Widow/Fortunata build

I've been working on a Fort build as well after reading so much about them (mostly a NW player here) and I'm in the same boat as you are I believe. I'm working on a build with Rune of Protection as well (mostly for bigger fights) but I think the defensive numbers I've gotten (which are much like yours) that if the resist numbers aren't up there then the toon will be just fine. That said, I realized late last night I have to redo mine because somehow I skipped over Foresight. Not really a fan of having both Maneuvers as you can slot things easily enough to not need the 2nd one. There are a couple of good builds in Gulbasaur's post about his "Blood Widower" that I was using for notes.

Don't forget that you get some scaling resistance from the passives in your secondary, and with the scaling resistance IO and some set bonuses I've found that my melee Fortunata doesn't need more than that. I built for softcap defenses without Mind Link, so I can pop it for extra "defense debuff resistance" - simply by being over the cap so the next debuff misses - and took both Ageless and Rebirth Destiny. I usually run Ageless because I rarely need any healing that inspiration drops doesn't cover.

On 3/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, siolfir said:

Don't forget that you get some scaling resistance from the passives in your secondary, and with the scaling resistance IO and some set bonuses I've found that my melee Fortunata doesn't need more than that. I built for softcap defenses without Mind Link, so I can pop it for extra "defense debuff resistance" - simply by being over the cap so the next debuff misses.

I agree. The ONLY time I missed having actual resistance is when I (foolishly) try to TANK(*) an AV or a GM. My Fortunata can stand being swarmed by groups of Minions, LTs, Bosses and even a couple of Elite Bosses (because of Defense values, Scaling Resistances, and Unrelenting) but against foes with BIG HARD HITS (ehem, Lord Recluse in Ms. Liberty TF) she'll fold.

(*) IMO Tanking also includes grabbing and keeping aggro. With the Presence pool and AoE controls my Fortunata can grab a lot of initial aggro, and can rescue a few other squishies that are focusing fire, but I would never consider that Tanking.