[v3.0] Huntsman (pre- and post- Level 24) Bane AND Crab leveling builds

1 hour ago, AustinSmith said:

The recharge boost from Agility only affects recharge from powers that actually have a recharge enhancement in it; as I understand it, Agility will have zero effect on proc chances in Frag Grenade since the Damage/Recharge enh from the set isn’t being used. It also won’t reduce Heavy Burst’s proc chances in any way. (I’m going off the Bane Spider interpretation of Huntsman).

You’re absolutely correct that you won’t need Agility if your defenses are already softcapped...but the build presented by OP is not softcapped in Melee or AoE, only ranged. If those were softcapped, yeah I’d absolutely go musculature. But they’re not.

A) You're wrong on the first paragraph.  That's not how the Alphas work at all.  They act identically to enhancements, whether you already have that attribute slotted for or not.  I highly recommend you don't give advice on things you aren't knowledgeable about.  

B) The lack of softcapping is a failing of the build and why I don't endorse it for endgame play.   But I don't believe these builds aren meant for endgame and are more leveling builds, hence the thread title.

3 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

A) You're wrong on the first paragraph.  That's not how the Alphas work at all.  They act identically to enhancements, whether you already have that attribute slotted for or not.  I highly recommend you don't give advice on things you aren't knowledgeable about.  

B) The lack of softcapping is a failing of the build and why I don't endorse it for endgame play.   But I don't believe these builds aren meant for endgame and are more leveling builds, hence the thread title.

Okay, yep, absolutely stand corrected on the first bit. Threw up Mids with an unslotted build, plugged in Agility core and verified the defense numbers went up without any enhancement slotting, would infer recharge works the same. For some reason I was taught that Alphas only boost the effectiveness of enhancements and not actual powers directly, good to know I’ve got that straight now.

I’d still claim that Agility Core is a viable alpha for this build, but not the slam dunk I originally supposed it would be. However, by claiming these builds are only for leveling and are not endgame builds, kind of makes incarnate choices a moot point.

• Thanks 1

Behold my altitis

Webmistress Shelob - Crab Spider Soldier (50)

Bulldog Palmieri - AR/Devices Blaster (50)

Queen I - Elec/FF Controller (50)

Sir Bedrock - Fire/Stone Brute (50)

6 hours ago, AustinSmith said:

are not endgame builds

Depends on the endgame you want to play, I suppose.

Solo ... there are gaps (obviously) in the Defenses.

Team ... it is likely that the gaps in Defenses will be filled by someone else on the team, so long as you cooperate with them in terms of positioning.

League ... it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that in a League context (that doesn't split the teams up) that you will have any gaps in your Defenses.

So it really depends on context for what it meant by "endgame" here.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Here's a second take on the 24-50 Bane Huntsman build I came up with tinkering around in Mids:

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Operative Leeroy v2: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Bane Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Bane Spider Training
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Single Shot    
 (A) Superior Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
 (3) Superior Spider's Bite - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (3) Superior Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (5) Superior Spider's Bite - RechargeTime/Global Toxic

Level 1:    Bane Spider Armor Upgrade    
 (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
 (7) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection
 (9) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 2:    Burst    
 (A) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage
 (5) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance
 (7) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Recharge
 (11) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (11) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self
 (13) Decimation - Chance of Build Up

Level 4:    Combat Jumping    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
 (21) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 6:    Wide Area Web Grenade    
 (A) Debilitative Action - Accuracy/Recharge
 (15) Debilitative Action - Recharge/Immobilize
 (15) Debilitative Action - Accuracy/Endurance
 (19) Debilitative Action - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge
 (37) Debilitative Action - Disorient Bonus

Level 8:    Heavy Burst    
 (A) HamiO:Centriole Exposure
 (17) HamiO:Centriole Exposure
 (21) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range
 (23) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (29) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
 (48) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 10:    Tactical Training: Maneuvers    
 (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
 (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
 (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (34) Red Fortune - Defense
 (34) Red Fortune - Endurance
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 12:    Venom Grenade    
 (A) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage
 (13) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Recharge
 (31) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (31) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (31) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (33) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Recharge/Chance for -Dmg and Terrorize

Level 14:    Super Jump    
 (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 16:    Maneuvers    
 (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense
 (37) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
 (40) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 18:    Frag Grenade    
 (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
 (23) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance
 (25) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range
 (25) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (27) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
 (29) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 20:    Tactical Training: Leadership    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
 (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 22:    Tactical Training: Assault    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 24:    Cloaking Device    
 (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
 (43) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
 (43) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (43) Red Fortune - Defense
 (45) Red Fortune - Endurance
 (45) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 26:    Mental Training    
 (A) Run Speed IO

Level 28:    Surveillance    
 (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 30:    Assault    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 32:    Vengeance    

Level 35:    Web Cocoon    
 (A) Lockdown - Accuracy/Recharge
 (36) Lockdown - Recharge/Hold
 (36) Lockdown - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
 (36) Lockdown - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold
 (37) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold

Level 38:    Call Reinforcements    
 (A) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Recharge
 (39) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage
 (39) Call to Arms - Damage/Endurance
 (39) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (40) Call to Arms - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
 (40) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets

Level 41:    Combat Training: Defensive    

Level 44:    Build Up    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 47:    Wolf Spider Armor    
 (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
 (50) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
 (50) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
 (50) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance

Level 49:    Victory Rush    
 (A) Endurance Modification IO

Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Accuracy IO

Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Conditioning    
Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Run Speed IO

Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Interrupt Reduction IO

Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift    
 (A) Run Speed IO

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Miracle - +Recovery
 (17) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
 (27) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
 (48) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Endurance Modification IO
 (9) Performance Shifter - EndMod
 (19) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

Level 50:    Pyronic Core Final Judgement    
Level 50:    Degenerative Core Flawless Interface    
Level 50:    Arachnos Radial Superior Ally    
Level 50:    Clarion Core Epiphany    
Level 50:    Melee Core Embodiment    
Level 50:    Musculature Core Paragon    
------------
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
53.54 Toxic Damage (12% chance, CancelOnMiss)
17.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
17.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
17.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
17.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
17.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
17.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
17.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
17.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
5% Defense
11.31% Defense(Smashing)
11.31% Defense(Lethal)
11% Defense(Fire)
11% Defense(Cold)
7.25% Defense(Energy)
7.25% Defense(Negative)
6% Defense(Psionic)
16.63% Defense(Melee)
8.5% Defense(Ranged)
16% Defense(AoE)
3.6% Max End
6.25% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
24% Enhancement(Accuracy)
4% Enhancement(Immobilized)
85% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
2.5% Enhancement(Held)
15% SpeedFlying
GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
200.8 HP (18.75%) HitPoints
15% JumpHeight
15% SpeedJumping
Knockback (Mag -8)
Knockup (Mag -8)
MezResist(Confused) 55%
MezResist(Held) 55%
MezResist(Immobilized) 55%
MezResist(Sleep) 55%
MezResist(Stunned) 55%
MezResist(Terrorized) 55%
MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
9% (0.16 End/sec) Recovery
18% (0.96 HP/sec) Regeneration
16.25% Resistance(Smashing)
24.5% Resistance(Fire)
24.5% Resistance(Cold)
10.25% Resistance(Energy)
10.25% Resistance(Negative)
14% Resistance(Toxic)
14% Resistance(Psionic)
16.25% Resistance(Lethal)
15% SpeedRunning

Couple of notable changes:

• Dropped the Toxic/Psionic resistance set bonus slot from WAWG and shifted it to Combat Jumping for the Shield Wall proc. Provides overall better resistance numbers.
  • Dropped Combat Training: Offensive and added Wolf Spider Armor. Ripped 2 slots from Single Shot and a slot from Surveillance, and 4-slotted the power with Unbreakable Guard to cap melee defense. Reslotted Surveillance with a single Achilles proc.
  • I can't live without a travel power, and double Tactics seemed like both an unnecessary endurance drain and overkill on ToHit. Replaced Tactics with Super Jump with a KB protection IO, and moved the Gaussian's set to TacTrain:Leadership.
  • Reslotted Web Cocoon to 5-slot Lockdown set for AoE defense bonus to cap off AoE. Moved the sixth slot to Health for Preventive Medicine proc, because that thing has gotten me consistently out of any situation where I should've been dead.

Now with all that, since my positional defenses are all softcapped, and with Sprint toggled on my end drain according to Mids is a comfortable 1.29/s, I definitely will be slotting this up with Musculature Core alpha.

Behold my altitis

Webmistress Shelob - Crab Spider Soldier (50)

Bulldog Palmieri - AR/Devices Blaster (50)

Queen I - Elec/FF Controller (50)

Sir Bedrock - Fire/Stone Brute (50)

I like a lot of the enhancement assignments and slotting advice provided by the OP. The only major (not really that big a deal) I've made in my build is to 5 slot the Dominion of Arachnos in Frag Grenade instead, and keep the Force Feedback proc. I do this because Venom Grenade and Frag Grenade have nearly the exact same proc rates (+/- 2%), but Venom Grenade has twice the radius. So I try to get 2-3 damage procs in Venom Grenade since it will hit more targets more often, and it provides a little front loaded damage boost to the DoT. 

Of course, this comes at a lower proc rate for Force Feedback, so choose your flavor. There's no right or wrong way. 

5 hours ago, KelvinKole said:

Of course, this comes at a lower proc rate for Force Feedback, so choose your flavor. There's no right or wrong way.

That's actually one of the things that I wrestled with while making the build, since the slotting was in a lot of ways somewhat interchangeable.  As you can see, I decided that the higher proc chance per $Targets was the (for me) better solution, in which case it was more important to put the proc on the power with the smaller AoE so as to increase the proc chance per $Target.  That in turn makes the proc more "reliable" with fewer $Targets to affect ... which has been known to happen from time to time.

Besides, I wanted the -Damage and Terrorize proc happening on the larger Venom Grenade AoE instead, since it offered a greater crowd control (via Terrorize) than the alternative of doing that through Frag Grenade.  So that was my thinking there.

IifneyR.gif

• 2 weeks later
On 3/17/2020 at 4:43 AM, Redlynne said:

Specifically, I'm referring to THIS ...

Level 12:    Heavy Burst    
 (A) HamiO: Centriole Exposure (+2 Dam/Range)
 (13) HamiO: Centriole Exposure (+2 Dam/Range)
 (31) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range: Level 50
 (31) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (31) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20
 (33) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 10

happening for multiple days (maybe a week?) while I get everything sorted and posted into place.

Awesome builds & great insights!

I'm currently trying to adapt the information you provided into my own build. Mine is more crabbermindy, I'm trying to make pets as tough as possible. It seems to me that their damage overshadows even your highly efficient attack chain. Also a tad more def + res for me.

One question: Are there specific reasons why you are not using lvl50 enhancements? Annihilation has lvl27 and lvl20. Also Exped Reinforcemen in Call Reinf only has lvl31. Beats me. Could you please elaborate on your reasoning behind the reduced enhancement levels?

3 hours ago, Bierfuizl said:

One question: Are there specific reasons why you are not using lvl50 enhancements? Annihilation has lvl27 and lvl20. Also Exped Reinforcemen in Call Reinf only has lvl31. Beats me. Could you please elaborate on your reasoning behind the reduced enhancement levels?

Habits from 8 years ago.  We didn't have "easy access" to Attuned Enhancements back then like we do now.

Level 27 (locked) slots retain their set bonuses all the way down to Level 24, which is the upper end of the 20-24 Contact bracket.

Level 31 (locked) slots retain their set bonuses all the way down to Level 28, which matches the upper boundary of Moonfire Task Force in Striga (and the 25-29 Contact bracket).

IifneyR.gif

On 6/5/2020 at 2:31 AM, Redlynne said:

Habits from 8 years ago.  We didn't have "easy access" to Attuned Enhancements back then like we do now.

Level 27 (locked) slots retain their set bonuses all the way down to Level 24, which is the upper end of the 20-24 Contact bracket.

Level 31 (locked) slots retain their set bonuses all the way down to Level 28, which matches the upper boundary of Moonfire Task Force in Striga (and the 25-29 Contact bracket).

Old habits die hard ;).

Thanks for the enlightenment!

Below's my current draft build. Slot placement is a little bit messy due to the modifications I made to your layout. I went a tad more resistance, the 3.13% melee def in Unbreakable Guard is also hard to pass up for me. Def is fine otherwise as I usually run with another soldier, so we already are in def overkill mode most of the time. Had to squeeze in Hasten to keep the pets up. Force Feedback Proc alone doesn't seem to be enough (I replaced Posi with Ragna afterwards). Maybe a couple more % here and there to be had by some more fine-tuning but I like the overall feel of it. The purple sets are currently in for testing. Might not need them as the higher recharge IOs hurt Decimation, FF and damage procs.

I put more focus on the pets as their damage output seems to somewhat overshadow even your highly tuned attack chain. But damage without pets is much more impressive than my current build which is too tankery. Currently trying out Barrier + Support. That usually gets the pets through +3/x8 content solo if I time my  activations right. In teams +4/x8 should be fine too as aggro will be spread around more. Call to Arms (5%) + Edict (5%) + 2xManeuvers (16%+4%) + Barrier (min. 5%) + Support (12%) keeps them at 47% def most of the time. Together with Soldier friend it will be 60+.

Kept your attack chain and most of it's slotting. Still unsure about mace mastery. Switching weapons hurts alot speed-wise. But Shatter Armor is nice single traget damage + another res debuf. Against bosses/EBs/AVs it seems a decent replacement for the 2nd Burst in your attack chain. But it's so sloooooooow. And melee. Not sure if it's really any big dps increase, but with the additional -res I'd like to think so.

I was amazed by the speed of sprint + beast run (almost 70mph). But I'm in love with Flight's cruise mode. Running/jumping is too fiddly for me.

Pylon time without Lore pets is around 1:05 atm. With lore it can get as low as 0:37 (1,135 dps!).

I replaced Entropic Chaos with the new Power Transfer proc. Don't need the lvl50 EndMod. Not sure how it compares to Entropic Chaos proc though.

Victory Rush + Vengeance deliver wicked boni. But I'm a tab targetting guy. Having to click on arrested corpses (hehe) is not my kind of thing. And there are usually so many bodies lying around it can be hard to find the big guys. How do you handle target selection for Victory Rush?

Otherwise this build is coming close to my Plant/Psi/Psi dominator in overall awesomeness. And that one's a true beast.

Edit: Some early observations. Build performs quite nicely. The added recharge gets Aim up more often and also enables full AoE chain against large groups. You can always sprinkle in some Bursts or Shatter Armor for the procs against the harder targets in groups. Shatter Armor is nice against EBs/AVs. With good timing and some additonal damage buffs it deals a wicked amount of damage. Weapon switching and long animation and melee makes it sub-par during sweeps. With Support + Barrier and some caution I can keep the pets alive most of the time in +3/x8 fire farm.

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
	|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
	|MxDz;1580;751;1502;HEX;|
	|78DA6D945B4F135110C767B7DB422F50B0F4C24D2C506829942EA0AF86209208180|
	|C88C69766A51BD8A4B6755B137DF4C12F605434F1C1477D311135C6DB83DFC30B9A|
	|1845455011A389A9D3335358C54DDADFD9FF5C7666CEEE993C7BC0737BECFC7E900|
	|22319AD50480D9BDADC423657484DE732694337AB0E6BC533A696B1015E55F88BFC|
	|EB51488C98DAC9D474DE48EB66458CCC989A9135B2F3A9312D3DAF17FF76AA18C13|
	|D95CB65120733C6FC42D12BD613BA861E850523EF12F7D3795D4F7B2AA63C060546|
	|F3C65C627674782635A9CDE9F85728EAE6B910D6D607D6AB64878C02A02A209F626|
	|6894A8E99273A4E1397DC182689581982B868455B08E954A07AC02628575C30BFA4|
	|CA22CED5CB4C103DFDC4BA2431701DDD430A3CC0FC36CA0F36BF246C4E1CAA9D353|
	|B6B7E9E7559AB8A83D01E62AC93FCEC4E17F9B5B0FF1E37F337889AC3B5741FF612|
	|B13B7073CDEE2184C3061E66C312E5DFFDD6467C87F461AE67B2E8D781E61A8EADB|
	|9443EB597995788758BC45D5799D788F5D88497E7E9E55A3BC7C9D6FD8D58EEB39E|
	|F3D70FD0BC1A2EF0DC0689A12162D35E62CB3EA21B837D3C27DF73D21E63A37E9EA|
	|7FF565973C05DD482A4D9821BF4DCD04F62EC3BB1F707F109FA36727C630788F87B|
	|A835F3EC9BDFF39C5689E14FC49E15E607E647E2238C6DE57CADE1723E274000A08|
	|DEB6EE3B9DC47BF769E43FB0B59EC63C74BE60ACADDC865BAEF7CCD7C437C8AB111|
	|8E8DACD11CBAD6995F985F659E3B7383581E47946B891E25ED0E6E789CF3C5E3A4F|
	|57631A3C4BE18B38719A57E3711098E4D701FFDDC47FF2BE608C5A8DC8FCAFDB4E3|
	|7E2669565292DF7B95D9A26C7DD7004DA4F558B5125E90B42A7D346D7587D7E00E6|
	|5E83F71E3CAD669509AB0DA9D586DAD0253CAD64900523355E4ACC32F9CB4D2AA0B|
	|EDBCF312BF496BDB9A2C85E944699AA59326764812BBFCD91A17A55AD6AD718BB2D|
	|0AA2FD214639B747A9D7089EAC4B38F58D6C72CEBE396F52F7C0B555EDFC4574FE5|
	|5E6FF8B6F5B1E0B6FE0769AFF394|
	|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
Edited by Bierfuizl
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 5:56 AM, Bierfuizl said:

Pylon time without Lore pets is around 1:05 atm. With lore it can get as low as 0:37 (1,135 dps!).

Edit: Some early observations. Build performs quite nicely. The added recharge gets Aim up more often and also enables full AoE chain against large groups. You can always sprinkle in some Bursts or Shatter Armor for the procs against the harder targets in groups. Shatter Armor is nice against EBs/AVs. With good timing and some additonal damage buffs it deals a wicked amount of damage. Weapon switching and long animation and melee makes it sub-par during sweeps. With Support + Barrier and some caution I can keep the pets alive most of the time in +3/x8 fire farm.

Very cool build.

Just out of curiosity, what is your DPS with no pets at all? I wanted to run with teams and I know pets can sometimes go poof or wander off. Wanted to see how good a Crab is in those situations.

On 6/12/2020 at 3:42 AM, Substaticman said:

Very cool build.

Just out of curiosity, what is your DPS with no pets at all? I wanted to run with teams and I know pets can sometimes go poof or wander off. Wanted to see how good a Crab is in those situations.

It's not too shabby. AoE damage is still excellent, single target damage against tougher opponents certainly not as impressive as with pets. Just got 'Avatar Smasher' solo at +2/x8. 2nd half of 2nd Hamidon Avatar's hitpoint I had to do without pets (lore down, others went poof during 1st half of HP). Took a wee while but still doable.

In teams you still provide +def, +tohit, +dam without the pets. And decent AoE damage on top.

• 2 weeks later

"target_custom_near enemy defeated$$powexec_name Victory Rush" if you don't care about Which it targets, lol.

I tried to mimic this build (adding a purple or so) with the backpack variants and soft capped melee/ranged with some small changes... 

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Crab Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Crab Spider Training
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Channelgun -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(27)
Level 1: Crab Spider Armor Upgrade -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(27)
Level 2: Longfang -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(3), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Apc-Dam%(5)
Level 4: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc(A)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Wide Area Web Grenade -- EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(A), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(9), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(9), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(21), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(21), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(23)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(11), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), RedFrt-Def(13), RedFrt-EndRdx(15)
Level 12: Suppression -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(15), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), Dtn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rng(17), HO:Centri(19), HO:Centri(19)
Level 14: Venom Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(33)
Level 16: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(36), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(36), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), PstBls-Dam%(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 20: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Build%(40)
Level 22: Tactical Training: Leadership -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 24: Fortification -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(40)
Level 26: Mental Training -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 28: Serum -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(40), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(42), Prv-Absorb%(43)
Level 30: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Summon Spiderlings -- CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(43), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(43), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(45), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(45)
Level 38: Call Reinforcements -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(46), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(46), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(48)
Level 41: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Frenzy -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Conditioning 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
------------
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 53.54 Toxic Damage (12% chance, CancelOnMiss)
  • 19.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 19.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 19.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 19.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 19.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 19.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 19.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 19.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 5% Defense
  • 16.31% Defense(Smashing)
  • 16.31% Defense(Lethal)
  • 8.5% Defense(Fire)
  • 8.5% Defense(Cold)
  • 10.06% Defense(Energy)
  • 10.06% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 22.88% Defense(Melee)
  • 14.13% Defense(Ranged)
  • 11% Defense(AoE)
  • 4.95% Max End
  • 3% Enhancement(Immobilized)
  • 87.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 10% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 24% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 15% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 253 HP (23.62%) HitPoints
  • 15% JumpHeight
  • 15% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 57.5%
  • MezResist(Held) 57.5%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 57.5%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 57.5%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 57.5%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 57.5%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 11.5% (0.2 End/sec) Recovery
  • 42% (2.25 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 15% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 22% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 22% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 28.75% Resistance(Fire)
  • 28.75% Resistance(Cold)
  • 16.75% Resistance(Energy)
  • 16.75% Resistance(Negative)
  • 19% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 19% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 15% SpeedRunning

Currently experimenting with Mu Mastery. Animation times are very good, so weapon draw isn't such a pain as with Mace. The missing -res in Shatter Armor hurts a bit against big targets but will need some more testing on how it affects day-to-day performance. Electrifying Fences is a proc BEAST! When all the procs fire it beats Heavy Burst and Frag Grenade damage-wise. It also provides -KB (but lacks -fly and only 40' range). The patron immobs are all somewhat lacking compared to Web Grenade.

So,  I'm trying to figure out where this ~58% recharge for preventative medicine is coming from. Am I just dumb? or blind? Is the recharge in the individual enhancements global?

Edited by Glubba

9 hours ago, Glubba said:

So,  I'm trying to figure out where this ~58% recharge for preventative medicine is coming from. Am I just dumb? or blind? Is the recharge in the individual enhancements global?

The set bonus? Normal IO bonus alone is 70+% recharge if you 6-slot Preventive Medicine. Not sure I'm getting your question right though.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:43 PM, Redlynne said:

+86.25% global recharge from sets

+20% global recharge from Mental Training

+58.98% global recharge from Preventative Medicine

= +165.23% recharge on Serum

I think I’m just confused by the term “global recharge” for preventative medicine. We’re talking about recharge specifically in the Preventative medicine enhancements correct?

7 minutes ago, Glubba said:

+58.98% global recharge from Preventative Medicine

Overly hasty typing.

Meant the slotted enhancement values in Preventative Medicine, not the global buffs from outside the power.

IifneyR.gif

• 2 weeks later

Interesting build. Definitely saving that for later use.

One tweak I made (aside from maxing out the level of the IOs) is swapping Debilitating Action for Enfeebled Operation in Wide Area Web Grenade. This trades a little AoE DEF to soft cap Melee DEF. This also grants a little more global recharge.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

So I had a ... peculiar thought ... yesterday, and opened up the build planner to have a look at it and started getting back some pretty funky answers that I'm going to need to spend more time investigating and noodling around with to see if it pans out to be a worthwhile alternative build choice.

Basically, I wondered what would happen if I ditched the two Summons powers on a HuntsCrab and instead went for adding the ranged backpack attacks ON TOP OF the rifle ranged attacks.

Yes ... this would mean weapon redraw when switching from backpack attacks over to rifle attacks ... but there's something really ... curious ... that happens to the attack chains and slotting by making this transition to a "blended" HuntsCrab configuration.

But let me back up for a moment here to make the thinking about this idea more obvious for those people playing along with the home game version.

One of the reasons for wanting to build a (pure) Huntsman with as much global recharge as you can fit into the build (while still adequately supporting other priorities for investments) is because a Huntsman on the Crab side of things can have up to 4 really long recharge powers ... Serum (your Dull Pain clone power) and the two Summons powers @ 35 and 38 for Spiderlings and Reinforcements ... and I suppose Aim (at 90s base) but that's not that big of a factor to build planning, all things considered.  Everything else you'd be using is going to fall into the 30s base recharge or faster categories (Wide Area Web Grenade is 30s base recharge).

However, if you ditch the Summons then the only really long recharge power you'll have is Serum ... with Aim again not being a controlling interest driving recharge considerations.  At that point, relaxing how much global recharge you "need" to put into the build becomes an option, even if it means that Serum is no longer perma.

The flipside to this is that the animations on the backpack attacks are really long compared to their rifle animation counterparts (arcanatime/recharge).  Have a look:

Rifle … Single Shot: 1.056s / 4s
Backpack … Channelgun: 1.584s / 4s

Rifle … Burst: 1.188s / 8s
Backpack … Longfang: 2.244s / 8s

Rifle … Heavy Burst: 2.904s / 12s
Backpack … Suppression: 3.168s / 16s

Rifle … Venom Grenade: 1.848s / 24s
Backpack … Venom Grenade: 1.848s / 24s

Rifle … Frag Grenade: 1.848s / 16s / 1.25 KB
Backpack … Frag Grenade: 1.848s / 16s / 3.74 KB

Rifle Only … Wide Area Web Grenade: 1.848s / 30s

If you take Single Shot+Channelgun and Burst+Longfang and Heavy Burst+Suppression and add up their arcanatimes you get:

1.056+1.584 + 1.188+2.244 + 2.904+3.168 = 12.144s

Throw a Frag Grenade into the mix (rifle or backpack, the only meaningful difference is that the backpack version does 3x the Knockback of the rifle version!) and you get:

12.144 + 1.848 = 13.992s

13.992 seconds to animate all of those attacks just once.

So you're basically taking 14 seconds to animate those 7 attacks (4 single targets, 2 cones, 1 target AoE).

That in turn means that if you're doing a repeating chain with no variations in it, you would only need to get the 16s recharge times under 10.824s so that Suppression could recharge in time to be repeated without needing to wait.

13.992 - 3.168 = 10.824

That means that the total recharge needed on Suppression then becomes:

16 / 10.824 = +47.82%

With Mental Training adding +20% global recharge, you would only need an additional +27.82% global recharge from sets in order to be able to perma loop the above attack chain using each attack once (and that's assuming you don't wind up using Single Shot and/or Channelgun more than once per cycle to pad it out and not need ANY global recharge at all!).

Add a Venom Grenade into the mix ... extending the animation time out to 15.84s(!!) ... and you basically don't need ANY global recharge (beyond Mental Training) for ANY of your attack powers other than Venom Grenade and Wide Area Web Grenade.  And it ought to be a simple enough matter to get enough recharge enhancement slotted into Venom Grenade and Wide Area Web Grenade for them to recharge in under 16s so that you can use them too as a part of every "full" rotation of all of your attack powers.

Now, one thing to be aware of is that the rifle/backpack versions of the Venom Grenade and Frag Grenade powers are essentially interchangeable with one another (animation and recharge times are the same, damage is the same, etc.), but they are mutually exclusive of each other.  So you can have only ONE Venom Grenade and ONE Frag Grenade ... not both of each.  You can't "double dip" on the grenade powers at all.

Beyond that, the only difference is that the backpack Frag Grenade delivers (as previously mentioned) 3x the Knockback of the rifle Frag Grenade power.

So the easiest way to think of it is that you can only have ONE of each of the 3 Grenade powers (and Wide Area Web Grenade is a rifle only attack power), while the remaining single target and cone attack powers you CAN take BOTH and use BOTH within the same build.  This then means you can have:

Single Shot (r)

Channelgun (b)

Burst (r)

Longfang (b)

Heavy Burst (r)

Suppression (b)

Venom Grenade (r) -OR- Venom Grenade (b)

Frag Grenade (r) -OR- Frag Grenade (b)

Wide Area Web Grenade (r)

That is NINE total attack powers!  NINE!

Point being, when you've got THAT MANY attack powers, especially if they're all slotted up, you don't NEED a huge pile of global recharge in order to make a repeating attack chain out of them ... and if you don't need a lot of global recharge to make your attack powers flow smoothly, what DO you need a lot of global recharge for?

Answer ... Serum and Aim ... if you don't have Summon Spiderlings or Summon Reinforcements.

So the experiment basically involves loading out a HuntsCrab with NINE attack powers, turning global recharge into a "dump stat" for the build and just going in a completely different direction than the stock 'n' standard Huntsman needs all the global recharge build plan.  It's one of those cases of discovering what looks like a new island of stability beyond the explored map of what we already know that could possibly yield an entire new set of enticing possibilities for how to play a HuntsCrab as an alternate build.

The possibility that has ME most intrigued by all of this is the potential of putting a Decimation proc into Longfang, where it will have the highest possible proc chance, and then routinely following that up with Suppression, Frag Grenade and then Heavy Burst for a seriously HEAVY force multiplier effect from the Decimation Build Up proc via THREE AoE attacks (2 cones, 1 target AoE), since EVERY $Target hit while the Build Up proc is active would receive the damage buff ... and you only need to activate a power before the 5.25s buff duration expires for the buff to apply to that power.  This would in turn mean that although the Build Up buff duration is only 5.25s ... Suppression and Frag Grenade have a combined arcanatime of 3.168+1.848=5.016 ... so you still have 0.234s after Frag Grenade to activate Heavy Burst and STILL gain the benefit of the Build Up proc for the entire animation time of Heavy Burst.  So even though Suppression+Frag Grenade+Heavy Burst has a total combined arcanatime of 7.92s, it is possible to have the 5.25s Build Up proc from Decimation apply to all three powers due to the timing of their animations.

So ... yeah ... there would seem to be some opportunities in a HuntsCrab build that turns global recharge into a "dump stat" for the build in order to focus on 9 attack powers plus the auto/toggle powers of the secondaries, blended with the Leadership toggles and the additional pool(s) of choice ... in order to make an offensive attack chain that can hybridize single target and AoE attack powers with ease and play as a real powerhouse attacker.

This would seem to be worthy of more inquiry.

The only real "loser" in the switch (as far as I can tell) is ... Serum stops being perma.

Oh well ...

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

That many attack powers costs way too many slots to make effective.

In addition it is a significant loss of DPS because the Pets do damage in addition to your rotation which is capped by animation speed.

A whole bunch of mid DPA attacks does not add up to good DPS because you can only use 1 attack at a time.

Edited by Maxzero

9 hours ago, Maxzero said:

That many attack powers costs way too many slots to make effective.

Except that I was 6-slotting the two Summon powers, which can then be repurposed into 2 of the 3 attack powers that I was adding.  And then if I reshuffle slots between the attack powers to align more to 5-slotting across multiple powers, instead of 6-slotting everything, then it's possible to have enough slots for all of those powers.

In addition it is a significant loss of DPS because the Pets do damage in addition to your rotation which is capped by animation speed.

This is true ... but only while those Pets have 1+ HP.  However, Pets that are exterminated do not contribute additional DPS beyond what your PC can dish out personally.  So what you assert is true, but conditional upon those Pets being able/allowed to continue adding more damage.  But if they get defeated quickly then that opportunity is not as ... helpful ... as it might at first appear.  So the real answer depends upon how long your Pets can be kept alive (and attacking).

A whole bunch of mid DPA attacks does not add up to good DPS because you can only use 1 attack at a time.

Maybe not, but I'm thinking it would be rather FUN to play ... and that's what's most important (to me, at least).

Also, depending to the ... shape(s) ... of the powers getting used, there would be a variety of ways to surge types of powers for specific purposes/effects so as to adapt to the current situation and circumstances.  Things like being able to lay down 2 cones and 2 target AoE grenade damage attacks to deliver a huge amount of damage in a shorter time frame would potentially be very helpful in somewhat granular time frames, as opposed to calculating damage delivery over an infinite time horizon to determine average damage output.

But all of that is stuff that needs more research to get a better handle on the comparison analysis (as mentioned).

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

The only benefit with that idea may be that because you are forgoing recharge slotting and bonuses, you could go with 4 proc, 2 50+5 Damage in all of the attacks, with Tactics etc, providing your accuracy.  

I don't think it would actually be competitive with a more standard Soldiermind or Crabbermind build.  You can already have two "3 proc each, 95% damage enhancement" single target attacks + VG and make a full chain out of that with a high recharge build, so I don't see what a 9 attack proccd chain would do for you.  Just wastes power picks.  

• Like 1

That's why I say it warrants more research and noodling around in the build planner (which takes TIME ... unfortunately).  But it's precisely those kinds of "well that's odd..." moments that can potentially lead to new discoveries, rather than staying on the already well beaten track and doing the same thing(s) forever.

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

10 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

The only benefit with that idea may be that because you are forgoing recharge slotting and bonuses, you could go with 4 proc, 2 50+5 Damage in all of the attacks, with Tactics etc, providing your accuracy.  

I don't think it would actually be competitive with a more standard Soldiermind or Crabbermind build.  You can already have two "3 proc each, 95% damage enhancement" single target attacks + VG and make a full chain out of that with a high recharge build, so I don't see what a 9 attack proccd chain would do for you.  Just wastes power picks.  

Spot on.

Due to the stranglehold animation time has on DPS the mechanical advantages pets have (animation independant DPS) it's basically impossible to replace pets with ST attacks for a overall DPS gain. It's why MMs and Crabs dominate pylon kill times.

Pet fragility is rarely an issue since the only time you need this level of DPS is for AVs anyway and in these fights you should be tanking the hits anyway.

Edited by Maxzero

• 1 year later