the Widow Files : Widow Builds Issue 27 Page 6

1 hour ago, siolfir said:

Pretty sure that Mind Control (and copies based on it, including Fortunata and APP Dominate) has the only attacks that aren't positional (or autohit).

That seems to be the most commonly agreed upon nonpositional skills. Over the years I've seen mentioning of other attacks that simply weren't marked, or flagged is how it's put, even if they should of been.  I've no proof either way, but since I'm using mind link to reach incarnate defense values, not worried either way if only a few extra skills are covered.

I will be testing my builds, watching more closely at soft capped/over capped performance differences and overall flow speed.

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

On 3/9/2020 at 2:22 PM, Harakh said:

Lightning cages nullifies knockbown effects

Have you tested this?

I know that the controller aoe immobilizes were changed to allow KD to happen, even though they protect from KB. I'm not certain if they updated epic immobs as well.

Edited by Onlyasandwich

5 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Have you tested this?

I know that the controller aoe immobilizes were changed to allow KD to happen, even though they protect from KB. I'm not certain if they updated epic immobs as well.

Did i test or pay attention to that fact on my widow, I did not. However, within the power description in game I believe it's listed (on my phone atm).  

Thanks for the info I will review and revise if needed

________

Logged on, per power description of lightning cages,

image.png.6df4b119a47d377f56808ee96eb8ae94.png

Believe knockdown, would be "knockup"? But "knock" is listed as well. Few quick test hits on mobs seems to corroborate kd is nullified.

____

Have you tested that controller immos no longer nul knockdown? Looking at just a few control sets, -"knockup" & -"knock" effects present in some.

... I may try in a bit...

Edited by Harakh
added details

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

27 minutes ago, Harakh said:

Have you tested that controller immos

Yes, they changed this back a while ago. The stats for the controller immobs look the same as far as kb and ku mag goes, but they do indeed still allow knockdown to happen. I'm guessing the epics may be the same.

If a troller uses aoe immob and tosses ice patch, ice patch still does its work.

1 minute ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Yes, they changed this back a while ago. The stats for the controller immobs look the same as far as kb and ku mag goes, but they do indeed still allow knockdown to happen. I'm guessing the epics may be the same.

If a troller uses aoe immob and tosses ice patch, ice patch still does its work.

Makes since for sets not to counteract their own effects. But I still question whether a set such as Darkness control, that has the knocks listed currently had those effect removed. Darkness control doesn't have an knockdown so it wouldn't have a reason to be changed.  I do see however earth control still lists knocks as well, but has earthquake. I might be jumping on test server in a bit, have some RL first.

21 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

They didn't change it based on what sets have knockdown, they did it across the board.

The idea was to keep those kd reliant controllers from feeling useless just because a teammate threw out an immobilize.

I confirmed you are correct. Dark control didn't negate kd procs.

Thank you much for the info

I must triple check lightning cages now.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:00 AM, Leandro said:

Immobilize Powers in Controller and Dominator primary power sets should no longer make their targets immune to KnockUp. KnockBack will be converted to KnockDown. This helps sets like Ice and Earth, as their AOE Immobilize power will no longer make their AOE Knockback power useless.

I pulled the old patch notes. Looks like it's just for controllers and Doms! This would imply that epics don't get the same treatment.

Still good stuff to know. :D

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Can't log into the game to check immediately but if they list knockback resistance without knockback protection (as the CoD entries would seem to indicate they should) then this just converts resistable knockback to knockdown (there are sources that are unresisted). The entry listed above has lines for both (100 mag protection and 10000% resistance) so should prevent knockback.

• Harakh changed the title to Fortunata & Night Widow Builds // Incarnate Builds //&// Exempt Builds - video demo

Added

Night Widow Builds: "Night Widow Incarnate / Exempt Build (2 versions, Follow Up and Build Up)"

Updated Fortunata level 45+ Build

Started Updates on Fortunata Exempt Build in-progess

8 hours ago, Harakh said:

Added 3rd Night Widow Build

Traded Eviscerate for Mu Discharge

How does Electrifying Fences work for you? My favorite Widow Build is Ranged-only, she uses Mu with these choices:

• (level 31) Mu Lightning with 6xThunderstrike
  • (level 41) Ball Lightning with 6xAnnihilation
  • (level 44) Static Discharge with 5xPositron's Blast (includes the %Energy proc)

For my play style, I found that I wanted another single-target attack to drop into the rotation (and of course "Sith" zaps), although practically another AoE would probably suit my preference for fighting large spawns. There are some hard to quantify elements of my build/playstyle (melee defense is much greater, I leverage Aura of Confusion and other PBAoE, I hate runners) that leave me with mixed feelings about using an AoE immobilize, so I'm looking for another widow's thoughts.

As for my particular choice in enhancement sets for these Patron powers: It's all about the bonuses. Primarily Endurance (MaxEnd, Discount, Recovery) and Accuracy, with Defense where possible. My build has room for more Very Rare (but extra Global Recharge would cost me too much for too little return, IMO) and I don't have any Winter sets in the build (I find the bonuses to be too narrow, YMMV)

11 hours ago, tidge said:

How does Electrifying Fences work for you? My favorite Widow Build is Ranged-only, she uses Mu with these choices:

• (level 31) Mu Lightning with 6xThunderstrike
  • (level 41) Ball Lightning with 6xAnnihilation
  • (level 44) Static Discharge with 5xPositron's Blast (includes the %Energy proc)

I leverage Aura of Confusion and other PBAoE, I hate runners)

As for my particular choice in enhancement sets for these Patron powers: It's all about the bonuses. Primarily Endurance (MaxEnd, Discount, Recovery) and Accuracy, with Defense where possible. My build has room for more Very Rare (but extra Global Recharge would cost me too much for too little return, IMO) and I don't have any Winter sets in the build (I find the bonuses to be too narrow, YMMV)

Electrifying Fences, works great for my build(s). I like it due to many proc options + stops runners. I started using it *Mu Mastery (I already used soul tentacles as a cone damage power) because I wanted to create some builds that played more effectively w/o aid self, and confuse powers, and all those proc's help a lot. The Mu Max build utilizes procs more because it's on a Night Widow. My Fortunata doesn't have nearly the freedom. 

Damage Mitigation, if I'm playing all ranged fort build its really hard to pass on gloom. I would only skip it if I wanted to use the extra proc effects available within Mu Mastery, or thematic reasons.  If AoC (and others) are working to Mitigate the incoming damage for you, and you also need the set bonuses you listed above, then you can't go wrong, for your build. 

Without seeing your entire build, and not knowing the goal posts to pass / I've read you have some pretty tight rules you follow... w/o considering these things *shrugs*. 

I just tossed together updated versions of my older All Ranged Fortunata Build (although the old one uses confuse and aura of confusion in some iterations). 

All depends what are your goals, and build holes.

(Can switch out soul for mu without any changes - I know u know 😛 just saying

Spoiler

Fortunata All Ranged -Sould Mastery - Extra Cone Power + Single Target Confuse

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(3)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 2: Subdue -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), GldJvl-Dam%(36)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(9), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(9), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(11)
Level 6: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(21)
Level 12: Dominate -- HO:Endo(A), HO:Perox(13), Apc-Dam%(13), GldJvl-Dam%(17), UnbCns-Dam%(15), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(15)
Level 14: Psionic Tornado -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 16: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), GssSynFr--Build%(17)
Level 18: Psychic Scream -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), PstBls-Dam%(23), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(25)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(33), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 24: Mind Link -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(5), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(34), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(34)
Level 26: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 28: Confuse -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf(36), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(19)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dam%(40), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Soul Tentacles -- TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(A), TraoftheH-Dam%(42), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(46), PstBls-Dam%(48), GrvAnc-Hold%(50)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(42), CldSns-%Dam(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 44: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(7), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(51)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(50), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(39)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: Marshal 
------------
------------

Fortunata All Ranged Soul Mastery + Aid Self

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(3)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 2: Subdue -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), GldJvl-Dam%(36)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(9), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(9), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(11)
Level 6: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(21)
Level 12: Dominate -- HO:Endo(A), HO:Perox(13), Apc-Dam%(13), GldJvl-Dam%(17), UnbCns-Dam%(15), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(15)
Level 14: Psionic Tornado -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 16: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), GssSynFr--Build%(17)
Level 18: Aid Other -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(33), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 24: Mind Link -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(5), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(34), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(34)
Level 26: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 28: Aid Self -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(37), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(19), Pnc-Heal(19)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dam%(40), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Soul Tentacles -- TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(A), TraoftheH-Dam%(42), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(46), PstBls-Dam%(48), GrvAnc-Hold%(50)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(42), CldSns-%Dam(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 44: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(7), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(51)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(50), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(21), PrfShf-EndMod(39)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: Marshal 
------------
------------

Take a look at the video demonstrations I posted - OP . You will see electric fences in use. Not that you asked for the above builds either, trying to cover all bases between your inquiry, and share/advice? 

Edited by Harakh

Organized OP even further. Added variations of the build I'm currently playing. Not theory Crafted.

Have a couple more builds, at least, to update. Noticed some enhancements within the currently posted builds were incorrectly selected, fixing asap. 

Putting together New Video Demos, at least one for each play style, Ranged, Hybrid, and Melee (night widow).

***Fixed Enhancements

***Added Hybrid Build the Contended

Currently Running On Live:

Ranged: the Scrambler

Hybrid: the Contended

Melee: the Fortified

Loving all 3 builds.

Will try for videos quickly.

Edited by Harakh

• Harakh changed the title to the Widow Files : Fortunata & Night Widow Builds - video demo

*Instead of writing "Build Considerations" for every build past, present, and future, I added a bunch of information to the "Skills - Considerations" Files

*Videos in-progress

*OP information Time-Refine Machine

• Harakh changed the title to the Widow Files : Fortunata & Night Widow Builds & Videos
  • 2 weeks later

Always love seeing updates to solid build guide threads! I see your latest build leans into the defensive side quite a bit. I don't think I could willingly spec out of juicy double Assault! Also heretofore haven't ever spec'd into Tough/Weave, mostly out of stubborn refusal at the obligation to pick those up on literally every character in order to be viable. I do run RoP, though. What was your impetus for this current build?

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

On 12/31/2021 at 8:02 AM, Dungeoness said:

Always love seeing updates to solid build guide threads! I see your latest build leans into the defensive side quite a bit. I don't think I could willingly spec out of juicy double Assault!

Thank you. It was fun putting this thread together. I get distracted with actual gaming and lose my train of thought though... been working to improve that for a while now hah. I use to run double assault, and it was indeed a hard decision to give it up. I chased damage when first playing my widow. I don't recall if my original builds included in the forum, but the pleasure of running incarnate content and one shot KO of yellow mobs pleased me.  ... eventually I aspired to chase new goals.

Also heretofore haven't ever spec'd into Tough/Weave, mostly out of stubborn refusal at the obligation to pick those up on literally every character in order to be viable.

I didn't always run Tough/Weave. Instead I would take aid self and lean heavily into confuse powers for more difficult mob compositions. It wasn't until I wanted to play more tank-like that I spec'd tough and weave.

I do run RoP, though.

I also ran RoP which was my overall best build, imo. A couple winter events ago using RoP I solo killed the Ice Mistress GM/AV? (I think was her name??) But once RoP was changed to have a fixed recharge rate I ran away from it. I was familiar with a greater up time in my build. The change felt awful.

What was your impetus for this current build?

The wish to play a scrapper buuuuuut...

In the past I said I couldn't run a hybrid widow cause I dislike the claws redraw, but Night Widows severely lack survivability compared to Forts. While I still feel this way I needed a change from my all ranged build/hybrid builds didn't encompass all the Fort aspects I love. the Latecomer build lent a new character feel that was closer to the scrapper I wanted to play, Ranged damage/hold, single target confuse, AoE confuse, a nuke + (short) stun combined with fast hitting (excluding constant redraw) high damage melee skills. And of course providing team buffs. He's a juiced up scrapper!!

Reiterated, I'd like to play an actual scrapper, but when I've already learned a thing or two about the Widow, how can I??? A scrap-troller-lil'blaster with potentially two nuke skills (if counting Aura of Confusion as a pseudo-nuke) + team buffs ... glorious.

Epic AT's have essentially ruined playing any other class for me except the idea of a few specialized builds, and Dominators. Although, I've created other I always go back to my Widow and Peacebringer.

(Side note. Peacebringer would be my #1 but the Widow with excellent mez protection and utility to get through a wider range of mob encounters than the PB keeps me team Widow more of the time. +1 for the PB for being better suited towards Rularuu.)

• Like 1

• 6 months later
On 7/11/2022 at 7:01 PM, RicoZaid said:

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for checking it out. It's about time to comb through it again. See if another half-year as brought a smidge of wisdom, or maybe a sobered mind ^.^

• Like 1