Focused Feedback: Electrical Affinity - Powers (Build 4)

10 minutes ago, FaintCinder said:

New Question (from me at least that I haven't seen mentioned) - FYI not on home computer, so can't check these things specifically at the moment.

Is +Special supposed affect Absorb powers? I remember it not affecting the Power Pool Power from Sorcery, but that could have been a bug? Does it affect the Absorb from Nature? Last I checked on Insulating Circuit, it does in fact affect it, dramatically increasing the Absorb shield that it grants.

Just looking for clarification on that. Although I don't think it needs to be ask, I'll ask to double check...but all +Special is the same, correct? Just the numbers being varied, but they affect the same stuff? So the Power Boosts you can get from Corr, Defs, Controllers, and Dominators, as well as the +Special from Elec Affinity?

They aren't all necessarily the same. For example, Adrenaline Boost us a +Special but doesn't boost defense, however it boosts DDR.

Edit: as for Amp Up,it appears it does boost absorb

Activation Time:   2.57s

Recharge Time:  5m 0s

Endurance Cost:  10.40

Accuracy:  1.00x

Power Type:  Click

Target Type:  Friendlies

Power Range:  80.00 ft.

Effect Area:  Single Target

Attack Types:  ranged

+75.00% strength to healing for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to defense for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to absorption for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to endurance for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to to hit for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to run speed for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to fly speed for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to confuse for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to terrorize for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to hold for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to immobilize for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to stun for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+75.00% strength to sleep for 1m 30s on target (ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+50.00% strength to recharge for 1m 30s on target (

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 minutes ago, Bopper said:

They aren't all necessarily the same. For example, Adrenaline Boost us a +Special but doesn't boost defense, however it boosts DDR 

I'm sorry, what? 1) I guess I can't recall seeing +Special on it, and I mained Empathy for years. It's Regen, Recov, and Recharge. 2) I'm unfamiliar with the DDR anagram. 

Are you talking about the Adrenal Booster from the new Experimentation set?

Edited by FaintCinder

2 minutes ago, FaintCinder said:

I'm sorry, what? 1) I guess I can't recall seeing +Special on it, and I mained Empathy for years. It's Regen, Recov, and Recharge. 2) I'm unfamiliar with the DDR anagram. 

Are you talking about the Adrenal Booster from the new Experimentation set?

My apologies, I was referring to Adrenal Booster. Fast typing took over

DDR= defense debuff resistance

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

1 minute ago, ajlee209 said:

@Jimmy Now that it seems you all have a specific direction, how long will the testing period be? I want to play these on the regular servers NOW.

Probably not for awhile. We still haven't tested the set with Masterminds, Controllers, nor Corruptors.

Hmm, there is something unsettling to me about the fact there is no +recovery for you or your allies despite this being an electric-based set... At early levels, this could be extremely helpful, what are your guy's thoughts?

Also, I did some investigating as to what can "proc" in these powers, unfortunately when you place the Power Transfer IO into Galvanic Sentinel it only procs on you once you summon it (I had hopes it would heal the pet when it used its powers.) You also cannot place any pet resistance or defense auras in the pet unfortunately.

However, Power Transfer in Energizing Circuit is exceptionally powerful as a way to heal yourself (on full teams where it hits all 8 players, it could potentially heal you for around 300 damage...)

Further I investigated if Gaussian's in Empower Circuit was worth the endeavor, and ultimately it seems that it was, it proc'd several times! I suspect that on teams, this power would be even better with Gaussian's!

Edited by 33053222

3 hours ago, FaintCinder said:

if it does indeed buff Defense, then it's going to be huge for any set that gives defense buffs, including Maneuvers/Weave.

It would also affect self-affecting Defense powers. So while it may not seem like much to give a SR Scrapper even MOAR Defense.... it should benefit Thugs and Robots. And it will be a available as a secondary for those sets 😄.

Also, the Defibrillate power should be changed to work on Ninjas, because then it would make that the very best power ever to use with them 🤣

13 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Also, the Defibrillate power should be changed to work on Ninjas, because then it would make that the very best power ever to use with them 🤣

Why don't rezz powers work on pets anyway? Was this a game balance discussion at some point? I agree it would be really amazing to zap your minions back to life. No idea on the game history behind it tho.

Edited by oedipus_tex

2 hours ago, FaintCinder said:

New Question (from me at least that I haven't seen mentioned) - FYI not on home computer, so can't check these things specifically at the moment.

Is +Special supposed affect Absorb powers? I remember it not affecting the Power Pool Power from Sorcery, but that could have been a bug? Does it affect the Absorb from Nature? Last I checked on Insulating Circuit, it does in fact affect it, dramatically increasing the Absorb shield that it grants.

Just looking for clarification on that. Although I don't think it needs to be ask, I'll ask to double check...but all +Special is the same, correct? Just the numbers being varied, but they affect the same stuff? So the Power Boosts you can get from Corr, Defs, Controllers, and Dominators, as well as the +Special from Elec Affinity?

"+Special" is a player term, not a key word in game. In-game special just means "see long description for extra bits."

Power Boost, et al, actually give several different buffs, such as +strength to defense debuffs and +Endurance buffs.  As a rule of thumb, they tend to all buff the same things. But there is no universal attribute that all the power build ups increase, that in turn affects a pre-fab list.

For example, CP just pointed out in the experimentation thread that, though Adrenal Booster buffs defense debuffs, it doesn't buff many many things that power build up would affect.

Edit: I didn't notice a whole new page of posts when I typed this o.o

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FaintCinder said:

Can't get on at the moment.

Can anyone confirm if these chain powers work like all other buff/heal powers in the game where if you're targeting an enemy and you use the move, it will cast on that enemies' target? I seem to remember that not being the case, whether I tested it or someone mentioned it.

Assist works, it just doesn't work well solo as the Galvinic Sentinel won't hold aggro over you if you're attacking.  So you'll soon have the foes targeting you, and assist with ally-targeting powers doesn't work if they're targeting you, since you're not an ally.

You can however assist the GS and use it to choose targets for your attacks, as opposed to using assist for your buffs.  This will be sub-optimal, since the pet AI is poor at choosing targets, but it works better than having to re-target all the time.  A combination of this and attacking normally with a bind to switch back to the pet for assist-through-pet seems to work best solo.

Edited by csr
  • Like 1

@JimmyTonight I threw together a PvP build for this set and was running around RV even chasing incredibly slow long bow chasers and jumping relatively close by them while casting the power wasn't chaining (I'm guessing this is due to server tics combined with fast movement speeds).  The powers work fine when you are standing still killing pylons PvE style but my worry is the values are largely tuned around the idea that this set will chain to multiple targets.  (Which is fine for PvE)

Is there any chance there could be any extra consideration for PvP values? Like perhaps a stronger upfront buff and a much weaker chain buff / debuff? 

On 3/10/2020 at 12:46 PM, 33053222 said:

Hmm, there is something unsettling to me about the fact there is no +recovery for you or your allies despite this being an electric-based set... At early levels, this could be extremely helpful, what are your guy's thoughts?

Doesn't bug me too much as fully slotted you fill half an end bar on the first target and a quarter bar on the lowest in the chain on a fairly short cooldown.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 3/10/2020 at 2:13 PM, oedipus_tex said:

Why don't rezz powers work on pets anyway? Was this a game balance discussion at some point? I agree it would be really amazing to zap your minions back to life. No idea on the game history behind it tho.

I imagine there's a whole list of obstacles for that to work. Some pets don't leave corpses, some pets use skeletons that don't have rez animations, it could mess up the timing for non-perma pets, MM pets would probably lose their upgrades anyway, stuff like that.

Edited by Vanden

11 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

Is there a /command for "go back to my previous target?" 

It's easy to create a target_name command to quick target the Sentinel. However I do struggle to then quickly return focus to an enemy short of just hitting Tab.

Isn't there a "Target previous enemy" option in the keymapping section of the options menu? I could swear there's one there. I don't worry about targeting specific enemies usually, but I usually set my Caps Lock key to "Target next friend" on any support character, so I feel like I've seen "previous enemy" as an option before.

Edit: Paragonwiki says this is a keybind option, but the actual description sounds like it might not be what you want. Sounds like it's like Tab, but in reverse: /target_enemy_prev 

Edited by Trickshooter

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

2 minutes ago, Trickshooter said:

Isn't there a "Target previous enemy" option in the keymapping section of the options menu? I could swear there's one there. I don't worry about targeting specific enemies usually, but I usually set my Caps Lock key to "Target next friend" on any support character, so I feel like I've seen "previous enemy" as an option before.

Edit: Paragonwiki says this is a keybind option, but the actual description sounds like it might not be what you want. Sounds like it's like Tab, but in reverse: /target_enemy_prev 

You're right that there is a key mapping that would target previous enemy, but it just works in reverse of target next enemy. By default you target closest first, then each next enemy would be the "next furthest" enemy. So the previous enemy in this scenario would mean to target the next closest enemy

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

You're right that there is a key mapping that would target previous enemy, but it just works in reverse of target next enemy. By default you target closest first, then each next enemy would be the "next furthest" enemy. So the previous enemy in this scenario would mean to target the next closest enemy

I think this is bound to Shift+Tab by default.

• Jimmy locked and unpinned this topic