The "Complete" Guide to Human-Form Warshading

• 2 months later
  • 2 months later

Thanks for the absurdly good guide and the discussion that followed. I mained a PB back on live (after getting a defender to 50) and played one on here. 

I'd like to give a human-form a go, but with a focus on melee (fortunatas have ruined me for non-hybrid builds). How viable is is with the fighting pool to fill out the attack chain? 

I like the fighting pool; it's a complete proc-magnet and while none of the powers are amazing, they're also perfectly adequate. Anyone done this?

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• 2 weeks later
On 8/19/2020 at 1:54 AM, Gulbasaur said:

Thanks for the absurdly good guide and the discussion that followed. I mained a PB back on live (after getting a defender to 50) and played one on here. 

I'd like to give a human-form a go, but with a focus on melee (fortunatas have ruined me for non-hybrid builds). How viable is is with the fighting pool to fill out the attack chain? 

I like the fighting pool; it's a complete proc-magnet and while none of the powers are amazing, they're also perfectly adequate. Anyone done this?

Cross punch is great for both PB's and WS's and Human form Shade is no exception. Shadow Blast, Gravity Well and Cross Punch make a decent chain with CP helping to close gaps. Human Shades thrive in melee.
I have a human build on test at the moment that utilizes this and it works well, using boxing for filler (sadly) because it still has a better DPA than Bolt or Eye.

Edited by Doomrider

9 hours ago, Abstergo said:

I never finished leveling my WS, altough It is a dream for me, and I am trying to make him a "Human-form blaster" WS. Is that possible or am I playing the AT wrong?

I think it depends on your definition of a blaster. Many may consider a Blaster primarily if not wholly ranged focus, while others accept that their secondaries (Blaster's) have melee powers and thus hybridize or even favor melee. Human Shades really want to be in or near melee range as many of their best powers (Gravity Well, Sunless Mire, Eclipse, Quasar, Stygian Circle, Orbiting death) require you to be in melee range. That being said, most of those powers have a 15' - 20' radius so you can operate close range rather than right tight to your enemies.