring more to Incarnated God teams than Empathy does.

Most of the Empathy Defenders were created in April through June by people who only played WoW and WoW clone MMOGs.  They wanted to play a "healer" because that's what they always play in WoW and/or a WoW clone MMOG, saw Empathy and went, "Oooooooooh, healer!  I'll play that."

They made the Empathy Defender, took only their default attack, got power leveled to level 50, and took the full Medicine pool "because that's what healers do."  Then they went through all of the Incarnate trials, went "That's it?" and quit.

Seriously.

I couldn't move through Atlas Park without bumping into an Empathy Defender every ten feet back then, and most of them never took any of their secondary beyond their default attack.  Then there was all the "Looking for a healer!" spam in LFG by other people who only played WoW and/or a WoW clone MMOG before.

• Like 6

Excellent! Can we request some new unicorn numbers also? It seemed to spark folks trying new combos.

Example:

205 Ice Armor Battle Ax 5

Edited by Troo
additional info
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, ShinMagmus said:

Because thematically it matches what a lot of people want to play.  Same reason we'd have a ton of flying fire blasters even if the set wasn't good.  Or SS and WP are the #2 sets for brute if you don't count farming.  And for anyone not power leveling, it's pretty decent for quite some time and is great in 2 person teams.  It only sucks in 8 man teams/raids.  The real problem with it is the fact that the large number of people playing it means it will never get the balance look that it really needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GM Tahquitz said:

Laughing that all his toons are not FOTM in the least (...and it shows with all of the faceplants.) 😄

So are mine: 20 DP/Fire blasters, 44 Staff/DA brutes, 33 Ill/Sonic controllers, 57 Elec/Elec stalkers, and 24 Rad/StJ tankers.   And the squishies faceplant pretty often too, gotta finish up their builds someday...

Thanks, @Cipher!

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

I'm one of the six Sonic/Ninja Blasters checking in.  A strange combo for sure that I was inspired to roll upon seeing those two sets being the overall least played for Blaster (and only one at 50 from the last time stats rolled out).  What a weird trip that ended up being, but still a cool one that's both unique in play (a Blaster with lots of control capabilities) and paradoxical in theme (ninjas aren't normally shattering eardrums).

There's so much data to go through, at this point are there any powerset combos for any AT not at 50?  I see a couple ones on the list but i'd be curious if anything's still overlooked.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Blasters

Archery/Atomic – 1 out of 14
Water/TA – 1 out of 34
Rad/Fire – 1 out of 58

Brutes

Spines/Fire – 1 out of 8964
Rad/Fire – 1 out of 3423
Savage/Fire – 1 out of 185
MA/Elec – 1 out of 7

Controller

Fire/Kin – 1 out of 2459
Dark/Dark – 1 out of 594

Corrupter

Fire/Kin – 1 out of 589
Fire/Time - 1 out of 483
Ice/Cold – 1 out of 233

Defender

Storm/Sonic – 1 out of 24
Nature/Dark – 1 out of 28
Beam/Poison 1 out of 21

Dominator

Mind/Psi – 1 out of 388
Plant/Fire – 1 out of 153
Elec/Dark – 1 out of 17

Mastermind

Robots/Nature – 1 out of 43

Scrapper

TW/Bio – 1 out of 593
Rad/Shield – 1 out of 43
Ice/Bio – 1 out of 9

Stalker

STJ/Invul – 1 out of 27
Elec/Bio – 1 out of 30

Tanker

Rad/Savage – 1 out of 23
Fire/Staff – 1 out 17

I also have a Widow (Fortunata) and a SoA (Bane). I also had a DP/WP Sentinel, but deleted that a while ago.

@Vea/@Vae/@Vew - You can call me V.

6 hours ago, Troo said:

Excellent! Can we request some new unicorn numbers also? It seemed to spark folks trying new combos.

Example:

205 Ice Armor Battle Ax 5

How about there's still no 50s!

BLASTER:

There's a 50 for every combination of Blaster

BRUTE:

There's zero 50s for:

Claws/Stone Armour

Ice Melee/Super Reflexes

Katana/Stone Armour

CONTROLLER

There's a 50 for every combination of Controller

CORRUPTOR

There's a 50 for every combination of Corruptor

DEFENDER

There's zero 50s for:

Cold Domination/Assault Rifle

Sonic Debuff/Assault Rifle

Traps/Psychic Blast

Trick Arrow/Radiation Blast

DOMINATOR

There's a 50 for every combination of Dominators

MASTERMIND

There's a 50 for every combination of Mastermind

SCRAPPER
There's no 50 for Kinetic Attack/Dark Armour

SENTINEL

There's zero 50s for:

Archery/Ice Armour

Energy Blast/Ice Armour

STALKER

There's no 50 for Claws/Fiery Aura

TANKER

There's no 50 for Stone Armour/Claws

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

9 hours ago, ShinMagmus said:

Empathy is fine when played to its strengths, and it's quite powerful when paired with Sonic Attack.

Please don't trash the set when you can educate players instead:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, summers said:

BRUTE:

There's zero 50s for:

Claws/Stone Armour

TANKER

There's no 50 for Stone Armour/Claws

The game actually doesn't allow this powerset combination for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

11 hours ago, Sylar said:

Looks like people only play Spines/FA just to farm which is super boring, there are other sets people 🤣

Looks like they REALLY enjoy playing this “boring set” relative to just about anything else in the game!  Compared to how much they play there are entire AT’s that must be more “boring” to play.

We also don’t know what they are playing content-wise.  I suspect much of it is AE but I also see quite a few on iTrials and PVE content.  But I also think this number is highly representative of the popularity of AFK farmers.  I have one and it’s almost always logged in earning influence and drops during slow parts of the day, often for several hours at a time.  

The total population drop that happened in Aug/Sep was noticeable.  Let’s hope end of school year coming brings back some summer players but I’m doubtful.

Edited by Crysis
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Crysis said:

The total population drop that happened in Aug/Sep was noticeable.  Let’s hope end of school year coming brings back some summer players but I’m doubtful.

I'm wondering if there are any ways to advertise the existence of COH homecoming on more mainstream outlets such as MMO gaming news feeds, etc.

If people paid, and COH was willing, would the dev team ever consider putting a YouTube add?

Let's see here:

Tanker main: Invuln/Dark Melee.  Reasonably popular. 

Blaster main: Archery/Devices.  Reasonably popular.

Brute main: Radiation/Electric Armor.  Very unusual

Scrapper main: Kinetic/Radiation Armoe.  Rather unusual

Stalker main: Ninja/Ninja Unoriginality, thou art made in Japan.

Mastermind main: Beast/Time.  Boring.

Dominator main:  Mind/Fire. Boring.

Corruptor main: Psy/Dark. Rather unusual.

Controller main: Illusion/Radiation.  Super boring

Not sure I've even rolled a Defender.  I have a Widow I haven't started on, no Kheldians of either flavor. 

It seems like the more comfortable I am playing an AT, the more unusual choices I am willing to make. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291