OMG! So Happy!

BeatrixK

Welcome home! Sometimes I’m still awed by the fact that I’m playing my old favorite game again. I remember when news was first breaking last year about servers and Homecoming and all that, I thought “no way, this can’t be real; I can’t hope again.”

Have fun!

• Like 1

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

Welcome home! One thing you'll find is that leveling is actually a lot faster on Homecoming than it used to be back on live—in part because you can get double-XP for free, from the P2W store, and the "Experienced" patrol XP packs in the Super Packs (which can now be bought for Influence rather than real money). Granted, using double XP means that you don't earn Inf while using it, but there are other ways around that. 

I strongly recommend you read the guides I wrote, linked from my signature below. A lot of them were written based on things I found out after playing again for a while, and wished someone had told me about sooner!

• Thanks 1

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

18 hours ago, Lines said:

Folks are usually pretty helpful in the game, and I seldom see people with needless expectations of other players. Don't worry about feeling green, I'm sure you'll have a friendly time.

Welcome back!

LOL -- I was a little taken aback by how 'rusty' I was -- and how much technology has changed in the...ah...several years since I last played. (My laptop handles it quite well -- just not a favorite of the small screen). 

The guy I used to play with had keybinded me up all good, and I need to do that again...need to get a decent mouse for other stuff....and a longer cord so I can use my TV.  But was so surprised how some stuff came back pretty quickly, and in other instances...I felt like 'Dayum I am never gonna pick this up!'

But had so much fun flying around Atlas and doing the low level missions....running into walls and jumping....can't wait to get back to the game for a longer period because I haven't had that much fun in years! (I was a little disappointed I am going to my SO's tonight for dinner and TV -- I want to stay home and get reacquainted with my old friends.  lol)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Robotech_Master said:

Welcome home! One thing you'll find is that leveling is actually a lot faster on Homecoming than it used to be back on live—in part because you can get double-XP for free, from the P2W store, and the "Experienced" patrol XP packs in the Super Packs (which can now be bought for Influence rather than real money). Granted, using double XP means that you don't earn Inf while using it, but there are other ways around that. 

I strongly recommend you read the guides I wrote, linked from my signature below. A lot of them were written based on things I found out after playing again for a while, and wished someone had told me about sooner!

THANK YOU!  I will -- I plan on spending quality time in Paragon this weekend....and not much else!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BeatrixK said:

LOL -- I was a little taken aback by how 'rusty' I was -- and how much technology has changed in the...ah...several years since I last played. (My laptop handles it quite well -- just not a favorite of the small screen). 

The guy I used to play with had keybinded me up all good, and I need to do that again...need to get a decent mouse for other stuff....and a longer cord so I can use my TV.  But was so surprised how some stuff came back pretty quickly, and in other instances...I felt like 'Dayum I am never gonna pick this up!'

But had so much fun flying around Atlas and doing the low level missions....running into walls and jumping....can't wait to get back to the game for a longer period because I haven't had that much fun in years! (I was a little disappointed I am going to my SO's tonight for dinner and TV -- I want to stay home and get reacquainted with my old friends.  lol)

If you are looking for mouse suggestions, several people gave some good ones when I asked in June 

• Thanks 1

Welcome home new friend =^_^=

• Like 2

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Old Victory player here. Phrendon Largo is/was my main. He is only on Indomitable. I also recreated Cayble. I'm sure we played together back on Victory. Look me up if you need anything.

• Like 2
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Fire controllers are the best!  Love my fire imps!  If you end up on Indom - look me up!  I've mostly been focused on solo Badges - but I need to start taking a break from that and just get some task forces in/ level up my other characters. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

*tick* TriggerWarning! *tick*

Ah pooh, as a not healer Empath offender Welcome back hero!  😊 to the game we all love.

Won't mention how many bits of sometimes odd stuff 7 years made me forget and relearn.  Heck ... still relearning 🤪

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 2

Inspired by this thread, I looked through my old texts and found the one I sent to an old friend on April 22, 2019, the night I logged into...Torchbearer?  Or was it still Bree at that date?

"I am by God booting up!"

The feeling was awesome.  I am glad others have a chance to experience it as well.

Edited by Sailboat

I remember typing "City of Heroes 2019" (this was back in June) and actually getting a hit for the first time in forever.   I cliked on the link and was like PLEASE don't let this be epic level trolling PLEASE let this be real pleaseohpleaseohplease.   And it was real  🙂

Really hit at the signon screen hearing the music.  I lost the next few hours to ressurrecting my fav 5 heroes and fav 5 villians from Live.

I got most of the names too (though they were kind of obscure names, OR, already contained a prefix...   "Trifid" or "Agent Blackcat" or "Thundercrow", etc.). 

I didn't even TRY to get names that would be cool but I knew sight unseen would be long gone (Captain Obvious, Triangle Man, etc). But then, I never had those names in LIVE, either.

41 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I didn't even TRY to get names that would be cool but I knew sight unseen would be long gone (Captain Obvious, Triangle Man, etc). But then, I never had those names in LIVE, either.

My brother had Triangle Man and his wife had Particle Woman back in the day on Infinity.

I think you'd be surprised about what names might still be available.  I had an invuln tank named Alloy and got the name again, not on Everlasting, though.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 3/10/2020 at 6:52 PM, Shred Monkey said:

...the feeling of seeing Atlas Park again through tear-filled eyes.   These posts never get old.

And the music, even the log in screen music never mind stepping into Atlas Park with a new character or moving across the neighborhood's of Steel or ...

• Like 2