Patron Pets

Fellow VEATs, I am almost ready to take powers from the Patron Pools, Ghost Widow specifically. And I am wondering if the pet from her set is any good. It's a pure melee pet, that I recall not being very good on Live. Wondering if it has been buffed or improved in any way.

My back up choice is Sirocco.

Best is for you to try them both out on the Beta server.     With all the leadership Toggles VEATs get, almost any pets end up being fairly powerful.   Also the number of pets you can get gives you plenty of room to slot the four Pet IO's for a total +10Def and +20Res for all your pets.  Importantly those Buffs goes to Lore pets too.   And you can use the Buildup Proc from the Purple pet set for your pet that does the most Damage.   Makes it possible create MM like VEAT builds. 

As far as the Patron Pets go for VEATs my personal favorite is the Leviathan pets.  It's very sturdy with your buffs, and does respectable damage.    The Mu Striker is all ranged.  Ranged pets tend to take less damage. I believe it also has a heal.    The Blood Widow if I recall has some +Def, so might be possible softcap her.   Blood Widow has more attacks and should do more damage. But most attacks are melee so she'll often be in range to take melee and Pbaoe damage.  Probably a wash for survivability.  But definitely worth testing yourself since it's relatively easy on the Beta server.

10 hours ago, Dr Causality said:

And you can use the Buildup Proc from the Purple pet set for your pet that does the most Damage. 

I always slot the Soulbound Alliegence  Build Up Purple proc in pet powers which spawn 3 pets (the lowest tier). Each of the pets will trigger the proc, and (as it triggers) it helps them hit the higher level mobs more reliably. Obviously for VEAT this advice only applies to Crabs.

For my Fortunata / Widow I don't bother with the Patron pet. Those toons move so fast (and are self-defense capped) that the Pet has trouble keeping up. My Bane has the T2 pets, but despite all my build efforts (including Provoke, and AoE) without true MM commands it is extremely difficult to get the pets to focus fire where needed (and thus allow me to keep aggro).

My Crab went Mace Mastery for a full suite of Arachnobots. The Patrol Arachnobot Blaster is somewhat better behaved (i.e. stays close to me) and thus stays alive for the entire 3 minutes. I should note that my Crab has perma-hasten and I have timed the recharge of the T2 and T3 Arachnobots to expire shortly before 3 minutes is up. This allows me to monitor how much life I still have on them. The T1 recharge much faster than that.

Final thoughts: Ultimately you need to decide what the pet is going to do for you. If you run x1 or x2 content the pet(s) will be focusing fire, so you can run higher (+N) missions. If you are running x8 content, the VEAT pets will essentially be grabbing aggro that you would otherwise have focused on you.

Respecs are easy to get, so I encourage you to try different approaches.