New Beam Rifle Sound Effects Mod

Solarverse

2 hours ago, Razia said:

Hi, is this still working? I can't to seem to get it to work. I did create all the files in the City of Heroes folder and restarted the game. I am using the new launcher btw.

Ok, found the problem, it has indeed something to do with the new launcher.

Yeah, instead of putting it in the CoH folder, you put it in your Homecoming folder. I *think* I covered this in the main thread. This thread should have died, lol. If it is not updated in the other thread, I'll update it once I get home.

• Like 1

• 1 year later

I created this file, but I don't get a usual sound for some reason. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have all the sounds mixed up, and now it's just unbearable to listen to. I've only seen such a spread of different sounds on the royalty-free sound library when I created my own music and looked for new sounds for myself. Please help me fix the situation, because it's already impossible to play, and I don't want to quit, because I really like this game. I tried reinstalling all the programs and starting all over again, but nothing helped. Maybe I should reinstall the operating system? I will be glad of any advice

Edited by hewettsugiyama4

On 1/31/2022 at 1:19 AM, hewettsugiyama4 said:

I created this file, but I don't get a usual sound for some reason. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have all the sounds mixed up, and now it's just unbearable to listen to. I've only seen such a spread of different sounds on the royalty-free sound library when I created my own music and looked for new sounds for myself. Please help me fix the situation, because it's already impossible to play, and I don't want to quit, because I really like this game. I tried reinstalling all the programs and starting all over again, but nothing helped. Maybe I should reinstall the operating system? I will be glad of any advice

You shouldn't have to reinstall the game, and you most definitely don't need to reinstall the OS.

If you have created data folder and sounds subfolder for modifying in-game sounds, you only need to rename those sfx files and the game will go back to using the original sfx. For example 'BR_CuttingBeam_Attack_01.ogg' can be renamed '_BR_CuttingBeam_Attack_01.ogg'. This is usually the easiest way to narrow down the problem.

Also see several posts above yours, if you are using the Tequila launcher or HC launcher, the steps may be different. Other than that I recommend following the link in my or @Solarverse's sig to their main thread.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.