Go. Fold. Kill Coronavirus. Join the Homecoming Folding@home Team Today!

Jimmy

When my CPU completes a work unit, is it normal for 0 points earned to stay that way?  or is it only sent when my GPU also completes a unit?

EDIT:  oh, maybe someone has to manually accept us?  My name isn't showing up in the team member list

Edited by JayboH

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

1 hour ago, JayboH said:

When my CPU completes a work unit, is it normal for 0 points earned to stay that way?  or is it only sent when my GPU also completes a unit?

EDIT:  oh, maybe someone has to manually accept us?  My name isn't showing up in the team member list

The F@H servers are being hammered right now. Last time there was an update they said they've increased their userbase by more than 10x since before COVID-19. The points will update eventually, it just may take a little while. 😛I had a decent number until I joined the HC team and changed my name to fit, and that was several hours ago.

Edited by Felis Noctu
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

Yeah I am prob going to put my gaming pc on low power/only when idle but I will keep my Plex server on default nonstop.  It peaked @75°C only once and is hovering at 66°C for the most part.  I hardware transcode using hacked drivers so my users aren't seeing any difference in performance.  It's just a 2600X which are hella cheap now anyway.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

23 minutes ago, KingofMonkeys said:

No Shave Coronavirus? Who wants to grow beards and grow barbarian haircuts to promote that quarantine lifestyle?

Um. I am pretty sure that's not going to work out so well for me. 😛 At least the beard part. I have lived the barbarian haircut, most of my life, lol.

• Thanks 1

I left my computer folding while I went to work.  It sounded like it was about to achieve escape velocity, so I guess I get to see if I still have a house to come back to. 😆

My rig isn't all that impressive, but I'm happy to get back into cloud computing again, especially for a good cause.

Are daily earnable points capped at a certain point? 

It says my computer has 8 days to work this unit.  Does that mean I can only earn points every 8 days?  Or I just have 8 days to complete before they assign to someone else, and I can keep earning points as long as its running?

Edit:

Is there a leaderboard?

Edited by Obus Form
Leaderboard

• City Council

It seems that the official stats site is operating off a database snapshot and therefore isn't updating. In the mean time, I have created a Discord bot to keep a leaderboard updated in the #folding-leaderboard channel of our Discord server.

2 hours ago, Obus Form said:

Are daily earnable points capped at a certain point? 

It says my computer has 8 days to work this unit.  Does that mean I can only earn points every 8 days?  Or I just have 8 days to complete before they assign to someone else, and I can keep earning points as long as its running?

This is the timeout for the work unit - you have that amount of time remaining to complete the work unit before it is marked as failed and reassigned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

2 hours ago, Cipher said:

..... In the mean time, I have created a Discord bot to keep a leaderboard updated in the #folding-leaderboard channel of our Discord server......

Looking at it now. I don't see my name. 😞 I joined yesterday and the list was posted today.

FatHDashboard.png

13 minutes ago, DawL said:

Looking at it now. I don't see my name. 😞 I joined yesterday and the list was posted today.

FatHDashboard.png

I'm in the same boat.

My best guess is that either the large server load + snap shot makes the snapshot about a day old, or the top 20 are running several computers and outputting more than the rest of us plebian 1computer peons.

Edited by Obus Form

Ah, I thought it was everyone's standings. We're offline for the foreseeable future,  as the cable company is burying new line. Hopefully this app can fold offline and return the completed WUs when we're reconnected. 

8 hours ago, Obus Form said:

When I  look on their website, it doesn't seem to show any other members except Nemesis_Plot as part of the HC folding team.

You answered your question right there. ;)

• Haha 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Joined and registered and all that!

This program is actually helping my son's anxiety (he's autistic and the Coronavirus is a big trigger for him at the moment) as he knows that his PC is helping towards it.

The fact it's now running with 10 times the amount of people using it means it's now more powerful than the top 7 supercomputers put together helps him understand that it's being worked on and we are actually doing our bit to help.

I've just told him about this group and he's bouncing and stimming like crazy with excitement and happiness 🙂

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Coin said:

This program is actually helping my son's anxiety (he's autistic and the Coronavirus is a big trigger for him at the moment) as he knows that his PC is helping towards it.

The fact it's now running with 10 times the amount of people using it means it's now more powerful than the top 7 supercomputers put together helps him understand that it's being worked on and we are actually doing our bit to help.

I've just told him about this group and he's bouncing and stimming like crazy with excitement and happiness 🙂

Coin, as a way to further quantify your helping whenever you work on a Corona Virus work unit, the web console will tell you that's what you are working on, and each unit has a different work unit number, if you use the windows snipping tool you can make picture files that you could print out kinda like trading cards, for each Corona Unit you finish.

• Like 1

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!