Jimmy

Go. Fold. Kill Coronavirus. Join the Homecoming Folding@home Team Today!

Anyone who didn't grab their prizes, you can always contact me, you are never 'late'!

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

I have a new PC on the way.  I hadn't realized how old my PC was until the tablet I bought about the same time started having battery issues.   5 years old, time for a major upgrade.  Should give me a major boost in ppd.    

On 5/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, Suicide Squirrel said:

@Psyblade, you cracked the top 5000, congrats on that.

we're #67 for monthly and #139 overall, keep up the good work everyone and we just might break into the top 100. that'd be freaking cool.

What happened suicide squirrel?  You haven’t posted any new WU in quite awhile. 

29 minutes ago, Psyblade said:

Being nice to let me take over third place?

7 hours ago, Psyblade said:

I'm here, I am covertly folding under another alias atm

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Suicide Squirrel said:

I'm here, I am covertly folding under another alias atm

Ahh, ok. I was curious seeing how hard you were folding than to see you just fall off. 

Edited by Psyblade

A lot of new folks really pouring on the clock-cycles! (or whatever term you wish to use)

Admittedly, my system is not at 100%, but I was still climbing nicely - and now I am falling like a rock even with not having turned off folding in since I got it back up.. what? 2 weeks ago now?

Maybe we can hit that overall Top 100 (and break Top 50 on a Monthly this month or next)!!  That would rock.

Bumped another notch last night to #7 even though I lost several hours when I had taken my old PC offline to replace it.   

Got all the parts yesterday for the new PC.  Assembled it, powered it up and the CPU was DOA.  😞  Now it won't be together till sometime Saturday.   Super excited to get it going, it's a major upgrade over my 5 year old rig.

17 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

Bumped another notch last night to #7 even though I lost several hours when I had taken my old PC offline to replace it.   

Got all the parts yesterday for the new PC.  Assembled it, powered it up and the CPU was DOA.  😞  Now it won't be together till sometime Saturday.   Super excited to get it going, it's a major upgrade over my 5 year old rig.

Ouch. That sucks. What did you upgrade to?

I’ve had so many issues with my computer upgrade. My main one is still down after like a month. 

I'll post some pics and specs once I get it all together and working.  It was a nightmare trying to get all of the components without paying obnoxious price gougers.

2 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

I'll post some pics and specs once I get it all together and working.  It was a nightmare trying to get all of the components without paying obnoxious price gougers.

Yea, motherboard prices are crazy right now.  I bought my most recent one just as they started to climb.

I’m hopping to get my water loop finished today. And leak test tonight and tomorrow. I have some new risers coming next week which will be nice. 

Even tho I am technically doing nothing, I love doing this. I watch my numbers all the time. I can't believe I am over 600K! I hope that something good comes out of what I am doing 🙂

• Thanks 1

I posted on the discord as well but in case those mentioned missed it:

Time for me to throw in the towel, I've definitely done more then I should. I fear my electric bill this month, and my office is roasting! Congrats to Ura_Hero, Malohin, Super_Sloth, MChemManiac, and Some_Girl. Who will officially knock me out of the top 10 before the end of the month. Congrats to all top 10 Winners this month. And thank you for taking my baton from me in this Relay!

image.png.f46bd65afb0db492132ea463b6a4aa59.png

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

Has anyone else been struggling for work units today?  I started off the day with WUs 100% complete but not sent, then as the day went on I couldn't get WUs for GPUs. 

5 hours ago, Bok said:

Has anyone else been struggling for work units today?  I started off the day with WUs 100% complete but not sent, then as the day went on I couldn't get WUs for GPUs. 

They have been a little spotty today. You can reset the timer by hitting pause than fold. This will look for work again and reset the timer. 

On 5/19/2020 at 6:12 AM, GM Miss said:

Anyone who didn't grab their prizes, you can always contact me, you are never 'late'!

Well, it's next month now 🙂 you can always throw them back in the pot for the May drawing!

so many have put in a huge jump in numbers I am interested to see what the monthly for May was!