Focused Feedback: Costume Editor Updates (Build 4)

I assume asymmetry with normal auras still isn't a thing?  I would love to be able to have two different color "fists" auras like Serene who has orange fire in one hand and blue in the other.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

2 hours ago, Number Six said:

As @Faultline stated, not in Page 5. But we have something else in mind for this rather than just adding another aura. Stay tuned. 😏

It's a game limitation and not much to be done about, but I had to choose for a glasses wearing character whether to have glasses, or have horns 😞 Since the horns were much more important horns it was.

All of these news are like, HYPE!

I'm really excited to see this feature. One thing I'd like to request for sometime in the future is if we could have more Auras that can be placed on the arms or hands be split into left-only or right-only. There are a couple that are already like that, but several that are still both hands only.

Finally!  My shield tank can have Justice gloves on her shield arm, and Justice W/Plate on her free arm!  No more clipping into the emitter!

1508833825_Screenshot(177).thumb.png.17d4f6901b21087d49c3aaef0418bcf2.png

- Splitting and unsplitting gloves worked as expected.
- Edited colors, linked and unlinked, standard gloves and asymmetrical gloves, all four combinations worked fine.
- Saved and loaded a Beta costume file, loaded and edited a Live costume file with no problems.
- Took her street sweeping outside of Icon with asymmetrical gloves, no animation weirdness noted.

About the only thing I can complain about is jumping back to the default gloves every time you split and unsplit gloves is a bit annoying.  I suspect it can't be helped though, so I'll just have to get used to it. 

Seriously though, if you can keep the existing gloves when you split them, that will make life much easier/more pleasant when editing existing characters. 

Edited by Doc_Scorpion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

As always thank you Homecoming Team.   Were there any new pieces added in?  I was scrolling through gloves and see Fashion Flared and Fashion Tight at the bottom of the list if I select Tops with Skin.  For chest I also see Cybertech 1 - 5 which have a different kind of material pattern.  I love new costume pieces when I can get them 🙂  

Still playing but I noticed as I go down the list for path aura and regular aura sometimes when selecting a new path (or regular) aura the other category deselects and reverts to NONE.  Not a biggee, but wow.... Electrical Aura and Electrical Path Aura!!

Maybe a bug or maybe a preference - After making Asymmetrical costume selections but then selecting Costume Sets from the top of the selection the asymetrical pieces to not conform to the Costume Set selection.

Edited by duane

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

6 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

...snip...
About the only thing I can complain about is jumping back to the default gloves every time you split and unsplit gloves is a bit annoying.  I suspect it can't be helped though, so I'll just have to get used to it. 

Seriously though, if you can keep the existing gloves when you split them, that will make life much easier/more pleasant when editing existing characters. 

What I would recommend is they are split by default (showing right and left), then you toggle the first one (right, I think is listed first?) and that makes it symmetrical.  This way, one picks a glove and if one decides to have them the same, a simple click will lock them (symmetrical); otherwise, rinse-repeat for the next one.  Same for shoulders (when that happens) and boots.

Just a note (which you all probably know or noticed):  The Rocket Boot and Piston Boot do not have an animation when split or when matched (but selected as both Left and Right).

Of course I wanted a single-thruster boot, as well as a single shockwave when jumping...  then I want a pony.

This is great!  I'll echo about some of the shoulder pads being asymmetric.  Other than that I know you've had your hands full with this but for the next round could you guys also see about adding some more costume pieces from the more updated areas of the game?  Sister Solaris' robe for one among other things.  Anyways thanks for this little unexpected tidbit.  

• Thanks 1

Awesome, thanks!

Btw: is there by any chance, that there will be made extra option checkbox, that would disable clientside validation function while switched on, the function that changes the costume after changing costume piece and/or category, this's what it could do: https://imgur.com/cSvTACC.

Note that in that .GIF Pants on the edited character do NOT changed after changing category (because clientside validation function is disabled) from "Pants" to "Tight", which makes possible to put Roman Sandal style after that, as well as Bow Tie shoulder style (w/out switching to Shirts).

Or maybe make category for each region "Everything" that would include all possible styles (e.g. for Lower Body all skirts, pants, skins, tights, boots etc).

Edited by Purrfekshawn

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

• Lead Game Master
29 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Looks like the Spectrum gloves and boots are not in the split features yet.

17 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Costume Editor Update

• Now that the back-end costume changes have receiving enough stability testing, we're happy to bring you some long-awaited updates to the costume editor!
    • Please give these updates a thorough test and let us know if anything looks out of place!
  • Auras have been separated into two slots: Auras and Path Auras
  • Boots and gloves now have an asymmetrical toggle, which can be toggled off to allow separate left and right glove and boot selection
  • Not every set of gloves and boots are available in asymmetrical mode - some have been intentionally omitted, please do not report these as bugs
    • More pieces will be added as they pass internal testing and QA
    • All sets of gloves and boots remain available in symmetrical mode

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

26 minutes ago, GM Korvin said:

Found a Bug in new Costume Editor:

For some reason it began to validate string "BodySetName" within Costume File, and that rendered some of my unique costume not submittable to serverside. Example is this costume:

asg.jpg.76f9095aca6f884550b5cec443b12f97.jpg

These pants have "Pants_Tight" geometry, and that style only can be submitted if that part has a string in it "BodySetName Pants".

BUT Texture1 and Texture2 l used for this costume are "!x_fem_hips_tech_sleek_mask" and "!sf_hips_tech_sleek01_dual" respectively, and that requires to have "BodySetName Tight" in that file. This together made this style not submittable w/out using some extremely ugly boots/whatever required...

On Live the serverside doesn't validate these values (except for Monstrous BodySetName for some reason), but on Test server it does. What change could made it change its behavior?

Possible fix of that is to make new BodySetName - e.g. "BodySetName Everything", when Everything category would contain ALL possible pieces those you could put in that region (upper body/lower body/head). For lnstance all possible tights/pants/skirts and boots those you even can put on your character using whether category.

Edit: it seems some of GEOMETRIES began to verify all TEXTUREs those are not meant to be pleced onto them, while other GEOMETRIES don't, have to investigate that more thoroughly.

Edited by Purrfekshawn
  • Thanks 1

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

2 hours ago, Dreamboat said:

Awesome update! I'll join the train for asymmetrical shoulders while I'm at it. Now I just need a 50/50 chest and legs pattern option...

definitelynotkikaider.thumb.png.8c0a095688969796a5e0e74179f55e3f.png

Wait is that and Android Kikaider homage costume? Don't think I don't see what you're doing...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Faultline said:

This falls under "intentionally omitted", for now. Same for Black Knight variants, Ascension Radiance, and a few others. They should be there on the final Page 5 build.

Boo. Corsair wheel joint peg leg in particular screams like it should have been included, but I'm a patient woman.

One thing I did notice is that using the Rocket Boots (the ones with the neat fire effect when flying) will not fire off when using asymetrical mode. Even when using both boots together. Works normally again when asymmetry is disabled.

There also seem to be less particles active running a Path and Body aura. The preview for, say, Banished Pantheon Body aura and Cloud & Lightning Path aura does not quite seem to match what happens out of the character editor.

Another issue l found on new character Editor, regarding to GEOMETRY+TEXTURE verification is the fact that if there's some RECORD with certain Texture1 or Texture2 in "COSTUMES.BIN" file, and it defined BEFORE a record with certain GEOMETRY, new that combination can be used in new Character Editor. But if some RECORD with certain Texture1 or Texture2 in "COSTUMES.BIN" file is defined AFTER a record with certain GEOMETRY, the new system locks out that combo.

It must have been done for sake of some optimization, as it meant to have no point of looping through whole file, and from start to certain Geometry should have been be enough, but it has a crippling effect on my characters.

like it was:

for(int i=0;i<costumeRecordsNum;++i)

and became

for(int i=0;i<=currentRecordPos;++i)

Btw: why make Time Optimization on costume creating/verification system? It's not something that is running all the time, these queries are sent occasionally, and pretty rarely.

Edited by Purrfekshawn

Ultimately l would like to get Serverside costume validation switched off entirely. What is got submitted by clientside - that is got printed into the database, without any approvals, but unfortunately that might seem a bit unsafe. Betta roll back all the time optimizations at least (regarding to serverside uploading costume check functions), or else mah Unique costumes are going to become invalid.