Highest single target damage set for Stalkers?

Silverado

13 hours ago, KelvinKole said:

That's why I paired it with /rad. Siphon life and particle shielding will keep you upright, so you can turn radiation therapy into a proc Nuke, and you have ground zero plus any patron AoEs you want (I took fireball). And then comes judgment, so yea plenty of AoE. I don't think I'll respect into shadow maul even with the changes. 

I'm a ways away from having the incarnates to run any tests. I'm not very efficient at building characters on the test sever, but might give it go. 

Shadow maul is quite nice now though.  Basically the set is just as good as Ninja blade and broadsword now when it comes to AoE (one big cone, I don't really count golden dragonfly/headsplitters absolute tiny cone).   Mine is SR though, so much more important in my build naturally.

Agreed as to the feel of it which I've always found the most satisfying personally of any melee set.  Then you add to it that it consists mostly of the least resisted damage type in the game as an often overlooked bonus, as well as the extra survivability it offers.  I think a lot pass on stalker version just because it doesn't have soul drain but I find fast recharging BU's more fun (and more effective when either you get tohit debuffed or going one vs. one against an AV or such.) 

3 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

So it's one of the "120 second" procs where it's active while the power's active and for 2 minutes after? Seems reasonable since there's certainly a lot of procs that work like that.

I don't know if it's 120 seconds, but seems to behave like that with some sort of invisible triggered status on you. I know that I've slotted it several times in an AoE, gone to RWZ and started taking down Pylons for tests without that AoE and notice 0 firings. Then I'll remember, "oh I have to go trigger that", go hit a spawn with said AoE, and go back to clearing pylons. It will refresh periodically from that point. I repeat this pretty often on test with the same characters every time I log in because I forget about it.

I have it in Shield Charge and here's it triggering from another power : 

[12:13] You activated the Rending Flurry Normal power.
[12:13] HIT Death Shaman! Your Rending Flurry Normal power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 22.41.
[12:13] Build Up is recharged by your Superior Assassin's Mark!

On 4/8/2020 at 7:07 AM, KelvinKole said:

That's why I paired it with /rad. Siphon life and particle shielding will keep you upright, so you can turn radiation therapy into a proc Nuke, and you have ground zero plus any patron AoEs you want (I took fireball). And then comes judgment, so yea plenty of AoE. I don't think I'll respect into shadow maul even with the changes. 

I'm a ways away from having the incarnates to run any tests. I'm not very efficient at building characters on the test sever, but might give it go. 

I spun up a dm/rad and tested it, since I just did a claws/rad and couldn't sleep anyway. T4 Musc Core, T4 Ageless Core, T4 Degen Core, T4 Pyro Core, T4 Assault Core (off)

2:08 427
2:11 421
2:09 425

That's pretty solid considering it can't slot any -res procs itself outside of Waterspout and Radiation Therapy (which I did use). It's just slightly behind the claws/rad, which can slot two different -res procs and a build up proc in its chain (plus the -res in Radiation Therapy again). It's not 100% apples to apples with the other sets because the secondaries are not the same as other tests, but IMO it needs Rad to be playable for the AoE help you mentioned. A better build could be had too, because I slapped it together from the claws/rad I was working with, but you probably wouldn't get a ton more.

10 hours ago, Microcosm said:

I spun up a dm/rad and tested it, since I just did a claws/rad and couldn't sleep anyway. T4 Musc Core, T4 Ageless Core, T4 Degen Core, T4 Pyro Core, T4 Assault Core (off)

2:08 427
2:11 421
2:09 425

That's pretty solid considering it can't slot any -res procs itself outside of Waterspout and Radiation Therapy (which I did use). It's just slightly behind the claws/rad, which can slot two different -res procs and a build up proc in its chain (plus the -res in Radiation Therapy again). It's not 100% apples to apples with the other sets because the secondaries are not the same as other tests, but IMO it needs Rad to be playable for the AoE help you mentioned. A better build could be had too, because I slapped it together from the claws/rad I was working with, but you probably wouldn't get a ton more.

Cool! Thanks for giving it a run. Are you able to share the build you used?

3 hours ago, KelvinKole said:

Cool! Thanks for giving it a run. Are you able to share the build you used?

You might get away with proccing Midnight's Grasp as well because of Ageless, but maybe not as it needs to recharge in 4.488 seconds.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(29), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(37), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), GldStr-%Dam(40)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(3), Rct-ResDam%(40), Ksm-ToHit+(40)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- Arm-Dmg(A)
Level 4: Alpha Barrier -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg(5), ImpSki-Status(31), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg(48), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 6: Assassin's Eclipse -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(7), TchofDth-Dam%(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(9), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(11)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(11)
Level 12: Proton Armor -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg(13), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg(43), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50), ImpSki-Status(50)
Level 14: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(15), PwrTrns-EndMod(15)
Level 16: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(43), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(45), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 18: Siphon Life -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg(A), GldStr-%Dam(19), Dmg-I(19), TchofDth-Dam%(23), Mk'Bit-Dam%(25), CldSns-%Dam(27)
Level 20: Radiation Therapy -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Arm-Dam%(21), TchoftheN-%Dam(31), Erd-%Dam(34), ScrDrv-Dam%(37)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(23)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 26: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(29), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(48)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(33), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Hct-Acc/Rchg(34), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), ScrDrv-Dam%(36), Obl-%Dam(45), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(46)
Level 38: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39)
Level 41: Water Spout -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Hibernate -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(13), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(17), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(3), PwrTrns-EndMod(5)
------------

I know some dislike the animations and/or sounds of Kinetic Melee, but I know Kin Melee is ridiculous on stalkers in particular.

I mean, build up can be fired back to back to back with both the ATOs and how Concentrated Strike works (and how it hits.)

+80% damage x2 regularly is nothing to sneeze at yes?

Surely stalkers have the best version of Kinetic Melee in the game.

Every time you crit (which you can control with placate) using Conc Strike you refresh build up and then add the two ATOs...  sheesh

• Like 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 3/21/2020 at 9:17 PM, Coyote said:

To note, Savage is a very high damage set, because it's among the top damage sets in ST AND in AoE.

However, I like to say that it has "negative mitigation"... unlike other sets that lower incoming damage, Savage actually lets mobs do MORE damage than they should, because they get an extra second or two before the DoT kills them... or else you spend another attack to finish them off, in which case it's no longer that great for damage. It really works best with a very strong defensive build that can handle the extra incoming attacks, and leverage the high damage output.

Note, though, that high AoE damage IS damage mitigation, so that makes up for the extra attacks done during the DoT period.

Overwhelming force proc in savage leap works wonders. Put that in when I ran out of damage procs.

21 hours ago, JayboH said:

I know some dislike the animations and/or sounds of Kinetic Melee, but I know Kin Melee is ridiculous on stalkers in particular.

I mean, build up can be fired back to back to back with both the ATOs and how Concentrated Strike works (and how it hits.)

Every time you crit (which you can control with placate) using Conc Strike you refresh build up and then add the two ATOs...  sheesh

I think KM with Concentrated Strike feels better than it actually is (which is probably a good thing). In practice I've gotten a best pylon time of 2:18, and usually more around the 2:36 range for KM/Rad using Concentrated Strike, which is somewhere on the lower end of the middle range for Stalkers. Sir Myshkin also has a couple posts about it in the pylon thread on page 5 where he ended up getting better numbers by ditching the whole Concentrated Strike mechanic. I like the set a lot better on Scrappers actually, even though you won't get nearly as good single target damage because it lacks AS.

19 minutes ago, Microcosm said:

I think KM with Concentrated Strike feels better than it actually is (which is probably a good thing). In practice I've gotten a best pylon time of 2:18, and usually more around the 2:36 range for KM/Rad using Concentrated Strike, which is somewhere on the lower end of the middle range for Stalkers. Sir Myshkin also has a couple posts about it in the pylon thread on page 5 where he ended up getting better numbers by ditching the whole Concentrated Strike mechanic. I like the set a lot better on Scrappers actually, even though you won't get nearly as good single target damage because it lacks AS.

I mean the constant build up across the whole set not just conc strike - you can control when you refresh build up anytime you want on top of the two ATOs...

On 4/14/2020 at 1:26 AM, JayboH said:

Kinetic melee does absolutely slap on stalkers, but it's less because of concentrated strike and more because their assassin's strike casts in like 0.66 seconds or something insane.

In the time it takes you to cast CS you can almost use your t1+t2+t3 attacks which will do the same damage, plus the possibility of critical hits, plus a decent shot of recharging build up for free, PLUS you build up more stacks of assassin's focus so you can get back to assassin's strike. 

That said build up is definitely better than power siphon so if you're into the minigame of casting build up as often as possible stalkers are 100% the best archetype to do it, and if you're the type of player who enjoys using placate this will definitely be up your alley.  (I always skip placate because it's more damage to just keep attacking)

18 hours ago, Microcosm said:

I remember testing that back during live. Using constant BU, mostly to utilize an insta-snipe. It worked out ok, it was pretty fun. In the end it fell behind other Stalker primaries. Here's a video of it in action back in 2012:

With today's CoX, there's probably a lot of improvements for KM's CS/BU mechanic. Just slotting a single Gaussian proc for a high chance for double BU for 5s. Concentrated Strike is probably a proc monster, which would make it more viable than it was previously. 

Moonbeam, Zapp and Mace Beam should be proc monsters as well. Insta-snipes would actually be better on KM than most Stalker primaries. With constant BU+Kismet providing +26% tohit, snipes would always have their max damage bonus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pizzamurai said:

@Microcosm I don't suppose you'd happen to have a DB/EA stalker build lying around somewhere? I see you've played a lot of DB but I have absolutely no idea where to start with this combo in making it powerful (and what rotation to use)

I've never done Energy Aura on a stalker, but SwitchFade's reply in the other thread seems like good advice to me. For DB you have basically three options, 1) focus on combos (not great performance and will likely disappoint you with misses), 2) go full on recharge for Ablating Strike and Sweeping Strike to try to rotate these powers maximally, and 3) try to increase number of procs and proc firings by not going full recharge in Ablating and Sweeping but getting global recharge where you can. Option 3 will give you the best performance if you can pull it off, and Energy Aura is well placed for this as it gets a +rech power and enough recovery tools that you don't have to slot for endurance in your powers at all if you do it right. Electric and SR are also good secondaries for trying option 3.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 5:11 PM, StrikerFox said:

That 450 dps pylon time was an early run. I have StJ/SR down to 90s for about 550dps. StJ is tough to beat. It's combo system and accumulating Assassin's Focus just works very well together. Also SR is so easy to softcap and with built in recharge makes gearing for damage and procs fairly simple. 

Considering the resist graph posted earlier in the thread, do you find Degenerative's -MaxHP to still be superior even though it seems Degenerative's Toxic proc is 100% resisted by all mobs in the entire game?

Also, can you post your build?  This is sweet.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:54 PM, Microcosm said:

You have to trigger the power it's in at least once per map to get it to start firing. Figured this out after a looot of Pylon tests. Pseudo pets like shield charge and waterspout will also trigger it but the flavor text will be a different color and it won't recharge the buildup, presumably because it is affecting the attack caster's buildup and the caster at that point is the pet.

After some more testing I can say this is exactly what's happening. Until I use the power that I slotted the proc into the proc does not activate at all.

Also, no one mentioned Ice Melee? For shame!

• Like 1