Proc Question 2.0

Ironscarlet

Need Help...

The question I cant find answer to after searching. Do proc IO in powers that loose the set type still work. 

For example

Swap Ammo

If you switch the ammo and loose the KB will force feedback not go off.?

or  

If you do not have cryo ammo on do you loose the Impeded swiftness proc (slow set)

So does proc go off power activation or secondary effect activation?

This is not a PPM question. The question I cant find will a proc go off if there is no secondary effect going off that its set is tied to but allowed to slot.

For Dual Pistols, all the procs will work no matter which ammo you use. 

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

As for a more general response, there are cases where a proc could be in a power and it won't proc.

For example, Oil Slick takes many types of procs, including debuffs and target AoE damage. However, when you cast oil slick, it creates a patch (pseudopet) that only takes the debuff enhancements (as the oil slick does not do damage). When you light the oil slick on fire, it creates a 2nd patch that takes on just those target AoE damage enhancements. The 2nd patch will proc separately from the first patch (it still exists after lighting).

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

1 minute ago, Ironscarlet said:

Pseudopets don't proc at all got it .

Incorrect. The oil slick, and the burning oil slick, are both pseudopets. They both proc, but they simply are a special case where they dont take every proc you slotted into the Oil Slick power. They split them up. So all the debuff procs are only triggered by the original oil slick (first pet), while the target AoE procs are only triggered by the burning oil slick (2nd pet). Keep in mind, when you light the oil slick on fire, your combat log will show "you defeated oil slick". That's not actually true, as the original oil slick will still exist afterwards, debuffing and procing enemies.

2 hours ago, Bopper said:

Incorrect. The oil slick, and the burning oil slick, are both pseudopets. They both proc, but they simply are a special case where they dont take every proc you slotted into the Oil Slick power. They split them up. So all the debuff procs are only triggered by the original oil slick (first pet), while the target AoE procs are only triggered by the burning oil slick (2nd pet). Keep in mind, when you light the oil slick on fire, your combat log will show "you defeated oil slick". That's not actually true, as the original oil slick will still exist afterwards, debuffing and procing enemies.

How is that possible when things like spring attack and Shield charge gain no bonus from procs?

Edited by Ironscarlet

42 minutes ago, Ironscarlet said:

How is that possible when things like spring attack and Shield charge gain no bonus from procs?

What do you mean? 

19 minutes ago, Bopper said:

What do you mean? 

For example I originally thought Spring attack took damage procs it allowed me to slot Armageddon, Obliteration, Eradication, and other damage procs. None of them procc'ed. So I was very confused Force feedback proc but no damage proc ever went off. So I asked in Help chat very confused and was told no damage proc work on psuedopets. Went to my Tank with Shield charge Armageddon, and obliteration proc in them which I always believed worked for almost 6 months could not see any proc in combat log even  adjusted logs to show pet damage and so forth. Nothing so turn my world upside down last week.  I am 100% spring attack would not proc any damage sets. Shield charge I'am still not sure it does a lot of damage but could not see procs maybe its was just regular damage all this time.  Oil slick might be a different story, but for the other tele-nuke psuedopets do none of them work with damage procs?

Edited by Ironscarlet

I think this is related to psuedo pets.   How do procs work in rain powers?   For example, damage procs, knockdown proc, or the annihalation -res proc can be slotted in rain of fire, do they do anything?

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

@Shred MonkeyI have a guide that covers Procs, including rain powers (which are pseudopets)

@Ironscarletwhen did you first notice this behavior with Spring Attack and Shield Charge? I recall there being a bug with Spring Attack not procing, but I assumed that was fixed by now. The shield charge info is surprising. I will test both out on the test server later tonight and see if what you're saying is accurate. If so, it's a bug. Pseudopets do proc. They should proc at a probability of

Probability = PPM / [6 * (1 + 0.75*0.15*Radius)]

Edited by Bopper

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

@Shred MonkeyI have a guide that covers Procs, including rain powers (which are pseudopets)

@Ironscarletwhen did you first notice this behavior with Spring Attack and Shield Charge? I recall there being a bug with Spring Attack not procing, but I assumed that was fixed by now. The shield charge info is surprising. I will test both out on the test server later tonight and see if what you're saying is accurate. If so, it's a bug. Pseudopets do proc. They should proc at a probability of

Probability = PPM / [6 * (1 + 0.75*0.15*Radius)]

It was last week. Don't worry about shield charge just jump in my Tank Obliteration and scirocco proc which is a relief but could not  get Armageddon out of 5 charges. Maybe I just had a bad night of rolls last week. 

When it comes to spring attack I saw no procs. So there was a bug with spring attack before?

Edit 

So I just jump on test server for Spring Attack it will proc Force feedback which I knew but still cant get any damage proc. Let me know if you have any luck.

Edited by Ironscarlet

42 minutes ago, Ironscarlet said:

It was last week. Don't worry about shield charge just jump in my Tank Obliteration and scirocco proc which is a relief but could not  get Armageddon out of 5 charges. Maybe I just had a bad night of rolls last week. 

When it comes to spring attack I saw no procs. So there was a bug with spring attack before?

Edit 

So I just jump on test server for Spring Attack it will proc Force feedback which I knew but still cant get any damage proc. Let me know if you have any luck.

Your findings are the same as mine. I tested Shield Charge, Lightning Rod, and Spring Attack. Shield Charge and Lightning Rod triggered a ton, as the FF proc and damage procs lit up my combat log. As for Spring Attack, I only saw the FF proc. 

For Spring Attack, I also tested the use of a Damage IO, and I noticed my Spring Attack's damage did not change when I had the Damage IO or not. So that made me think the pseudopet does not accept damage IOs (bug) which would explain why the PBAoE damage procs would not trigger.

However, the FF proc and the Explosive Strike proc both are Knockback procs. I saw the FF proc all the time, I never saw the Explosive Strike proc. So something fishy is going on there.

I'll see if there are any outstanding bug reports on Spring Attack, and I'll add these findings.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bopper said:

However, the FF proc and the Explosive Strike proc both are Knockback procs. I saw the FF proc all the time, I never saw the Explosive Strike proc. So something fishy is going on there.

It's not fishy, and it doesn't invalidate your theory that the pseudopet in Spring Attack isn't accepting any enhancements.

You're seeing FF proc because the activation power (the one that teleports you and summons the pseudopet) is triggering the FF proc upon you. It's a separate power and it seems to be taking enhancements and thus activating procs. But then the pseudopet is summoned, and that's not taking enhancements... so it's not activating knockback procs upon the enemies, thus Explosive Strike can't trigger (because it's triggered when a knockback power is activated upon enemies, not just activated). However, FF proc will trigger upon activating any Knockback power whether there is a target in the area or not, because it's triggering upon the user rather than upon any targets.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Coyote said:

It's not fishy, and it doesn't invalidate your theory that the pseudopet in Spring Attack isn't accepting any enhancements.

You're seeing FF proc because the activation power (the one that teleports you and summons the pseudopet) is triggering the FF proc upon you. It's a separate power and it seems to be taking enhancements and thus activating procs. But then the pseudopet is summoned, and that's not taking enhancements... so it's not activating knockback procs upon the enemies, thus Explosive Strike can't trigger (because it's triggered when a knockback power is activated upon enemies, not just activated). However, FF proc will trigger upon activating any Knockback power whether there is a target in the area or not, because it's triggering upon the user rather than upon any targets.

Excellent catch. You're right.