Weekly Discussion 41: ATO Sets!

GM Miss

8 hours ago, subbacultchas said:

Controller Energy Font Proc, even though others don't like it much. The Stalker Hide proc is probably the best single one though, just a fantastic set and proc in it.

I like the energy font proc, it is the only one I slot from that set...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

15 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

To be fair, it’s not that I don’t like the proc, it’s just that often the only good place

to slot the set is in your AoE hold because you are seriously compromising what little damage output you personally have (and need if you intend to do any soloing at all) if you slot them into your single target immobilize or hold.

Those sets would be viable in a lot more Controller powers if they, say, added a damage enhancement component to some/all of the IOs in the set and then rescaled the values based on the new number of enhanced elements (i.e. an acc/mez becomes acc/mez/damage with bonuses scaled normally for a triple enhancement IO).

Totally agreed. I was trying to find a place for these in a new troller last night, and it's just hard if youre not doing them as 2 pieces. I think Vines I will use 5 pieces of one set, but that's even a hard choice.

Edited by subbacultchas

If we're giving a wish list for ATO's I'll add to the dominator convo.  Ascendancy is great as is, fantastic bonuses and the +dmg is a nice boon, all in all just right as is.  The other set however is lackluster, the bonuses are unappealing and the proc is junk, this whole set needs a look into.  

As for what's my favorite ATO's it HAS to be the stalker sets.  Both procs are great abilities and the bonuses are spot on as well.  These sets are the bar, the other ATO's that get reworked should aim to be trans-formative like the stalker ones but if they fall short that's quite alright as long as there's genuine improvement made.  

Don't think there needs to be any new ATOs added but it would be neat to see a defense and resist ATO set available for all AT's, but that might be a little too OP so I get why not as well.  

Procs:

Blaster - both good and helpful

Controller - damage proc is welcome, font is junk

Corruptor - both good, need something to expand range of scourge.

Defender - both good, but I'm playing poison so they keep me alive

Dominator - both junk, +dam would be good but it needs to be able to slot in attacks. That whole set would need to be reworked though

Stalker - both great. chance for buildup recharge isn't great unless you have aoe attacks though

Scrapper - both great. Critical strikes is bonkers on some builds. 

VEATs - toxic proc is good, fear proc is ok 

No feedback on the rest.

• Like 1

I find it really weird that there's a significant market for Superior versions of these enhancements, such that I can actually make a profit by unslotting my Superiors to sell, re-slotting non-Superior versions, and re-catalyzing them.

Are people really that lazy that they would rather pay extra than just use a catalyst for themselves? Or does the game need to do a better job of explaining how the Superior version is made?

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

• GM Miss unfeatured and unpinned this topic