Felis Noctu

Mids' Reborn Unofficial (MRBU)

1 minute ago, Felis Noctu said:

@darkgob

Good news!

(screenshot snipped)

In your configuration there's a color option for all the various text strings in Mids. You can set them to whatever you like by clicking on the entry!

Don't suppose there's any info available on the old settings?

Posted (edited)

@darkgob

Give me a few minutes to see if I can scrounge up a pre-2.6 version to check

Edited by Felis Noctu

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

While we're on the subject of UI colors -- is the Hero/Villain supposed to be broken?  The UI is always blue no matter how it's set.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, darkgob said:

While we're on the subject of UI colors -- is the Hero/Villain supposed to be broken?  The UI is always blue no matter how it's set.

Not broken, removed. It was using a sketchy color overlay process to recolor things, so Metalios straight up removed it. The Hero/Villain toggle only really exists for accolades/temp powers at the moment. As well, apparently the answer as to why the color scheme was changed was to be colorblind-friendly. Yellow & Green is hard to differentiate, and adding a red overlay to it (for the villain theme)

made that even worse.

Also!

Place this in your Mids Reborn/Data folder, overwriting your old Config.json:

Config.json

Extract these images to your Mids Reborn/Images folder, overwriting the two that are in there already:

Images.zip

Hello again, old friend!
YFsB3v2.png

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 1

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

So after spending an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with installer, I found this posted earlier and it fixed the problem. Adding a 2 to directory solved whatever was causing it to bug out:

windows 10, was yesterday morning, nothing unusual about what was last done, normal day, normal use.

I have however found a work around. I installed to a different directory; 

C:\Users\Identity\AppData\Roaming\RebornTeam\Mids Reborn2

which works perfectly now.

still cant install or use the old directory.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Felis Noctu said:

Not broken, removed. It was using a sketchy color overlay process to recolor things, so Metalios straight up removed it. The Hero/Villain toggle only really exists for accolades/temp powers at the moment. As well, apparently the answer as to why the color scheme was changed was to be colorblind-friendly. Yellow & Green is hard to differentiate, and adding a red overlay to it (for the villain theme) made that even worse.

I'm colorblind but I really rather prefer it -- not all colorblindness is equal though.  IMO you would have been better off instead trying to find more distinct tones of the same colors rather than changing their semantics entirely -- it was an extremely jarring change.

Nevertheless, I appreciate 1) having the ability to customize the colors at all, and 2) your efforts at extracting the original theme settings.  Thanks!

EDIT: Strangely, some of the colors in the Config.json you uploaded don't match the colors I extracted from the screenshot I posted before.  That screenshot didn't have an example of Taken Power (Dark), but the color for Taken Power was (0,255,0), whereas your Config.json has it defined as "Lime" (192,255,0) which I agree is definitely way too similar to yellow.  I think Taken Power (Dark) used to be (0,128,0) -- that may not be precisely what it was before but hell it occurs so infrequently anyway.

Also I'm unclear what the images you shared are for.  Those look the same to me.

Edited by darkgob

8 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

So after spending an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with installer, I found this posted earlier and it fixed the problem. Adding a 2 to directory solved whatever was causing it to bug out:

windows 10, was yesterday morning, nothing unusual about what was last done, normal day, normal use.

I have however found a work around. I installed to a different directory; 

C:\Users\Identity\AppData\Roaming\RebornTeam\Mids Reborn2

which works perfectly now.

still cant install or use the old directory.

As I mentioned a few posts back, you should delete the entire old directory.  That was that allowed me to install the new version.

47 minutes ago, darkgob said:

I'm colorblind but I really rather prefer it -- not all colorblindness is equal though.  IMO you would have been better off instead trying to find more distinct tones of the same colors rather than changing their semantics entirely -- it was an extremely jarring change.

Nevertheless, I appreciate 1) having the ability to customize the colors at all, and 2) your efforts at extracting the original theme settings.  Thanks!

EDIT: Strangely, some of the colors in the Config.json you uploaded don't match the colors I extracted from the screenshot I posted before.  That screenshot didn't have an example of Taken Power (Dark), but the color for Taken Power was (0,255,0), whereas your Config.json has it defined as "Lime" (192,255,0) which I agree is definitely way too similar to yellow.  I think Taken Power (Dark) used to be (0,128,0) -- that may not be precisely what it was before but hell it occurs so infrequently anyway.

Also I'm unclear what the images you shared are for.  Those look the same to me.

Those color values were copied line for line from Pine's Hero Designer, which used the old theme colors. Mids does seem to convert some colors to name values, but it hasn't affected the appearance on my end. I'm not sure what to tell you, it looks exactly the same to me:
ZssJO0o.png

As for the images, they're the selection bubbles for "current level/hovered power" and "place slot" in the UI. I can assure you they're different from the stock install of Mids 2.7.2.10. The ones that come with Mids now are yellow. The ones I packaged up for you use the old green.

~ The Meowcronomicon

2 hours ago, Felis Noctu said:

Those color values were copied line for line from Pine's Hero Designer, which used the old theme colors. Mids does seem to convert some colors to name values, but it hasn't affected the appearance on my end. I'm not sure what to tell you, it looks exactly the same to me:

I mean, they look the same to me too, but I assumed Lime in the config file corresponded to the definition for the color I could find online.  Using an eyedropper on your screenshot yields (1,255,0) though.

I just remembered that I have a super old build of Pine's on an external drive, last updated 6/28/19.  Taken Power on that is set to (0,255,0).  That build has no Config.json, and Config.mhd doesn't look like it's storing the UI color info in it, so I'm not sure where that was kept before.

How would i get the enhancements like Decimation: Chance for Build Up or Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge to show the effects when the power is toggled ? Doesn't seem to work and I remember it working in Mid's or Pine's before.

4 hours ago, dhaus421 said:

How would i get the enhancements like Decimation: Chance for Build Up or Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge to show the effects when the power is toggled ? Doesn't seem to work and I remember it working in Mid's or Pine's before.

Are you looking at "View Totals"?

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Posted (edited)

This thread will reopen once we have beta content to work with. Currently we're reorganizing and centralizing the work of MRB and MRBU and working on functionality issues.

Please use the official version of Mids Reborn, as it includes all of our changes and more at this time!

Edited by Felis Noctu

~ The Meowcronomicon