Mind/Energy/Primal Build help Dominator

Neuro-son

So iv had 3 doms so far and they went mind/dark, ice/ice and ice/energy and i finally found the combo of powers that work for my play style which is mind/energy cause i like to play melee style AV controling type dom. Does anyone have a good build for this? Much appreciated!

Edited by Neuro-son

22 minutes ago, Neuro-son said:

So iv had 3 doms so far and they went mind/dark, ice/ice and ice/energy and i finally found the combo of powers that work for my play style which is mind/energy cause i like to play melee style AV controling type dom. Does anyone have a good build for this? Much appreciated!

I can get you one I have a nasty Mind/Energy.  Only thing is I don't use Primal outside of on a /Dark dom.  Energy has melee covered well so I go Soul Mastery for Soul Drain which just really amps up your dps.   

Here's my build, healthy number of procs used and it should hit pretty great. It may not make quite the pylon times other builds may, but /Energy was kind of a blessing and a curse. Achieves permadom, softcaps S/L/E w/ barrier, 40% w/o barrier, Terrify, Whirling Hands, and Total Focus have been turned into proc monsters. You can mez AV's with confuse and Dominate pretty easily paired with Power Up, good AoE and ST damage. 

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mesmerize -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 2: Dominate -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(3), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(3), NrnSht-Dam%(5), GldNet-Dam%(5), HO:Nucle(13)
Level 4: Bone Smasher -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Acc/Rchg(15), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Hct-Dmg(17), TchofDth-Dam%(43)
Level 6: Confuse -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(7), CrcPrs-Conf(7), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(11)
Level 8: Power Push -- Apc-Dam%(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40), ExpStr-Dam%(40), HO:Nucle(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Total Domination -- SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(19), SprEnt-Acc/Hold(19), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(21), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(21)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Obl-%Dam(A), Erd-%Dam(23), ScrDrv-Dam%(25), Arm-Dam%(25), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(31), HO:Nucle(31)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(34)
Level 26: Terrify -- PstBls-Dam%(A), JvlVll-Dam%(27), GlmoftheA-Dam%(27), HO:Nucle(31)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 32: Mass Confusion -- MlsIll-Dam%(A), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(33), MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(33), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(33), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(34), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(34)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42)
Level 41: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 44: Disruptor Blast -- PstBls-Dam%(A), ExpStr-Dam%(46), JvlVll-Dam%(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50), HO:Nucle(50)
Level 47: Total Focus -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(48), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(29)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(29), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

--Revised after Coyote's comment

Edited by Zeraphia

3 hours ago, Zeraphia said:

Level 26: Terrify -- PstBls-Dam%(A), JvlVll-Dam%(27), GlmoftheA-Dam%(27), CldSns-%Dam(29), HO:Nucle(31)

Although Mid's and other related character generation programs show Terrify as accepting ToHitDebuff and AccurateToHitDebuff sets, it doesn't have a -ToHit component and does not slot these sets.

• Thanks 1

Wouldn't wait until 47 to take Total Focus.  It's the mechanic that automatically doubles the damage on Whirling Hands so I'd take that at 28 when it's available.  Also Power Burst is the best ST attack in Energy Assault, it hits as hard as Total Focus with a faster animation.  This build seems to have too many attacks and not even the best ones.  

Edited by Mezmera

11 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Wouldn't wait until 47 to take Total Focus.  It's the mechanic that automatically doubles the damage on Whirling Hands so I'd take that at 28 when it's available.  Also Power Burst is the best ST attack in Energy Assault, it hits as hard as Total Focus with a faster animation.  This build seems to have too many attacks and not even the best ones.  

Total Focus isn't actually used it's totally a set mule for the S/L defense, you want to use other powers and only use TF if you've got absolutely no other choice in the ST attack chain. Also, don't ever follow my builds level-by-level, use judgement in what should be taken first, I do not recommend slotting this build in the levels they appear. Power Bolt isn't used either, it's taken for the recharge bonus. ST attack chain would look like: Dominate -> Sniper -> Bone Smasher -> Power Push -> Dominate -> gap (filler attack) -> Bone Smasher -> Power Push -> Sniper.

It may seem that way, but it actually does not, these are compared by DPA and by how it would be used in combat, I personally don't feel great having to use PB on your enemy knocking it back, having to go back into melee, or to avoid this lose another bonus by being forced to use KB->KD, it also is one of the worst ones by DPA because of its 2 second cast. There are attacks in AoE slotted up so you don't feel weak in that department either. This build attempts to set you up with good AoE and 300+ ST with lots of wonderful FF procs to help with chains and get your two big AoE mezzes up faster.