City of Heroes: Homecoming Forums: THE MOVIE!

VileTerror

DISCLAIMER:  I am stupid-tired right now, and should be in bed.  But a foolish idea popped in to my head, and now I'm going to blarp it out in to the Off-Topic board.

It's been nearly a year now since Homecoming became a thing.  I've started to recognize some of you folks by the things you say, the way you say them, and those little picture-dealies near your names.  I know that in reality you're all actual people* behind keyboards (or using those kids-these-days-cell-smart-phone-thingies instead, you hipsters!), but part of my brain is still identifying you all as fictional characters in some grand narrative.  Those of you who have been in forum communities for a while may have seen something like this before, but the basis premise is along the lines of:

If some film studio were to make a movie or television series about of misadventures here, as portrayed in one of those "inside the Matrix" style artificial setting, who would you want your persona to be modelled after and voiced by?  Which acting professionals might you consider for your fellow Homecoming forumites?  Or the members of the Homecoming Team?

NOW THEN!  With that out of my brain, let's see if I can shove my face in to a pillow hard enough to render myself unconscious.

*in before someone makes the "OR AM I" joke about being a Turing-positive AI and/or a collective hallucination.

The character Heraclea should be played by Gina Carano.  Better yet, let this be an animated feature,  Currently I'd let her be voice acted by Jennifer Hale at her most FemShep soldierly, but really, the best voice actor for Heraclea would have been the late Lynne Thigpen, the Chief from the Carmen Sandiego game show.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Emmy would hopefully be played/voiced by Laura San Giacomo.  I wish I were 'cute as a button' like she is and she does an absolutely ludicrous Texan accent in Quigley Down Under that I just can't get over.

I havent thought of any other forumites in terms of actors/voices but I will think on that and maybe let ya know 😝

• Thanks 1

Always Kind of considered Marine to be Me more than my other Toons, so being a relatively Big Guy ( 6'4" 240 lbs ), I made Marine about 6'4", but he would probably be 350 lbs in the real world. Can't think of anyone that would have the right size and look, maybe Randy Couture, but with my sense of humor, if it was animated, Kelsey Grammer would be perfect delivering the kind of comments I can't help but make.

Spoiler

( Was actually 6'4" 255 lbs in High School, with abs, but when I was 28 I had an auto accident in which I broke my neck in 3 places, broke and rotated my jaw all the way to the left and shoved my right shoulder all the way in until my collarbone was sticking out of the left side of my neck. Topped it off with an about Grapefruit sized Hematoma on the right side of my Forehead. If I hadn't had a 18" Neck I probably would not have survived.

By the time I was able to eat solid food again I was at about 175 lbs. I am what I am now, I go to work and nobody knows anything ever happened unless I choose to tell them. I am now 56. Marine is my I'm a big guy with a big heart guy I wish I could be again, plus he has superpowers, nice )

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X