Focused Feedback: Invention Procs (Release Candidates)

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic.
    • Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
    • The thread will be locked when no more feedback is required, but you are more than welcome to continue the discussion in a new thread.
  • Changes from the previous build will be listed in green.
  • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (as in, not changes relevant to the live version of the game) will be listed in blue.

Invention Procs

• Call of the Sandman: Chance for Heal
    • No longer procs multiple times per power
    • Heal increased from 5% to 15%
    • This proc is now unique
  • Gaussian's Synchronised Fire Control: Chance for Build Up
    • Should now once again work on pets to-hit powers, but will not will not proc on the pet owner when using pet-summoning powers
  • Edict of the Master
    • Now shows defense under all defense types instead of under base defense
  • Thanks 3

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Does this mean the changes from last patch which made it only trigger once in an AoE are reverted, or is it still "trigger once but 15%?" I can't get on to test but this seems to be a reasonable compromise.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Should now once again work on pets to-hit powers, but will not will not proc on the pet owner when using pet-summoning powers

Well, progress. Technically just back to stage 1 but with less, but it's a start. Any reason the player proc is officially removed?

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Call of the Sandman: Chance for Heal

• PPM reduced from 3 to 2
    • Note that the live value is currently 2
  • Heal increased from 5% to 15%

I think people will be happy with this.

• Like 1

Thank you power devs for putting up with players complaining and begging, and still being cool enough to listen and consider other views.
This looks great!

Gaussian's Synchronised Fire Control: Chance for Build Up

• Should now once again work on pets to-hit powers, but will not will not proc on the pet owner when using pet-summoning powers

Me and my UZI toting Enforcers also thank you! :classic_laugh:
Very glad to have this back eventually. It's a really fun mechanic.

The Call of the Sandman proc change is actually pretty sweet. That turns several of the Control set AoE Sleeps into reliable 15% self heals. Mainly that's a boon for Dominators, since most secondaries lack any kind of self heal. 

For sure Electric Control and Mind Control will want to slot their sleeps with this proc.

Edited by oedipus_tex

Heh, heck with that. I'm considering reslotting my Ele/Shield Stalker, with no self-heal, with 2 of these. Considering the character has no self-heal or +regen other than Health, this should probably double his effective regeneration rate in combat. I can see Mesmerize as being another good place for it, if you're going to use Mez as a regular part of your attack chain.

That makes this proc a worthwhile consideration in a lot of circumstances.

Any chance entropic chaos could get a smidgen of a bump in heal strength or up the PPM of it so it is a bit more reliable for characters that have limited healing ability?

A 15% heal means this will be an ok option for electric melee characters who have a slot to spare and need some incidental mitigation.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

13 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

Doesnt the Stalkers Genetic corruption from Bio Armor slot sleep IOs also in an AoE?

Elec/Bio stalker would have quite some healing just from this one proc alone lol.

Given the toggle proc rules, that's about ~17.5% chance to proc (per target) once every 10 seconds.  Not terribly reliable healing from that.

2 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Given the toggle proc rules, that's about ~17.5% chance to proc (per target) once every 10 seconds.  Not terribly reliable healing from that.

With multiple mobs it would only need to proc off one. 2 procs per minute at 15% heal per proc is still nice healing for a single IO proc. Add procs from say 2 of the electric melee attacks also, could add up to a lot of healing.

Edited by Gobbledegook

On 3/19/2020 at 12:35 PM, Caulderone said:

I have an Incarnate Stalker with the CotS proc in Genetic Contamination.  I've ported her and am waiting for the game to patch to test.

Quick calculations have the chance to proc top 50% at 3 targets, 75% at 7 targets and 85% at 10 targets.

The +Regen equivalent on my toon given her +HP (37.4%) should be about +160% with 5 targets.  It only works in combat of course, but that's still pretty strong.

[Edit:]

After testing, it's a bit disappointing compared to the calculations.  I ran BP missions in DA at +4x8 and found the proc rate was about 1/3rd that of the Panacea due to BP refusing to close range unless herded and things running away from me regularly even if I did herd them.  I didn't move as fast between groups as I sometimes let Hide recycle and waited for Vorpal and Savage Leap 2 or 3 times.  Additionally, Minions die fast around this toon.  Also, my high Def and Absorb made healing less valuable.  Still, it's at least twice as good as it was before (that is, as the stackable 5% heal on Live).

Edited by csr
Added info; added more info after a second short test
  • Thanks 1

• Jimmy changed the title to Focused Feedback: Invention Procs (RC 1)

Out of curiousity, what's the procedure for builds that might have more than one Call of the Sandman proc slotted? I'm guessing they're grandfathered in until that character does a respec, but is there any validation happening on login that's going to prevent someone from getting their character online?

10 minutes ago, Mystic Fortune said:

hmm.JPG.b5f22195b63f1190b955e8416cf011ac.JPG

Are we okay with this? Because I'm perfectly okay with this...

This is slotted in Jacob's Ladder on my Shield/Electrical Tank.

It sure is. It's giving you the 15% of your base.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

10 minutes ago, Mystic Fortune said:

I like it. But that was just a test slotting. I actually need to find room for it in the build. Because that's a pretty amazing heal.

It likely will still be weaker for tanks that used Stone Mastery's sleep power, but switching it to effectively a 3-stack version of its old self, no more no less, is a great compromise.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I can't shake the feeling the changes to the sandman proc are going by... Too silently. I'm also shaky on the premise that it's too powerful and must-have on aoe sleeps, when the +defense uniques are so cornerstone to every build.  I guess this boils down to there being so few aoe sleeps that can abuse this, vs everyone can grab Tough for those 2 gimmes.

I have an Electric Control Dominator and an Earth Mastery Tanker on live and both have the heal proc. I find it curious that I don't even notice the heal on either. In fact, I don't think Static Field is capable of proccing more than once (I did an informal test a few months back and concluded it must be activating on the act of summoning the patch and then my character is detached from the effect).

I haven't done any real testing on Tanker Salt Crystals, but if it's good healing, I've yet to notice.

• Jimmy changed the title to Focused Feedback: Invention Procs (Release Candidates)

My gut response at seeing it was now unique was to make a face, but having looked at the set's composition and its set bonuses I think it's fine.

That said, you know what we could use now that we've got some end mod with damage sets? A sleep set that contains damage.  Something people could slot into electric brawl punches and various mind control powers like Mesmerize. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

50 minutes ago, Erydanus said:

My gut response at seeing it was now unique was to make a face, but having looked at the set's composition and its set bonuses I think it's fine.

That said, you know what we could use now that we've got some end mod with damage sets? A sleep set that contains damage.  Something people could slot into electric brawl punches and various mind control powers like Mesmerize. 

Seems like a waste of effort to design a whole set for the three people that want to enhance the sleep "functionality" of electric melee, frozen aura, etc. Mesmerize is the only mind control sleep that takes damage, and it's duration is such that you don't really need to enhance it anyways. Unless they rework sleep as a mechanic, it's basically a useless side effect for most powers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

Seems like a waste of effort to design a whole set for the three people that want to enhance the sleep "functionality" of electric melee, frozen aura, etc. Mesmerize is the only mind control sleep that takes damage, and it's duration is such that you don't really need to enhance it anyways. Unless they rework sleep as a mechanic, it's basically a useless side effect for most powers.

It's as well-thought-out as the confuse damage procs that notify the enemy when the confuse doesn't, even when they don't fire, which prevent you from stacking confuses on a boss before they aggro.

• Like 1

• Jimmy unpinned this topic
On 3/27/2020 at 12:57 PM, Bossk_Hogg said:

Well, if you don't like the offhand suggestion you're in luck, you don't have to expend any effort doing this. I personally wonder how many people will make use of an endmod-with-damage set but if people on the HC Dev team are interested in making new inventions, that's up to them and I support them in expanding the game! And if they're interested in expanding the selection of IOs, here's a subtype of invention that is wholly unaddressed.

If they were to do 2 new sleep with damage sets, chances are good there might be an interesting damage proc in there. How about a "chance for damage with a delay"? Like the proc damage doesn't fire until 5 seconds later when the targetprobably took damage again and was already awakened? Or maybe a proc damage packet that doesn't fire until the sleep ends? That would be super interesting.

• Jimmy locked this topic