Focused Feedback: Costume Editor Updates (Build 4)

Unsurprisingly, if you set up SG colors and then edit a costume to include asymmetrical parts, the right hand/glove go back to default colors.  

This is just a note for future generations... I do not think this is a bug.   It's no different than adding a new costume part through outfit editing that was formerly set to None.

I did, however, notice that in the SG costume color selection screen, there are listings for primary and secondary colors for Path Aura.  I don't think there are any Path auras with primary and secondary, but hey, future-proofing I suppose.

On 3/8/2020 at 2:30 PM, Vanden said:

Ohhhh boy!

I hope the next step is separating 2D and 3D chest details into their own separate categories.

On 3/8/2020 at 2:36 PM, derixyleth said:

The next logical step is actually shoulders, right? Although I suppose some shoulder bits are weird, like Spiked Collar, does that count as a left or right shoulder?

On 3/8/2020 at 3:36 PM, Number Six said:

Yes, those require a small bit of extra work to split the models since a lot of the shoulders have left and right pieces in a single geo together, but are on the radar for the next phase of the project.

Other ideas to consider for the future:

• split arms from chest so you can select different patterns to create new looks.
  • split sleeves on shirts, jackets, and trench coats in case someone wants to go for a torn off sleeve look or just mismatched.
  • split legs so that each can be selected individually to create asymmetrical tights.
  • split gloves even further at the wrist and forearms to create new glove styles.
  • split boots at the ankle the same way as gloves.
  • split face detail to allow layering one texture over another for new mask styles and / or two-tone masks.
  • split wings to allow one of each of different styles... half-angel and half demon, anyone?  Winged cyborg with one mechanical wing, maybe?
  • Do a split on melee weapons with one choice being the weapon and the other being an aura placed on the weapon.
Edited by Player2
  • Like 1

Can we please please please have a feature added to save/retain the last few colors we've selected, so I no longer have to remember "4th column, 3rd row" or some such for each color I'm using?  Also, is there any way to hook auras up to activate only when a travel power is enabled, or something similar?  Thanks for all your hard work! 

• Like 1

Tested saving/loading costumes files under the new (Mar 10th) patch.

- Loaded a character on Live and saved the costume

- Loaded the same character on Brainstorm, loaded the costume save file (successful)

- Modified the costume and saved it to disk
- Loaded the character on Live, loaded the costume save file, committed the change and exited the costume editor (successful)

Seems backwards compatibility works, at least for a character that's already legally (robot arm) asymmetrical on Live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• Jimmy changed the title to Focused Feedback: Costume Editor Updates (Build 4)
  • Jimmy locked and unpinned this topic