Upgrade bane

dinatar

2 hours ago, nzer said:

As far as I know recharge enhancements do affect Mind Link, you just can't directly slot recharge IOs. Defense sets with recharge and hami-Os will both work.

Edit: It just occurred to me you probably want it "fixed" so recharge from enhancements doesn't affect it at all. Personally, I don't see a lot of value in restricting perma Mind Link to 800+ mil builds.

recharge is not a listed enhancement type that it accepts. Or else youd be able to slot in a recharge SO. You can bypass this thru an oversight via IOs  

It's not a big issue but it makes the base recharge difference between forts and banes have no meaning. It wasnt intended to be that way.

2 hours ago, Frosticus said:

recharge is not a listed enhancement type that it accepts. Or else youd be able to slot in a recharge SO. You can bypass this thru an oversight via IOs  

It's not a big issue but it makes the base recharge difference between forts and banes have no meaning. It wasnt intended to be that way.

If you mean forts and night widows, the difference in base recharge makes it significantly easier to perma on a night widow than on a fort.

It wasnt intended to be that way.

IOs predate VEATs, so I'm not sure why you think this.

4 minutes ago, nzer said:

If you mean forts and night widows, the difference in base recharge makes it significantly easier to perma on a night widow than on a fort.

IOs predate VEATs, so I'm not sure why you think this.

yes, sorry meant NW and forts.

sigh. If you were meant to slot recharge into the power it would take recharge enhancements. Like I said, oversight.

It doesn't really matter compared to some things in this game, but it would differentiate NW's and forts considerably if it was fixed. As it is trivial to get the power perma on either right now.

And NO, hami's do NOT improve the recharge of mind link. Only IO's do.

Still intended?

8 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

As it is trivial to get the power perma on either right now.

Uhm, no. Night widow can get it with 5 LotGs, a full Reactive Defense set in mind link, and three recharge IOs in hasten, whereas a fort gets it at roughly the same time as perma hasten. One takes ~50 mil, the other takes 500+ mil. They both get it, but one gets it at level ~32 with minimal investment, and the other only gets it with a fully purpled endgame build.

What you're suggesting, on the other hand, would allow night widows to get it with a standard endgame build, but prevent forts from ever getting it.

21 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

Still intended?

Something's definitely unintended here, but I don't think it's that defense/tohit IO sets with recharge reduction affect the recharge of mind link. Again, IOs were added in issue 9, VEATs were added in issue 12, and the game shut down during issue 23. What you're calling an "oversight" could have been fixed before VEATs shipped or at any point in the four years after they shipped, and it wasn't.

Frankly, there's no reason for mind link not to take recharge enhancements directly. Farsight, the exact same buff but stronger, can be perma'd without any global recharge at all.

Cost may have been an argument that might have held water on the live servers, but come on.

Buy cheap def set IO, convert to luck of the gambler, convert to +global rech. WST are the most popular activity, so merrits (ie converters are easy to come by).

My fort had it perma (or maybe a couple seconds off) by lvl 40. I gift all my characters 25 mil. 

Things slip through and remain sometimes. The notion that slotting recharge in mind link is only supposed to be for "people in the know" is a bit silly. A normal user isn't going to make the leap that it can't accept recharge SO/IO's to magically putting in def/rech IO's. Even up above, you yourself didn't realize that it is restricted to one specific subset of enhancements as Hami's don't work despite being multi typed like set IO's.

At any rate, OP asked why banes and NW's are less popular than their counterparts. Bugged mind link is maybe a reason.

I'd personally vote that they allow all rech enhancements myself and then buff NW's (and banes as discussed earlier).

Ditch the ranged attacks or speed up their animations.  Id love to get the Whirling Smash thing that mace has or even a second melee cone

the two AoEs are low damage, but fast recharge with horrible activation times and they do not minicrit from Cloak

7 hours ago, Frosticus said:

6 hours ago, nzer said:

Something's definitely unintended here, but I don't think it's that defense/tohit IO sets with recharge reduction affect the recharge of mind link. Again, IOs were added in issue 9, VEATs were added in issue 12, and the game shut down during issue 23. What you're calling an "oversight" could have been fixed before VEATs shipped or at any point in the four years after they shipped, and it wasn't.

Hami-O's don't buff Recharge in Mind Link for the same reason Hami-O's don't buff the non-boostable attributes of other sets that don't take those specific IOs. That is: the game won't allow a ToHit buff boost (from the same Hami-O) in a set that doesn't take ToHit IOs but does take recharge. Originally this is how Hami-O's worked, but it was not what was intended(tm) and was changed.

It is possible to boost the recharge time of Mind Link using the pure Recharge enhancement from Adjusted Targeting. My preferred slotting for Mind Link is attuned 3-slots: Adjusted Targeting: Recharge, LotG:Def/Global Recharge, LotG: Def/Recharge. Any (good to lvl 50) X/Recharge Defense or ToHit used  in the third slot will get you almost maximal performance. You can eek out a little more, but Enhancement Diversification eats into the time more than it is worth using a fourth slot. YMMV, but that's all I've ever needed.

Edited by tidge
spleling

I personally don't even like the mace attacks. I'd just like to stay with the huntsman gun attacks.  Unfortunately if you go with the Crab path you get the crab backpack so if you want to do a Huntsman, you are stuck with Bane. I'm fine with the passive and support powers in Bane even though Cloaking Device doesn't add much since you're not sneaking up and conking people on the head, but even Build Up pulls out the mace and thus causes redraw of the gun.

If you guys end up poking at Bane could you consider adding a couple exclusive powers (as in, you take these instead of the bane counterparts) to the pool to enable a huntsman/arbiter type build more do-able? Specifically a 2nd build up or equivalent (I'd even be fine with Aim) that uses the gun animation, and a shooty T9 exclusive against Crowd Control. Something along the lines of Full Auto from Assault Rifle.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!