Sign in to follow this  
Unaltered

Looking for A good Beam Rifle build for Corr

Looking for something that would pair good with Beam Rifle already have a time and storm something to pair well with BR's debuffs or a proc monster build please help with ideas?

I like traps. It was a thought of a ghostbuster-esque feel to a character, and can solo fairly well. The issue is on teams you won't have enough time to get to setup all your traps.

On 3/5/2020 at 3:26 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

I like traps. It was a thought of a ghostbuster-esque feel to a character, and can solo fairly well. The issue is on teams you won't have enough time to get to setup all your traps.

Trip Mines no.  Not unless you are scouting ahead but that’s not welcomed in many teams.  

But procc’ed up Caltrops and your FFG are always available for teaming.  As is your entire primary and all of your pools.  And for AV’s and such toe bombing, poison trap and acid mortar are all going to be very useful.

Honestly, in the late game Brutes, Scrappers and Blasters pretty much make almost all buffing/debuffing secondaries obsolete relative to everyone having iPowers and a massive nuke.  Damage is all that matters outside of AV battles.  

tell you what, even late game on an ITF, everyone REALLY appreciates you dropping poison mine and mortar at the feet of incoming cyclopes and minotaurs.

Those things often take WAY too long to kill.

I went beam/dark to double up on -res and -regen. Beam is also ranged/cones and dark plays well with that (if you go with something with a PBAOE debuff aura it will be hard to apply and get good spread for your cones). I went for a pulp science fiction theme and the /dark is themed as interdimensional energy.

The character's name is "Raygun Gothic".

Edited by pyrocumulus

Beam/Traps

Capped Ranged/Melee so easy with FFG X_x

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 1: Web Grenade -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Caltrops -- Rgn-Knock%(A)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(42)
Level 8: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Acid Mortar -- ShlBrk-%Dam(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(11), GldJvl-Dam%(11), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(13), Acc-I(15)
Level 12: Lancer Shot -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Force Field Generator -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(17), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), RedFrt-Def(19), RedFrt-EndRdx(21)
Level 18: Penetrating Ray -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(31), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(33), StnoftheM-Dam%(34)
Level 20: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Dam%(21), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(27), GldNet-Dam%(29), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(29)
Level 22: Triage Beacon -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(23), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(25), Prv-Absorb%(27)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Piercing Beam -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(34), JvlVll-Dam%(36), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(36), PstBls-Dam%(36)
Level 28: Seeker Drones -- CldSns-%Dam(A), GldJvl-Dam%(37), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(37), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(37), SphIns-ToHitDeb(39), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)
Level 32: Overcharge -- SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)
Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 38: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A), GssSynFr--Build%(43)
Level 44: Dark Consumption -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(45), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Obl-%Dam(46)
Level 47: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-Max HP%(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 16% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 17.88% Defense(Melee)
  • 11.94% Defense(Smashing)
  • 11.94% Defense(Lethal)
  • 6% Defense(Fire)
  • 6% Defense(Cold)
  • 14.75% Defense(Energy)
  • 14.75% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 19.75% Defense(Ranged)
  • 6% Defense(AoE)
  • 7.2% Max End
  • 6.25% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 10% Enhancement(Range)
  • 25% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 88.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 19.5% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 164.7 HP (15.37%) HitPoints
  • 19.5% JumpHeight
  • 19.5% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 31.25%
  • MezResist(Held) 31.25%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 31.25%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 31.25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 31.25%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 31.25%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 12% (0.2 End/sec) Recovery
  • 38% (1.7 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 15% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 6% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 6% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 10.5% Resistance(Fire)
  • 10.5% Resistance(Cold)
  • 2.25% Resistance(Energy)
  • 2.25% Resistance(Negative)
  • 19.5% SpeedRunning

On 3/31/2020 at 7:30 AM, Crysis said:

Honestly, in the late game Brutes, Scrappers and Blasters pretty much make almost all buffing/debuffing secondaries obsolete relative to everyone having iPowers and a massive nuke.  Damage is all that matters outside of AV battles.  

This right here makes my BR/Therm Def boring for 99% of the content. Is there a thread addressing the ease of the content and the lack of needing team diversity or even in some cases a team...? 

2 hours ago, Lady War said:

This right here makes my BR/Therm Def boring for 99% of the content. Is there a thread addressing the ease of the content and the lack of needing team diversity or even in some cases a team...? 

The way to fix this is to be the one that takes all the alphas... ^_^ T_T