Defibrillator Test Team Task Force

Bopper

22 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

The get together is a Sunday, so if anyone at all can join up for this test run, it would be very much appreciated.

I'll ping you and Replacement (if they're available) as soon as I can get on. I'm aiming for morning, but not sure exact.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

@Myrmidonare you available now?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Did some testing with @Replacement using the Ally Rez feature of Defibrillate. The big take away, the radius (20 feet) is greatly underperforming. I stood at times 15ft away from the defeated Ally, target an enemy that stood between me and the defeated Ally, and the rez didn't happen. Replacement will provide screenshots in a follow up post for visual evidence. Here is one screenshot I did take where I was near the edge of the radius (19ft) with an enemy standing between us and slightly to the side (safe to say, within 20 ft). No rez.

Spoiler

image.png.1c521f60a6ebbab4df46734893079fbb.png

Also worth noting, I was able to cast Defibrillate using my Galvanic Sentinel as the target, as well as a living Friendly/Teammate. Not sure if that's intended, but it can be done.

As for other aspects of our test, we looked at the following:

Defibrillate: Ally Rez Test
Rez? Allies Enemies? Galv.Sent? Static?
Yes 1 No No No
Yes 1 No No Yes
Yes 1 No Yes No
Yes 1 No Yes Yes
Yes 1 Yes No No
Yes 1 Yes No Yes
N/A 1 Yes Yes No
Yes 1 Yes Yes Yes

So it appears everything does work. However the test was limited to one ally, using an Electrical Affinity level 50 defender. Again, the only qualm is the radius of the effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

Also worth noting, I was able to cast Defibrillate using my Galvanic Sentinel as the target, as well as a living Friendly/Teammate. Not sure if that's intended, but it can be done.

Is it possible that was just assist-through-ally targeting a valid target?

27 minutes ago, csr said:

Is it possible that was just assist-through-ally targeting a valid target?

Not sure. I was able to cast it on anyone, though. Teammate. Sentinel. Random person standing next to Ms. Liberty. It didnt matter if I was in a team or solo.

• Thanks 2

I like this one because you can see Bopper is 15' away from my cold, dead corpse, as is his target (I believe the behemoth but it doesn't actually matter which one he targeted).  Those are 10' tiles for reference.

I took lots more screenies but I don't think most of them show much that's missing from this one.

15-noRez-enemyTarget.thumb.png.b5eb9db36f7bf420d9a6b3283450dbf7.png

EDIT: I forgot to explain myself.  This screenshot was taken moments AFTER Defibrillate.  As you can see, I'm not alive and I don't have a rez prompt.  This was a "target enemy" test; no chance of it being passthrough targeting from the pet.  I'll sort through all the rest of what I collected tonight and post anything relevant.  I think everything else we tried was working as intended.  Did lots of combat monitoring and all looks hunky-dory there.

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 1

Caster at 11, but target (enemy) beyond 20'

caster-distance-inside-20.thumb.png.e983eeba3bf78c107e4abc74adf88506.png

Here's it working with caster @7', target further away (about 12') in case it matters to anything (doubt it)

7-rezYes-targetEnemy.thumb.png.6480af2b566e875817bc208e946aeefb.png

I'm guessing this is all just the description being wrong -- it says 20' radius aoe but I'm guessing it's actually 20' diameter.

If we can try again with someone alive to Immobilize, I'd be interested to see if the Enemy component has a different range.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Replacement said:

I'm guessing this is all just the description being wrong -- it says 20' radius aoe but I'm guessing it's actually 20' diameter.

If we can try again with someone alive to Immobilize, I'd be interested to see if the Enemy component has a different range.

While it wasn't necessarily explicitly stated, I'm taking a leap from @Jimmy's last comment that the power is activating off the target, and not from the caster, but he also said there were other components not working as intended (paraphrased). Nice to see the ability is (mostly) working, now we just need a bit more clarification, and see how it turns out in the next patch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

While it wasn't necessarily explicitly stated, I'm taking a leap from @Jimmy's last comment that the power is activating off the target, and not from the caster, but he also said there were other components not working as intended (paraphrased). Nice to see the ability is (mostly) working, now we just need a bit more clarification, and see how it turns out in the next patch.

We considered this possibility, but Bopper proved that's not the problem, as well, with the first screen shot I posted.  With both enemy and caster inside the 20' radius - still nothing.

@Myrmidon @Replacement or anyone else who's interested. Would you be available tomorrow evening to try some testing... perhaps 4pm PST (if all goes right with my schedule)? I'd like to reattack what we did yesterday, but also want to control the test a bit more by having 2 dead allies. I'll also try to get an immobilize power to keep targets fixed while we test.

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

@Myrmidon @Replacement or anyone else who's interested. Would you be available tomorrow evening to try some testing... perhaps 4pm PST (if all goes right with my schedule)? I'd like to reattack what we did yesterday, but also want to control the test a bit more by having 2 dead allies. I'll also try to get an immobilize power to keep targets fixed while we test.

Just about any day but tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Just about any day but tomorrow.

Ok, I can push it out. I'm curious what Myrmidon's availability is too. Might work better for them as well.

@Bopper, given a comment made by Number Six, did you double check any testing with LoS in the configuration?

Went back with the new client update and checked into some pre-standing issues, as Tex posted, the endurance reduction has shot through the roof now. Targetted a patch of 41 Nemesis with an 18 Stacked Defib and produced this return:

image.png.365b9a61124380744336e436090f52a7.png

Of course it floored them. They were also effectively knocked out of combat for four minutes. Also, stack cool down should probably be revisited. I tabbed away to start this post and tabbed back, activated Defib thinking I'd be cleared and realized it still consumed three stacks and it was after a full three minutes between. Of which, this is the Defib values I returned on the same spawn:

image.png.a881c70ea4cca72467dc1d509c98a258.png

I'd say we probably put a decimal in the wrong place. This would make a lot more sense if it were meant to be 50.99~ and not 5099~, which would translate the previous value of 19500 down to 195, still end-bar reducing, but not nearly as extreme. It would pair down the effect of Defib substantially into a "normal" range. With even a few stacks it'd clear out some end, but not all of it, it'd take the time-investment to get more.

Now with no stacks, even lower, and the Nem Units snapped back to attention within just 20/s:

image.png.7c9654132a82f269294e48c60c0d0e6d.png

Also, what's the debuff duration of the -Recovery effect from Defib currently? It seemed like ~5/s? With zero stacks, Defib with Galvanic out, the Nem Units sat for four minutes before finally recovering a small blip of endurance, at which point they finally decided to actually run compared to just sitting there (not asleep, just sitting there). Discharge I know is listed as a 10/s -Recovery for 50%, but Discharge alone is keeping an even-con enemy locked down. The AI seems to be giving two very different approaches to responding to a lack of endurance. Indifference, or complete panic, and it hasn't been consistent. I also tested against even-con 50 CoT Scientists who just sat there ... going on five minutes now, no endurance.

Scientists after eight minutes:

image.png.5140f8b5155da1cf10c20fdcb2507925.png

I let Galvanic fade and gave the Scientists a chance to recoup some end so they could fire off an attack or two, get engaged, get some blue, and then re-summoned Galvanic back, and Discharge had them shut back down within a matter of three hits. Is the -Recovery in Discharge stacking? Should it? I would presume it shouldn't be, but it seems like it might be.

Dug up some monkeys to keep testing on different targets:

image.png.b5cbd1872d29307a8d71137789bc714d.png

I caught this when Galvanic dispersed at the end of its duration:

image.png.9ed153b5edcdeda09d83741fab24e085.png

This popped quite often that the -3% End was putting the Rikti Monkey into the negative.

image.png.32ac659c4730a3d1fc7b16526f7db209.png

And this I caught in blips where it'd show -.78% for a fraction of a second in the analyzer, and then jump back to -1.55%

image.png.87f49ae9bf16913b5c5e785e88f358a4.png

Also saw similar oddities with the Regen rate:

image.png.e48c2e1fc66112ace9e7f3e6a8011b33.png

And at dispersion of the Sentinel:

image.png.68fbfdbd67d98969085a7d528943822d.png

I'd also see just -.1% (-.16) on occasion.

If the Monkey baseline is 1%, and the -Recovery is 50%, and I'm not a mathematician, far from it, but to me not one of those screen clips makes sense. Is the game translating a sub-1% value as null, or are the values doubling backwards and resulting in a rounded null value? Cause it's showing a base value of .6% after Discharge, and -.78% as the debuff, shouldn't it be 1% base still with a debuff of -.5%?

Mag check on the Monkeys was Mag 3, duration on a 13 stack Static ended up being roughly 90-105/s. Hitting a full 20 stacks of Static bumped up to ~3:00.

Also, about the last thing anyone every expects to see happen to a Pylon, first hit took it down to about 800 End, every follow up Defib with at least 6 stacks of Static dropped it to 0:

image.png.25372f58348c0f7cd8561d7d436606bb.png

Last thing I went back to test was Jousting and can confirm that it is working both with my character moving into a static target, the target moving with me static, and with both of us moving. All occurrences activated around the target as far as the Debuff and Sleep were concerned. There wasn't anyone on Test I could drag over to try a death/rez with, leave that more in-depth analysis to Bopper and friends 🙂

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Bopper said:

Unless something comes up, that time is good for me Tues, Wed and Fri.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

13 hours ago, Bopper said:

or anyone else who's interested. Would you be available tomorrow evening to try some testing... perhaps 4pm PST (if all goes right with my schedule)? I'd like to reattack what we did yesterday, but also want to control the test a bit more by having 2 dead allies. I'll also try to get an immobilize power to keep targets fixed while we test.

I can try to be there too...  I'm *really good* at being a dead ally.  Will you be monitoring the global chat?

ETA: Which Server?

Edited by Doc_Scorpion
  • Like 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

38 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

I can try to be there too...  I'm *really good* at being a dead ally.  Will you be monitoring the global chat?

ETA: Which Server?

I'm thinking 4 pm pst on Wednesday at Brainstorm 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

I'm available today (Tues), Wens is a solid maybe.

Word is defib is still bugged, so it won't be today. When they implement a quick fix, we will reattack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I'm thinking 4 pm pst on Wednesday at Brainstorm 

This should work for me.  I'm also probably available at the same time frames on Thurs and Friday (and of course, tonight, the moment you're available is basically right when I gotta take care of other stuff -- there's a reason I mostly solo on Live, you know).

Some suggestions, in case I'm not around to fulfill:

• Bring a Controller with aoe immobilize.  If we have a defender and controller both with EA, it could be a quick chance to ensure stuff like AT modifiers applying if we have time.
  • Make sure someone isn't 50, so some brief Exemplar tests can be run (I know we can do this with TFs and Ouroboros too but I find myself feeling like that's a bit incomplete of a test).
  • I suggest posting actual game-specific findings in the focused feedback thread, and maintaining this thread for planning chatter.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

A Controller within SO range or so should do the trick. Possibly even a Mastermind.

I already have a Mastermind with EA on Brainstorm.  It would be the work of just minutes to get her into SO range.

• Like 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)