Focused Feedback: Electrical Affinity - Powers (Release Candidates)

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Thanks for that. Tracked down the issue and fixed. Horfix coming shortly.

Hot fix looked good for the bug we found. @Myrmidon and I can confirm that targeting an enemy will result in a rez AoE of 20 feet, and we also confirmed the AoE of the recovery/sleep is 15 feet.

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

39 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Do we need to repeat the multi-target rez testing?  I can be available same bat time, same bat channel.

It would be nice to do, but not high priority. We showed the rez part worked with allies, and now that the enemy targeting showed to work at rez, I would have doubts on it not working for multiples. Still, worth doing, but I suspect it will work as intended

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Had a play with teh set tonight. Seems pretty good.

Thoughts:

Faraday Cage with a FOUR MINUTE rech? WHy? It is a seriously awesome power, just for the status res alone. The other buffs are gravy, and the constant +static kicks ass. But 4 mins? When the rech is so low anyway?

Shock and the other end drainer seem decent enough..but maaybe a lil damage or -res on shock?

37 minutes ago, GuyPerfect said:

Is the four-minute duration on Faraday Cage unreasonable?

I like it.  Just like bubbles, etc, the expectation is it's always up.  That paired with the single-cage limit, I like the idea that you have ONE point that's following you through the mission.

• Like 2

I think Farady Cage is in a good place personally. I would have kept the original 32 second reharge, but its not terrible after the revision. It's very powerful--no other set gets complete mezz protection. But, to get the protection, you have to expend a click.

Right now this set is one of the tankiest buff/debuff sets there is. The other sets with personal anti mezz are Traps, Sonic, and Force Field. All have a Sleep, Confuse, and Terrorize hole. None of those has heal or recovery. Also none of them has a "bust out" power that makes it possible to break out of a mezz after you've been hit.

I do hope after Electric Affinity comes out we can talk about Force Field and Sonic and look at what we can do to make them better. Electric is about where it needs to be, those  could use some development.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 2

Didn't try Defib but I like where the set is and how Faraday is.

EDIT:  Traps could use a little attention, but Force Field does not.  Sonic probably could use a lower rech on liquefy, Clarity should swap positions with Sonic Cage,  but that's about it.  Force Fields are crazy strong - the issue is that the other powers are pretty skippable - unless that is what you are talking about.  I really hope FF does not get a heal, if that's what you are hinting at.  If you are talking about the status protection, yeah being able to activate those when mezzed would be a nice buff.

My issue with traps is that it doesn't need both trip mines and time bomb, and I think Triage Beacon (and Spirit Tree is the same power) needs a much lower recharge.  Keep it positional like Faraday but make it have like a 1 min recharge base or maybe even lower, so that it is up every other group perhaps.

However if there is one set beyond Trick Arrow that needs attention it's Poison.  Those two should be priority to getting attention IMO as far as support sets go.

Edited by JayboH
  • Confused 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Balance feedback: You will regret letting this go live with Faraday Cage able to be cast while mezzed.

I had seen people talking about this and I just did it to end a Sleep effect to test it.  This works and I do not like this precedent.  If anyone gets to break free from mezzes, it's the tanking ATs, or at least melees.  Martial Blasters getting to do this every 2 minutes is nothing like a Defender/Corruptor/Controller/Mastermind being completely unstoppable by mez.

Keep it to pre-emptive only, I say.

14 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Balance feedback: You will regret letting this go live with Faraday Cage able to be cast while mezzed.

I had seen people talking about this and I just did it to end a Sleep effect to test it.  This works and I do not like this precedent.  If anyone gets to break free from mezzes, it's the tanking ATs, or at least melees.  Martial Blasters getting to do this every 2 minutes is nothing like a Defender/Corruptor/Controller/Mastermind being completely unstoppable by mez.

As far as I know, all click anti-mez powers work this way. It's only toggle anti-mez powers that need to be activated beforehand.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

As far as I know, all click anti-mez powers work this way. It's only toggle anti-mez powers that need to be activated beforehand.

The armor's clicks, such as Practiced Brawler, do not have this behavior.

That said, I'm trying to test to ensure that's what's actually happening here.  Sleeps are too fragile and it's always possible something hit server-side differently than on my client.  And freakshow stuns are too short to be sure as well.

8 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

27 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Rune of Protection acts as a break free, lasting 90 seconds with near T9 armor resistances. It can't be made perma, but top end builds will have it up 60% of the time in solo play, probably 75% of the time in league play. 

1 minute ago, Bopper said:

Rune of Protection acts as a break free, lasting 90 seconds with near T9 armor resistances. It can't be made perma, but top end builds will have it up 60% of the time in solo play, probably 75% of the time in league play. 

This is the real crux of the issue.  Out the box, Faraday Cage has a 10 second recast.  We already established it's supposed to be bubble-esque, always up and buffing your team.  But this means you have mez protection as a click on a 10 second max cooldown.  That's insane.

55 minutes ago, Replacement said:

There is a power in the game that anyone can take that does this very thing: Clarion.  ...and it can be made perma.

You might have also hit on what would be a draw to the powerset.  Each one has its own niche.

Edited by JayboH

1 minute ago, JayboH said:

There is a power in the game that anyone can take that does this very thing: Clarion

60/60 seconds and 90/90 seconds.  And... Incarnate.  My opinion is unshaken: on a set that doesn't even have to worry about losing offensive toggles, complete mez immunity on a support AT still feels outrageous to me.  I'm glad you guys are disagreeing and HC gets a better picture that I'm in the minority here, but I still stick to my original statement that they will regret it.

2 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Pretty sure they do.

They don't.  EDIT:  apparently the clicks do

The concept he's trying to get across I think is that it needs a hole - because wandering into a click protective field already exists in the form of FFG in Traps, and even though it grants the ability for every attack to miss you regardless of range or origin, it has holes in its status protection.

The thing is, he may have hit on what is one of the set's draws - its flavor or uniqueness basically - what makes it stand out, while other sets have their own attractions.

Edited by JayboH

49 minutes ago, Replacement said:

This is the real crux of the issue.  Out the box, Faraday Cage has a 10 second recast.  We already established it's supposed to be bubble-esque, always up and buffing your team.  But this means you have mez protection as a click on a 10 second max cooldown.  That's insane.

It is certainly very powerful. It's the set's version of Farsight. Uniquely powerful. 

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

Pretty sure they do.

Can conf... oh...

19 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Confirmed, Active Defense Does activate while mezzed.

I assume Practiced Brawler is the same, that is what I recall, although I deleted my SR toon so I can't easily check.

That.  I just checked with Active Defense as well.

• Developer

Most mez prot click powers can be used while mezzed. It was added a long time ago to counter balance the toggle-and-forget advantage toggle mez prot have.

You still likely want mez prot active are all time, mostly because of knockback, but it still gives some leeway to the user where they can opt to not have their mez prot ok auto, as they can still break free once held/stunned/etc.

Even powers like unstoppable should be usable while mezzed.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse
  • Like 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

12 hours ago, GuyPerfect said:

Is the four-minute duration on Faraday Cage unreasonable?

It just seems totally..arbitrary. Sure, its a unique power and stuff, but with such a low recharge, and how good it is..

I also agree about the ability to use it when Mezzed. That just makes it too good.