Fire/Dark Tanker build advice

TG BrainFog

Hello folks!

I'm a longtime CoH player, and have generally made my way by piggybacking on builds and advice from folks in the community. Even on my best day, I was never very good at assessing builds myself, so I would put things together based on what others had done, and then maybe make adjustments based on my experience playing them. I've tried a few times to come up with builds myself, but I really lose track of what's what when it comes to set bonuses and what I'm shooting for. 

Over the last couple of years I've developed a sleep disorder (that still hasn't completely been figured out), and my short-term memory and ability to focus have really taken a hit. The BrainFog thing really comes from that. I've tried to put together a build for a fire/dark tanker, but I'm not sure if I'm even really in the right ballpark. I know that knockdown/back is a pain, so I put some enh in there to combat that. I think mystic flight would be a nice touch, just for the vibe of it. Other than that, I just want to be able to tank things and not feel like I'm wearing tissue paper armor. I figure the heals and consumes are important, but that's just me guessing. I was trying to shore up defense some with it being a resistance based set, but I'm not sure if I did it very well. 

If anyone would be willing to offer some thoughts on the build and maybe offer some suggestion of things I should consider changing, I would really appreciate it. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Shield -- StdPrt-ResKB(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(3), Ags-ResDam(3), Ags-Psi/Status(5), ImpArm-ResPsi(29), GldArm-End/Res(39)
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(27)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(5), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(7), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(9), DctWnd-Heal(27), DctWnd-Rchg(29)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(43)
Level 8: Consume -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(9), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(11), PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(15), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(34), PrfShf-End%(36)
Level 10: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Plasma Shield -- ResDam-I(A)
Level 14: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(15), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(17), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), RctArm-ResDam(42), RctArm-EndRdx(48)
Level 16: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(48)
Level 18: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(43)
Level 20: Burn -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(46)
Level 22: Temperature Protection -- ResDam-I(A)
Level 24: Shadow Maul -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(40), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(40), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(40), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(42), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(43)
Level 26: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Soul Drain -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(31), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Build%(39)
Level 30: Touch of Fear -- PrfZng-Taunt(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg(50), PrfZng-Dam%(50), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(50)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 35: Dark Consumption -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(36), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(36), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- DblAct-Acc/Immob/Rchg(A)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 47: Taunt -- PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(A)
Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(13)
------------

I didn't do Fire/Dark I did Fire/Fire, but I think you should be about +Rechg, Smash and Lethal defense when it comes to bonuses.

The other thing I noticed is Shadow Maul is not damage slotted, Midnight Grasp is empty. Firetanks do tank well and they can afford to put slots in all the attacks in the process.

Some IO sets I would move, I like high rechg IOsets on my long rechargers, or high end redux IO sets on my end per second powers.

I also look at how far over I get past ED, then perhaps swap an IO, like a proc if I only need 5 of the set.

I was tanking a lot unaided from a low level, hastened healing flames self stacked to raise my toxic res, taunt was used to perhaps lower the dps of GM on me, say Adamastor, his attack chain is limited by his lack if range and no support was needed, the earlier the better, it also helped keep strays from taking out distant team mates or for keeping things herded within debuffs. Blazing aura isn't autohit iirc.

Plasma shield would get more love slot wise. Accuracy of attacks could do with being 150% ish

The KB prot, +Def IOs would go into a passive so they were always on.

Burn has along duration anyway so it was my immob protection, combat jump is a luck of the gambler mule. 

Edited by NEW DAWN

Some players make their characters all about them, if it doesn't help them, they don't want it, their build advice to you will ofcourse be about making your character the best thing that helps them too if they ever team with you, because it's always about them.