Quick question on Attuned IOs

Kabuki

Howdy folks,

Question on attunement, if I recall from Live, the "Purple" sets (Hecatomb, Ragnarok, Apocalypse, and so on) gave their full bonuses when leveled down (sidekicked or what have you), without needing to waste a Catalyst to attune them. Is this still the case? Or do I need to use a Catalyst to make the Purple sets function as originally intended?

That is still the case. So my recommendation to you, NEVER ATTUNE a PURPLE set or a PVP set. They never lose their set bonuses, their enhancements will outperform their attuned counterpart while exemplared, and you can enhancement boost them to +25% effectiveness (+5 boosters).

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

No worries, I just learned about that 41.5% cap, so there's something new everyday that we learn.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

5 hours ago, CosmicDreamShade said:

Well, the Damage IO in the Purple sets has always been kind of superfluous anyway. The sets are not well balanced and are far too damage heavy.

I think they were possibly overpowered with a look towards Frankenslotting.

13 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I think they were possibly overpowered with a look towards Frankenslotting.

That unwanted pure damage IO from purples has found its way +5ed into many of my frankenslots. Cheap (in slotting) way of filling out that stat.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

I realized that I forgot to link to the ParagonWiki article on this, meaning I didn't show the proof.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Exemplar_Effects_on_Enhancements

Details section, #2 The Maximum Bonus Cap

I actually knew the page and checked it after seeing your comment. In the past I simply skipped to the scales and didnt try to read over the rest of the details on the page. Good info to know. Definitely makes split IOs that much more enticing, especially with some of the new sets coming in Page 5.