Go. Fold. Kill Coronavirus. Join the Homecoming Folding@home Team Today!

Jimmy

I have a new PC on the way.  I hadn't realized how old my PC was until the tablet I bought about the same time started having battery issues.   5 years old, time for a major upgrade.  Should give me a major boost in ppd.    

On 5/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, Suicide Squirrel said:

@Psyblade, you cracked the top 5000, congrats on that.

we're #67 for monthly and #139 overall, keep up the good work everyone and we just might break into the top 100. that'd be freaking cool.

What happened suicide squirrel?  You haven’t posted any new WU in quite awhile. 

56 minutes ago, Suicide Squirrel said:

I'm here, I am covertly folding under another alias atm

Ahh, ok. I was curious seeing how hard you were folding than to see you just fall off. 

Edited by Psyblade

A lot of new folks really pouring on the clock-cycles! (or whatever term you wish to use)

Admittedly, my system is not at 100%, but I was still climbing nicely - and now I am falling like a rock even with not having turned off folding in since I got it back up.. what? 2 weeks ago now?

Maybe we can hit that overall Top 100 (and break Top 50 on a Monthly this month or next)!!  That would rock.

Bumped another notch last night to #7 even though I lost several hours when I had taken my old PC offline to replace it.   

Got all the parts yesterday for the new PC.  Assembled it, powered it up and the CPU was DOA.  😞  Now it won't be together till sometime Saturday.   Super excited to get it going, it's a major upgrade over my 5 year old rig.

17 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

Bumped another notch last night to #7 even though I lost several hours when I had taken my old PC offline to replace it.   

Got all the parts yesterday for the new PC.  Assembled it, powered it up and the CPU was DOA.  😞  Now it won't be together till sometime Saturday.   Super excited to get it going, it's a major upgrade over my 5 year old rig.

Ouch. That sucks. What did you upgrade to?

I’ve had so many issues with my computer upgrade. My main one is still down after like a month. 

2 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

I'll post some pics and specs once I get it all together and working.  It was a nightmare trying to get all of the components without paying obnoxious price gougers.

Yea, motherboard prices are crazy right now.  I bought my most recent one just as they started to climb.

I’m hopping to get my water loop finished today. And leak test tonight and tomorrow. I have some new risers coming next week which will be nice. 

I posted on the discord as well but in case those mentioned missed it:

Time for me to throw in the towel, I've definitely done more then I should. I fear my electric bill this month, and my office is roasting! Congrats to Ura_Hero, Malohin, Super_Sloth, MChemManiac, and Some_Girl. Who will officially knock me out of the top 10 before the end of the month. Congrats to all top 10 Winners this month. And thank you for taking my baton from me in this Relay!

image.png.f46bd65afb0db492132ea463b6a4aa59.png

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

Has anyone else been struggling for work units today?  I started off the day with WUs 100% complete but not sent, then as the day went on I couldn't get WUs for GPUs. 

5 hours ago, Bok said:

Has anyone else been struggling for work units today?  I started off the day with WUs 100% complete but not sent, then as the day went on I couldn't get WUs for GPUs. 

They have been a little spotty today. You can reset the timer by hitting pause than fold. This will look for work again and reset the timer. 

• 2 weeks later
On 5/19/2020 at 6:12 AM, GM Miss said:

Anyone who didn't grab their prizes, you can always contact me, you are never 'late'!

Well, it's next month now 🙂 you can always throw them back in the pot for the May drawing!

so many have put in a huge jump in numbers I am interested to see what the monthly for May was!

On 5/19/2020 at 12:12 PM, GM Miss said:

Anyone who didn't grab their prizes, you can always contact me, you are never 'late'!

I'm assuming I didnt win any prizes, but I can never be too sure I havent missed a message from @gmmiss

Edited by Lunchmoney

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

• Retired Lead Game Master

Hi everyone! Here are the May winners.

March Winners

April Winners

May Winners

May 2020

🏆Here is our list of winners for Top 10🏆
1. HC_Psyblade with 207,158,898 points!
2. HC_LeatherPup with
 125,571,440 points!
3. HC_CMOT_Dibbler with 
105,728,964 points!
4. HC_Ura_Hero with  83,800,235 points!
5. HC_Malohin with 81,806,064 points!
6. HC_Suicide_Squirrel with 79,899,340 points!
7. HC_Some_Girl with 77,492,057 points!
8. HC_Candidate with 76,210,207 points!
9. HC_Ruhe with 
75,399,697 points!
10. HC_Super_Sloth with 
74,348,969 points!

Here is our list of random winners with 
at least 5 work units! 

HC_Trish
HC_Jaro
HC_Nebroxah
HC_Redshadows
HC_Detective_Darkness
HC_Measley
HC_Dokam
HC_Bokkie
HC_Bic
HC_Ska-Core

Here is our list of random winners with at least 1 work unit! 

HC_Zatch
HC_Shellhead
HC_Maiden_Mayhem
HC_sonderjack
HC_Transdusa
HC_SuperKid
HC_Roughtrade
HC_Kherion
HC_Mightymoose
HC_CaptainSanity

See you guys next month for more prizes! 

!! All winners please send me a pm with the costume you would like (it's account wide), thank you !! 

!! Merits in the mail soon - located under character items !!

Edited by GM Miss
  • Like 2

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

I've been doing this since just before the start of May. When I am not playing CoX, I run it at medium. When I am playing, I run it at light. It never seemed to slow down anything until a few days ago. No matter what speed I run it, Facebook starts to stutter. If I shut it off, it's fine. NOTHING else is affected.. just FB. I am using Chrome. 

Any suggestions/ideas as to why this might be? 

On 6/4/2020 at 5:18 PM, Chuckers said:

I've been doing this since just before the start of May. When I am not playing CoX, I run it at medium. When I am playing, I run it at light. It never seemed to slow down anything until a few days ago. No matter what speed I run it, Facebook starts to stutter. If I shut it off, it's fine. NOTHING else is affected.. just FB. I am using Chrome. 

Any suggestions/ideas as to why this might be? 

Facebook uses an *amazing* amount of background resources - frightening actually, when you consider how much it SHOULD only be using for what it does... one of the reasons I quit a couple years back.  I kept finding more and more background processes it was spawning and running (not to mention HD access on the drives that *don't* have the memory cache or temp files!)... and either their software (you can't really call it just a 'site' anymore) really, REALLY sucks on resource management OR they intended a lot of those processes to keep running even after you left/closed it.  This is probably what is bumping into the Folding software as they fight for resources.

and from what I have seen of the folding software (I never shut it down anymore - if my computer is running, it is running); it is *incredibly* efficient at adjusting on the fly the amount of usage it takes while letting the foreground app run largely unhindered.  Which makes me think this is more of Facebook's issue than the Folding software.  Now what you can DO about it?  No clue - not even sure what the current version(s) are doing now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1gecko said:

Facebook uses an *amazing* amount of background resources - frightening actually, when you consider how much it SHOULD only be using for what it does... one of the reasons I quit a couple years back.  I kept finding more and more background processes it was spawning and running (not to mention HD access on the drives that *don't* have the memory cache or temp files!)... and either their software (you can't really call it just a 'site' anymore) really, REALLY sucks on resource management OR they intended a lot of those processes to keep running even after you left/closed it.  This is probably what is bumping into the Folding software as they fight for resources.

and from what I have seen of the folding software (I never shut it down anymore - if my computer is running, it is running); it is *incredibly* efficient at adjusting on the fly the amount of usage it takes while letting the foreground app run largely unhindered.  Which makes me think this is more of Facebook's issue than the Folding software.  Now what you can DO about it?  No clue - not even sure what the current version(s) are doing now.

Thanks for that info.. I figured it was either Facebook or Chrome since nothing else is affected.

• Thanks 1

Just an update, built a new rig, 8 core AMD 3rd gen, now running a Vega 64 which is a hot running beast and a tad noisy at high rpms. My goodness how much work it does, I run at max all the time, only med or light if I'm doing heavy lifting. Over 3.1 million and 251 work units. at this moment and it'll roll over on both CPU and GPU soonish. Happy to be helping the community and if any of this pays out in research its all to the better. I've been a couple decade SETI participant, and 6 other BOINC projects ran as screen savers. So Go. Fold. Kill Skullz.

Update: it's Friday and since last night there was no GPU load at all, CPU isn't covid related. Did we collectively knock out the computational projects? Is it just me?

6/11 4.4 million points and 296 units is my current total.

6/18 6,386,757 points and  394 units.

6/27  9117807 points and 513 units, now that I know where to look, ranked 123 over all.

7/17 14,999,055 points and 804 work units, ranked 95th. I just got a 24 hour 24 minute Moon Shot with a pittance of expected points. I'll tick over 15 million before midnight.

7/25  17,754,533 points and 916 work units, Ranked 83rd. So that is +40 ranks in just under a month. 6 days to go till the 31st.

Edited by Mercy Mauser
weekly update